Dak: Just how people feel - What it says if the contract isn't done before season

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Ya'll remember when a more accomplished QB, Lamar Jackson, thought he was worth more than he was?

The Ravens said "okay, try and find a team to pay ya what you're wanting".

He didn't get a single offer and came crawling back to the Ravens.
In fairness, any team that would sign Lamar would have to give first round draft choices in the next two drafts to the Ravens. 1st are more valuable than ever with the escalating salaries for QBs and now receivers. And Baltimore could have just matched the offer and retained him. It was tantamount to another team doing Baltimore’s negotiating work for them.

Dak’s situation will be significantly different. No compensation to Cowboys for signing him. That makes him much more desirable.

Swagger

Reaction score
He's totally delusional.
I remember his post match comments following his latest embarrassing performance in the play offs against the Packers.

From memory he said something along the lines of, we (offense) couldn't get it going early on but we found our rhythm in the second half. I mean the lack of self awareness was hilarious. Perhaps because you personally gave them two touchdowns in the first half and the Packers had the game won before half time. Then prevent defense and the 3rd stringers coming in with the Packers happy to give up small chunk plays to eat the clock allowed Prescott to put up (almost) respectable box stats...pathetic! Delusions of grandeur!!!!!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He's totally delusional.
He knows he will be paid only as much as one of the team owners is willing to pay him. He is fully aware of his situation. You’re “delusional”. He and his agent hammered Jerry last time they negotiated. If I were Jerry I’d steer clear of Prescott and France. Find another quarterback. Other teams do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s had all the leverage since he signed his extension 4 years ago
Sorry, but he didn’t have the kind of leverage he does now. The more leaves that have fallen the more leverage he’s been getting. Now it’s less than two weeks before the season opener and he has the Joneses backed into a tight corner. They could have worked out something a lot sooner, but they wanted the leaves to fall and now they have a dilemma. The QB they gave up a 4th round draft pick for that they were hoping could be his replacement is flaming out like he did in San Francisco. The Cowboys are walking a tight rope without a safety net not having a viable option at QB to turn to. Dak couldn’t be sitting any better than he is. He knows what lies ahead for him in free agency and we know what lies ahead of us if we can’t get him signed and he walks.

Flamma

Reaction score
If it isn’t done he may want to explore free agency. It’s looking more and more like the ball is in his court. The Cowboys would have to offer him at the very least $60 million per season and he could very likely get more than that in free agency. He’s got a ton of leverage and the only risk he would be taking is if he were to suffer a serious injury.
Yes, if he hits FA, 60M will be the floor. The only other thing besides injury that could throw a wrench in those plans is a Russel Wilson type season in Denver.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
First, I saw the look myself and I'm not a Dak hater.

Second, I don't see how you pay 2 offensive players top-2 salaries and afford a stout defense. Not this FO anyway.
That was the look you saw from your perspective. I haven’t seen that look and I’m a very objective fan. Just because a QB makes a bad throw in a big game, doesn’t mean they have that deer in the headlights look. You could put that spin on any QB that’s made a poor throw in a big game. He’s made some big throws in big games before. Being able to afford to build a stout defense doesn’t mean you will. We could put a ton of money into the defense and it doesn’t mean those players will turn out. Draft picks go bust and don’t develop the way you hoped. Not all free agent signings pan out. The Cowboys haven’t had a great defense since the mid 90s. They haven’t had defenses that have shown up in the playoffs since then. We have players that quit on defense. One of our own players admitted that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, if he hits FA, 60M will be the floor. The only other thing besides injury that could throw a wrench in those plans is a Russel Wilson type season in Denver.
He won’t have a Russell Wilson type season in Denver unless this team lays an egg. The Cowboys are going to have to fail in a lot of areas for him to have that kind of season.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the nfl season is long lots of stuff can happen i dont think dak will ever win a super bowl where ever he goes after the team pays him the kindof money he wants going to be hard to put a team aound him that can win a championship

