Dak & Lamar Jackson

Praxit

Reaction score
..both are physical, strong and have good feet. Dak is more of a pocket passer and Lamar has faster wheels. Which allows for plays to become extended. Nonetheless Dak can still hold his own.

Last night, Dak played with no reference for having any wheels. Nothing, nada, zippo, ..not one bootleg keeper.

Fell right into Bellichicks plan, make Dak beat you. He lost.

...coaching plan or Dak doesn't like to pony-up?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is keeping the ball much because he's in the midst of a major contract negotiation. It sucks, but it makes sense.

Bill also in no way tried to 'make Dak beat him.' Zeke was running the ball effectively for most of the game. He took away Dak's favorite target for sure, but we destroyed too many critical drives with phantom penalties, drops, and miscues.

CWR

Reaction score
..both are physical, strong and have good feet. Dak is more of a pocket passer and Lamar has faster wheels. Which allows for plays to become extended. Nonetheless Dak can still hold his own.

Last night, Dak played with no reference for having any wheels. Nothing, nada, zippo, ..not one bootleg keeper.

Combination of all. Weather was the biggest factor imo. Dak didn't play well, but was noticeably better when he put the gloves on.

shabazz

Reaction score
Combination of all. Weather was the biggest factor imo. Dak didn't play well, but was noticeably better when he put the gloves on.

Yeah, he was able to pull his QBR up to 35.2........Lamar Jackson QBR vs New England was 88.8........Hallelujah Holla Back.

giphy.gif

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I love Dak, but right now, I'd take Jackson. He's a wildcard QB. He's not forcing himself to be something he isn't (AKA a pure pocket passer). Now Jackson is a better natural athlete than Dak, and Jackson also has a coach that will make adjustments and fit his QB's need, however, Dak has had opportunities to make better decisions.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Contract year, doesn't want to get hurt.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score

I Personally think it’s a business decision, to not run less chance of injury

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The fact that we run a read option without an option isn't helping us. I will say that it feels like we have been running more snaps with Dak under center. I wonder if that is intentional.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I Personally think it’s a business decision, to not run less chance of injury

Does he not realize he's hurting himself more than helping? A 6-5 record does not look good. A loss in the MVP race (though he more of a dark horse candidate anyways) does not look good. Not making game-winning decisions or big decisions is not a good look. I know injury is the end of all for contracts, but I don't know....

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The fact that we run a read option without an option isn't helping us. I will say that it feels like we have been running more snaps with Dak under center. I wonder if that is intentional.

He and the coaching staff are trying to transform him into a pure pocket passer, unfortunately. He's more like Russell Wilson but they're trying to make him more like a Brady or Goff :facepalm:.

tico

Reaction score

The reason Garrett needs be gone! Do you think Harbaugh said Jackson you need to fit my system? But Garrett does to Dak. Daks college stats are:
Passing 9376 yards 70TDs
Rushing 2521 yards 41TDs
Best season was pass 3449 & 27 TDs passing 986 & 14 TDs rushing.

AND WE DON'T play action this guy to his strengths! Also not mention he has gotten alot better as a Passer.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I thought it was obvious the running game would be counted on to win this game. But apparently, the Cowboys didn't include Dak in that running plan because not once did they even attempt to even give the appearance that Dak was a running option. It was just hand off to Zeke or Pollard or Dak was passing.