Twitter: Dak leaves practice with arm soreness

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think you should read that again and look at the context. I wasn't even referring you as the one getting schooled. You were the one coming to the defense of the one getting schooled, ya know, that's why I posted that reply to your comment trying to defend the other posters nonexistent point.

Talk about something going over somebodies head.... yikes.
spin away my friend. I am giving you reasons to Tr*** away and do you dak-bashing......just roping you along....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I looked it up...there are retired players and active player on the list...up to this point in his career he is ranked 5th all time....it could go down. it could go up. it remains to be seen. but the inaccurate comment doesn't make sense..

I know, its a hard concept to grab for a dak-basher with a pre-determined agenda.

NFL Pass Completion % Career Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

You can do the childish thing and name call in the form of calling me a Dak-basher, which apparently you failed to read CouchCoach's demand that kind of stuff be knocked off, but my point was Dak only has played 69 career games so to brag by saying he is the 5th best all-time at anything is pointless. By that account, and using your very own list of NFL Career Passing Percentage Leaders, here are some names and rankings:

#1 Deshaun Watson
#4 Teddy Bridgewater
#5 Chad Pennington (tied with Dak and Mahomes)
#10 Tony Romo (tied with Peyton Manning)
#18 Matt Schaub
#19 Mitchell Trubisky
#22 Jared Goff
#25 Marcus Mariotta

So you can try and post "5th All-Time" all you want in an effort to support Dak and that is your right but try and look at the big picture and you can see that your stat is rather meaningless as apparently Teddy Bridgewater and Chad Pennington are better QB's than Dak with Matt Schaub not that far behind......see how skewed that stat really is?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
spin away my friend. I am giving you reasons to Tr*** away and do you dak-bashing......just roping you along....
You're making no sense. You implied that something was about you that wasn't (which I assume you have figured out by now because you ignored it all and went back to the tired "spin away" stuff) but you just can't admit that you misread it.

It's cool though. We both know ya did. That's all that matters anyways.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Hey. I heard here from a certain @MountaineerCowboy Dak isnt a leader. Even though, HOF players have said they would run thru a wall for the guy. So that goes both ways.

That is why I ignore the whole leadership debate as it is a biased characteristic determined by various individuals of different thinking for leadership is not narrowly defined or attributed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You can do the childish thing and name call in the form of calling me a Dak-basher, which apparently you failed to read CouchCoach's demand that kind of stuff be knocked off, but my point was Dak only has played 69 career games so to brag by saying he is the 5th best all-time at anything is pointless. By that account, and using your very own list of NFL Career Passing Percentage Leaders, here are some names and rankings:

#1 Deshaun Watson
#4 Teddy Bridgewater
#18 Matt Schaub
#19 Mitchell Trubisky
#22 Jared Goff
#25 Marcus Mariotta

So you can try and post "5th All-Time" all you want in an effort to support Dak and that is your right but try and look at the big picture and you can see that your stat is rather meaningless as apparently Teddy Bridgewater and Chad Pennington are better QB's than Dak with Matt Schaub not that far behind......see how skewed that stat really is?
Trubisky and Brady are tied for 19th also lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sorry but that is an incredible biased statement against Cousins as nothing you say is accurate in the least and it's only because of the Dak comparison that you are making such statements.

Vernon Davis in 2017 about Kirk Cousins:

"So here’s veteran tight end Vernon Davis, rhapsodizing about the merits of Cousins during a Monday appearance on ESPN 980.

“He’s a young guy in the league, and I think sometimes we forget about that, that he’s only been a starter for two years,” Davis said. “And with that being said, he’s doing all the right things. He’s doing all the right things. Guys in the locker room love him. They think he’s spectacular. I do, as well, because of what he does. He minimizes himself in the locker room; in practice and in games he stands out like a sore thumb.

“And that’s what great quarterbacks do. That’s what they do. I watch those things, and he’s putting his teammates first. He’s putting his teammates first. So that’s first and foremost. He’s growing, he’s evolving, so I’m excited about his career and excited about his future. I think he’s going to be a wonderful quarterback in this league.”

Dede Westbrook yesterday about Kirk Cousins:

"Soon after he signed with the Minnesota Vikings last weekend, Dede Westbrook looked at his phone and got a surprise. The wide receiver had received a text message from quarterback Kirk Cousins, welcoming him to the team.