JBS

Reaction score
Sorry, but he didn’t have the kind of leverage he does now. The more leaves that have fallen the more leverage he’s been getting. Now it’s less than two weeks before the season opener and he has the Joneses backed into a tight corner. They could have worked out something a lot sooner, but they wanted the leaves to fall and now they have a dilemma. The QB they gave up a 4th round draft pick for that they were hoping could be his replacement is flaming out like he did in San Francisco. The Cowboys are walking a tight rope without a safety net not having a viable option at QB to turn to. Dak couldn’t be sitting any better than he is. He knows what lies ahead for him in free agency and we know what lies ahead of us if we can’t get him signed and he walks.
This makes absolutely no sense. He’s had all leverage forever. Safety net means nothing. You thought Lance was going to be leverage lolol. That’s a joke

There have been plenty of posters on here that have predicted this exact scenario playing out for years.

DMX690

Reaction score
The Dak haters don’t care what he’s going to do without the Cowboys. They just want him gone. The Cowboy fans that truly understand the situation the team is in, care greatly about what the Cowboys are going to do without Dak if they lose him to free agency. I couldn’t imagine losing him and only ending up with a compensatory pick. Then we’re stuck looking for another starting QB. The fans that are relishing the thought of that will be singing a much different tune if it ever comes to fruition.
True Cowboys fan understand Dak ain't the qb to lead this team to a championship. Just like most fan understood Jason Garrett wasn't going lead the Cowboys to an championship. Dak just like Garrett will leave when his contracts expires at the end of year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This makes absolutely no sense. He’s had all leverage forever. Safety net means nothing. You thought Lance was going to be leverage lolol. That’s a joke

There have been plenty of posters on here that have predicted this exact scenario playing out for years.
To say he had all the leverage four years ago makes no sense. There’s been a number of QBs sign huge contracts since his last one. By the way where did I say Lance was going to be leverage? The Joneses are the ones that were hoping for that. After Lance’s uninspiring preseason performances, it’s got even more dicey for the Joneses. They just kept waiting around for all these QBs to be extended and the price keeps going up. Tua and Jordan Love signed during training camp. No one on this board predicted years ago that Dak would playing out the final year of his contract. No one thought it would go this long.

JBS

Reaction score
To say he had all the leverage four years ago makes no sense. There’s been a number of QBs sign huge contracts since his last one. By the way where did I say Lance was going to be leverage? The Joneses are the ones that were hoping for that. After Lance’s uninspiring preseason performances, it’s got even more dicey for the Joneses. They just kept waiting around for all these QBs to be extended and the price keeps going up. Tua and Jordan Love signed during training camp. No one on this board predicted years ago that Dak would playing out the final year of his contract. No one thought it would go this long.
Bro the leverage is all in the language from the last contract and the structure of it. That hasn’t changed in 4 years

No trade
No franchise tag
Voided years etc

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bro the leverage is all in the language from the last contract and the structure of it. That hasn’t changed in 4 years

No trade
No franchise tag
Voided years etc
That’s still not close to the leverage he has now. The Joneses are on the clock. They waited too long and in less than two weeks the regular season will start. The pressure is really on the Joneses to get something done before the season opener or he may play out the season and test free agency. No team allows their franchise QB to go this long without being extended, especially when they don’t have a viable option to replace them with. If Dak gets off to a good start this season he’ll have even more leverage. Teams are going to be licking their chops for him to be become available in free agency. I’ll promise you the Raiders will jump on him quick.

StarLord

Reaction score
The Dak haters don’t care what he’s going to do without the Cowboys. They just want him gone. The Cowboy fans that truly understand the situation the team is in, care greatly about what the Cowboys are going to do without Dak if they lose him to free agency. I couldn’t imagine losing him and only ending up with a compensatory pick. Then we’re stuck looking for another starting QB. The fans that are relishing the thought of that will be singing a much different tune if it ever comes to fruition.
Maybe then, as a true fan, get mad at Dak for wanting infinite money and screwing the team? Like if you feel we must have him (we don't to lose playoff games), shouldn't you be irate Dak's being selfish?