Dak & Lamar Jackson

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Remember when everyone thought Mike Vick could walk on water?

Didn't last long either.

I mean, Jackson could probably do some damage in the short term. But once the body starts breaking down and the threat of the run goes away, the game becomes a lot harder. Look at Cam Newton once his body started to break down - the difference is that Cam is built differently than Jackson and Vick, so his body held up longer.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
..both are physical, strong and have good feet. Dak is more of a pocket passer and Lamar has faster wheels. Which allows for plays to become extended. Nonetheless Dak can still hold his own.

Last night, Dak played with no reference for having any wheels. Nothing, nada, zippo, ..not one bootleg keeper.

Fell right into Bellichicks plan, make Dak beat you. He lost.

...coaching plan or Dak doesn't like to pony-up?
What are you talking about? Dak rushed with the football 1 time for a 4 yard game. Did you notice how bad the weather and field was? Would you have preferred to see Dak get injured just to appease your desire for him to rush more with the football?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Dak rushed with the football 1 time for a 4 yard game. Did you notice how bad the weather and field was? Would you have preferred to see Dak get injured just to appease your desire for him to rush more with the football?

It's not just this game though. In every game, I believe he's had an opportunity to run the ball for a gain, but he hesitates to do so. His first 3 games this season he was amazing and did a lot of running, actually, but it has fallen off significantly. I think something went wrong for him in the Saints/Jets game (somewhere in that time frame). Back in 2017, after the Falcons game, Dak began to panic a lot and felt a lot of phantom pressure. I think this is the same situation now except with running instead of pressure in the pocket.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not just this game though. In every game, I believe he's had an opportunity to run the ball for a gain, but he hesitates to do so. His first 3 games this season he was amazing and did a lot of running, actually, but it has fallen off significantly. I think something went wrong for him in the Saints/Jets game (somewhere in that time frame). Back in 2017, after the Falcons game, Dak began to panic a lot and felt a lot of phantom pressure. I think this is the same situation now except with running instead of pressure in the pocket.
What??? Dak ran 6 times for 18 yards last week against the Lions. Against the Giants 2 weeks before that, Dak rushed 3 times for 12 yards. 2 weeks before that, Dak rushed 5 times for 30 yards. You guys are simply making stuff up to appease your upset feelings from yesterday. Y'all need to stop demanding Dak be another Lamar Jackson. If you guys prefer Lamar Jackson, follow that team instead. :facepalm:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
What??? Dak ran 6 times for 18 yards last week against the Lions. Against the Giants 2 weeks before that, Dak rushed 3 times for 12 yards. 2 weeks before that, Dak rushed 5 times for 30 yards. You guys are simply making stuff up to appease your upset feelings from yesterday. Y'all need to stop demanding Dak be another Lamar Jackson. If you guys prefer Lamar Jackson, follow that team instead. :facepalm:

I never wanted him to be like Lamar. I said it myself that he isn't Lamar and won't be the freakish athlete he is. But he CAN be like Russell Wilson. He's the closest QB in the league to Dak IMO. Dak is a Wilson Lite. Wilson runs and rushes a lot more, and we could use Dak like they use him, but they DON'T. Maybe it's because Wilson just got paid, but Dak or the coaching don't run him to his full potential.

Proof

Reaction score
He and the coaching staff are trying to transform him into a pure pocket passer, unfortunately. He's more like Russell Wilson but they're trying to make him more like a Brady or Goff :facepalm:.

If Dak were simply trying to protect the investment, he'd have signed already. There's zero chance that's the issue.

And how does losing the MVP look bad lol

khiladi

Reaction score
Lamar looks effortless when he’s on the move. He launches it without a significant wind up. They also use him intentionally as a RB.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
..both are physical, strong and have good feet. Dak is more of a pocket passer and Lamar has faster wheels. Which allows for plays to become extended. Nonetheless Dak can still hold his own.

Last night, Dak played with no reference for having any wheels. Nothing, nada, zippo, ..not one bootleg keeper.

Fell right into Bellichicks plan, make Dak beat you. He lost.

...coaching plan or Dak doesn't like to pony-up?

People really need to get over this. Dak Prescott, while an above average runner for a QB...is NOT a runner. He tried to take off yesterday and was immediately brought down when he crossed the LOS.

That is why Dallas gave Zeke 90 million and made the OL the highest paid in the NFL. Let Zeke run the ball. Dak throw the ball.

DC4L_0420

Reaction score
Mike Vick mentioned earlier on Skip and Shannon that Dak should've ran more, even if it wasn't a design run if the defenders turn they back, and you recognize man coverage, use your god gifted abilities. Which Lamar does at least.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You don't like Jackson either? Shocking!!

This is going to really blow your mind: I really like Wilson and Mahomes

So there goes the narrative you're too cowardly to not be vague about. Hit me a DM, boy. Try making your claim there if you can't and I'll go ahead and screen shot and share it to everyone here. Maybe a mod would like to take a little look at it.