Dak & Lamar Jackson

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People really need to get over this. Dak Prescott, while an above average runner for a QB...is NOT a runner. He tried to take off yesterday and was immediately brought down when he crossed the LOS.

That is why Dallas gave Zeke 90 million and made the OL the highest paid in the NFL. Let Zeke run the ball. Dak throw the ball.

So why pay this average arm 30+ million?
His arm and pocket attributes do not warrant the above figure unless of course, we're playing a dog like the Giants.
Ahhhh I guess that's why even the worst GM in football still hasn't given him that long term franchise contract?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It was pouring out with gusty winds. Your going to tell me lamar jackson plays that much better in yesterdays conditions? There were some perfect passes by both quarterbacks that were dropped.

Fyi on that last drive dak picked up the first down only to have it called back by a BS penalty.... then he threw a dart that cooper catches if its not pouring.

CB61

Reaction score
..both are physical, strong and have good feet. Dak is more of a pocket passer and Lamar has faster wheels. Which allows for plays to become extended. Nonetheless Dak can still hold his own.

Last night, Dak played with no reference for having any wheels. Nothing, nada, zippo, ..not one bootleg keeper.

Fell right into Bellichicks plan, make Dak beat you. He lost.

...coaching plan or Dak doesn't like to pony-up?
No doubt and that's why I to me the jury is still out on him and because of this decision making unless the coaching is telling him to stay put? And you're right he doesn't have the wheels that Lamar Jackson does but that doesn't mean you can't take off and run or bootleg him to at least give him options just doesn't make sense

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The best games we play...start to finish..are when we come out with some urgency and move Dak around...whether it is option, rolling him out, etc. I'd say he throws better on the run too. I'm not asking to put him in harms way but if this team is ever going to "out advantage" teams it should be using the read option more and going outside more. Dak has some heft, it's not like he has ever been an injury risk.

CB61

Reaction score
..both are physical, strong and have good feet. Dak is more of a pocket passer and Lamar has faster wheels. Which allows for plays to become extended. Nonetheless Dak can still hold his own.

Last night, Dak played with no reference for having any wheels. Nothing, nada, zippo, ..not one bootleg keeper.

We should have done exactly that in the Minnesota game instead of giving it to Elliot twice roll him out he would have had options the game might have been different

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I love me some Dak,, and I pay that man all day yesterday..
But if we are talking any team having that playmaker that can beat the Patriots when they go to the SB,, then itsthe Ravens knocking NE out of the AFC championship game,,
Lamar Jackson is the type of elite QB that can defeat Bills brain...
Lamar Jackson you can not out coach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think people overrate his wheels. Lamar Jackson has wheels. Dak is capable of getting a first down with his legs. When a team plays you man to man like the Patriots did we should’ve saw more of his legs. If he’s not a scrambler.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Past

"No way Jerry Jones will give Tony Romo a huge contract. Romo is not a franchise quarterback. omg. Romo's contract is WHAT???"

The Present

"Dak Prescott is not worth a top tier contract. Jerry Jones must be cray cray to pay Prescott top dollar."

The Future

source.gif

Never changing moral of the story: Some people cannot comprehend how Jerry Jones thinks (even with past examples) so their brains eventually explode.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He and the coaching staff are trying to transform him into a pure pocket passer, unfortunately. He's more like Russell Wilson but they're trying to make him more like a Brady or Goff :facepalm:.
He is nothing like Wilson and much more like Brady and Goff.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen a number of Lamar Jackson comparisons the last couple of weeks. Folks, Dak isn't close to the same as Jackson. Dak's a QB with some running ability, and Jackson is a highly gifted runner with some throwing ability.

aikemirv

Reaction score
People really need to get over this. Dak Prescott, while an above average runner for a QB...is NOT a runner. He tried to take off yesterday and was immediately brought down when he crossed the LOS.

That is why Dallas gave Zeke 90 million and made the OL the highest paid in the NFL. Let Zeke run the ball. Dak throw the ball.

They don't get it, I don't know why. He is not a running QB. He does not have any moves or escapability.
Dak is a slow twitch guy, not a quick twitch like Lamar or Ruseell Wilson. He has lead feet getting out of the pocket too. Dak's best bet to run is on a Read option when the D is focused on Zeke. His best option in the pocket is up and out not back and around. He does not have the speed to beat anybody. Case in point, yesterday on 3rd and 7 from the 10. He did not have a chance beating the D-lineman!

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He is nothing like Wilson and much more like Brady and Goff.

This...is a joke right? Dak isn’t a pocket passer. He CAN pass from the pocket, but he throws so much better on the run. He leads his receivers and can get extra yards when he needs to. Like WILSON. He has the same build as Russ Wilson as well (linebacker build that makes it hard for defenders to tackle them down). I don’t see Brady or Goff do this often. I see Dak do it almost every game. He’s nothing like Brady besides his wins stats and demeanor.

aikemirv

Reaction score
This...is a joke right? Dak isn’t a pocket passer. He CAN pass from the pocket, but he throws so much better on the run. He leads his receivers and can get extra yards when he needs to. Like WILSON. He has the same build as Russ Wilson as well (linebacker build that makes it hard for defenders to tackle them down). I don’t see Brady or Goff do this often. I see Dak do it almost every game. He’s nothing like Brady besides his wins stats and demeanor.
He is a pocket passer - what in the world have you been watching all year?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
excuses:
the offensive line doesn't hold the defenders for 5 seconds
Zeke got fat
Garrett sucks
jerry sucks
wide receivers suck
NFL refs don't like us
weather doesn't like us
it's everybody's fault but dak.

this crap never ends.

can't beat a team with a winning record. Brady with half as many weapons just wins. How's that QBR last night.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
excuses:
Zeke got fat
Garrett sucks
jerry sucks
wide receivers suck
NFL refs don't like us
weather doesn't like us

this crap never ends.

can't beat a team with a winning record. Brady with half as many weapons just wins. How's that QBR last night.
Stick to your Choker.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
excuses:
Zeke got fat
Garrett sucks
jerry sucks
wide receivers suck
NFL refs don't like us
weather doesn't like us

this crap never ends.

Yeah, Dak sucks because he doesn't win as much as Brady. Geez, how many QB's does that apply to? All of them? lol