“I thought it was crazy because obviously Kirk has been in the league for a while. I’ve been watching him for a minute now,’’ Westbrook said after Wednesday’s first practice of training camp. “Obviously, for me to get that text message saying, ‘Hey, it’s Kirk Cousins,’ he’s excited to work with me, my heart kind of dropped. I’m excited to be out there with him too, building that chemistry.”

So while of course you will have players loving their QB and some saying they couldn't stand them, to make a blanket statement saying his teammates don't like him and he lacks leadership is just wrong.
like I said, he wasn't well liked. he threw his teammates under the bus often after losses with snide remarks, trying to say he needs to do better, but often pointed fingers at his teammates mistakes. he is more like dalton as he tends to shrink in big moments. not as bad as Dalton who is probably all time shrinker list, but cousins is not too far behind.

Another National Media Member Is Saying Kirk Cousins Isn’t Well Liked – CBS DC (cbslocal.com)

Locker room grumbling begins regarding Kirk Cousins - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"Out of an abundance of caution" is just the kind of phrase that sets off a lot of people's spidey senses. We've been lied to too much in the past to always believe such an ambiguous cliche. The Cowboys don't break camp in Oxnard until 12 Aug. If it's so minor of an injury then the sooner we see him throwing a ball again the better. It shouldn't be something that ends his training camp in Oxnard. These are the things we need to be looking out for. If we don't see him throwing the ball again in Oxnard, IMO the injury is more serious than we are presently being told.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
like I said, he wasn't well liked. he threw his teammates under the bus often after losses with snide remarks, trying to say he needs to do better, but often pointed fingers at his teammates mistakes. he is more like dalton as he tends to shrink in big moments. not as bad as Dalton who is probably all time shrinker list, but cousins is not too far behind.

Another National Media Member Is Saying Kirk Cousins Isn’t Well Liked – CBS DC (cbslocal.com)

Locker room grumbling begins regarding Kirk Cousins - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Interesting how you claim others have an agenda and yet on a Dallas site you are besmirching the starting QB for the Vikings.....simply because another member compared Dak to Cousins,....so you need to try and belittle Cousins all in the name of elevating Dak? Okay, enjoy yourself with that approach. PS...your links date back to 2016 and 2017 yet you ignore the positive posts about Cousins?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Link me me the direct quoteS of the HOF playerS saying they would "run through a wall for Dak".

I'm curious to see this.
Zack Martin, Jason Witten to name a few have said Dak is an outstanding leader and someone they would go to war with any day. I am not googling quotes for you. Unless you want to say Witten and Martin dont know what they are talking about next.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Interesting how you claim others have an agenda and yet on a Dallas site you are besmirching the starting QB for the Vikings.....simply because another member compared Dak to Cousins,....so you need to try and belittle Cousins all in the name of elevating Dak? Okay, enjoy yourself with that approach. PS...your links date back to 2016 and 2017 yet you ignore the positive posts about Cousins?
I think Cousins and Dak are very comparable. However I think Prescott brings more to the table when it comes to big games. If coach Jerry doesnt get involved and force the ball to elliott in that game against Minny a couple years back we win that game. That was probably one of Dak's best performances as well. Too bad Jerry had to come out and force the ball to Elliott via Garrett lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

#1 Deshaun Watson
#4 Teddy Bridgewater
#18 Matt Schaub
#19 Mitchell Trubisky
#22 Jared Goff
#25 Marcus Mariotta

its not a brag....its a pure fact.... a direct response to someone who said he is in accurate. compared to other QBs active and not active..... if you read my other response you would have/should have understood that I clearly mentioned, he is not done with his career, that number may go up or may go down, but at this point as you said 69 career games he is 5th all time..I know you have an agenda to drive.so the inaccurate statement is totally wrong.....up to this point in his career. I can't predict the future. I go with what we have today.

and I am not supporting/bragging or anything. I used a factual statement, for a very specific statement to prove the poster 100% incorrect..

given you have an agenda to drive, you are spinning this into a brag or whatever else you have in mind.

so is Dak in accurate given he is 66% completion rate and relatively high compared to all other QBs? yes or no?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're making no sense. You implied that something was about you that wasn't (which I assume you have figured out by now because you ignored it all and went back to the tired "spin away" stuff) but you just can't admit that you misread it.

It's cool though. We both know ya did. That's all that matters anyways.
you must be loving this thread. you get to post away non-sense to your hearts desire...enjoy...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
that wasn't an insult. you are reaching. it was a question.....simple yes or no would suffice..
It was an insult disguised as a question. You're not fooling anyone.

That's how you and your buds do things. You can't debate things without getting overly emotional and insulting the other person.