Dak led league in "tight window throws" and why this led to league high interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
Not bad decision making if you're used to making such non-looking throws for years with that same WR. The problem was Gallup was still not fully recovered from a torn ACL, thus it hampered his route running, cutting, separation and comeback abilities like it did on that play. Cowboys were in a bind having no choice but to play Gallup because our backups plain sucked. The blame falls squarely on our front office.
That interception on the pass to Gallup had nothing to do with the route. Dak just threw an awful pass. He had no business throwing it to him. To try and make any excuse is just silly.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score

How is throwing it into “tight windows” calculated? If a receiver has a three yard separation, and Dak is late on the throw the defender has time to close that gap. Doesn’t that get taken into account? It’s been known since Dak came into the league that he doesn’t throw timing routes well. He generally waits until he sees a receiver is open, then tries to get him the ball. Makes me wonder if that tight window stat tells the whole picture.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
How is throwing it into “tight windows” calculated? If a receiver has a three yard separation, and Dak is late on the throw the defender has time to close that gap. Doesn’t that get taken into account? It’s been known since Dak came into the league that he doesn’t throw timing routes well. He generally waits until he sees a receiver is open, then tries to get him the ball. Makes me wonder if that tight window stat tells the whole picture.
f75e33adcdf765a2b31e959781607af5.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The reason I blame Dak for the loss to SF in the playoffs was his 2 INT's were in fact a game changer and he only led the offense to 12 points in a game where the Dallas defense shut down SF and held them to 1 TD and 6 points came off of turnovers.
well I didn't see that I had my horse head on backward.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Enough with the blame and excuses.I’ve never heard any fan base have more excuses for 1 player than Dak.Whoever is calling plays,things won’t change.You can’t call the perfect play every time.Sometimes the QB just has to be able to make a play when things around you aren’t perfect.Dak just doesn’t seem to have those capabilities.
I never disagreed with that. I just epeated what maccarthy said. you read it as an excuse. but its a fact. you have issue with that, why don't you email McCarthy. btw, my response was in regards to McCarthy and Moore not being on the same page. you got your short tied up in a knot because Dak lives in your head rent free. if I say D, you go on a Dak Rant. because I typed a word that has A in it, you thought of dAk and you go on a Dak rant....if I say OK, it has K in it, you think daK and you go on a rant.

give it a break dude. its not all about Dak. but I get it. if not for dak, you have nothing else to talk about.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I never disagreed with that. I just epeated what maccarthy said. you read it as an excuse. but its a fact. you have issue with that, why don't you email McCarthy. btw, my response was in regards to McCarthy and Moore not being on the same page. you got your short tied up in a knot because Dak lives in your head rent free. if I say D, you go on a Dak Rant. because I typed a word that has A in it, you thought of dAk and you go on a Dak rant....if I say OK, it has K in it, you think daK and you go on a rant.

give it a break dude. its not all about Dak. but I get it. if not for dak, you have nothing else to talk about.
Just a general statement not necessarily aimed at you.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
The interesting thing about this upcoming season is that Kellen Moore and Noah Brown are gone; According to the "Dak Apologists" those two men are the main reason for Dak's league leading turnovers last season. Now we will find out how valid their theory is.. One thing is certain though, when you play the "blame game" eventually you run out of people to blame.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Look at that route from Gallup…

No separation at all. Extremely tight-window to throw

Off throw by Dak to Gallup deep, but look in the backfield. Tyron Smith was pushed at Right Tackle all the way back right into Dak's face before Dak threw the ball. That would affect any QB to throw "off" of his target.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here. Just highlights from this past season alone. Lots of passes here showing Dak throwing receivers open, in stride, back shoulder throws, timing routes, tight windows, wide open, etc. Pretty much dispels all of the bunk you are spewing.

75boyz

Reaction score
Those interception on Gallup’s comeback routes were not tight windows. Just bad decision making
Trust me. It ALL boils down to bad decision making.

McCarthy will end up sending Moore a formal apology.

It's not the play call or lack of team support.

It's the inability of the QB to see the entire field and process his reads at NFL game speed.

It has nothing to do with anything else. He lacks grasping to live another down because he doesn't know what he's seeing in real time and makes errant decisions.

It's not gonna change with a new play caller. Those same bad decisions will be made.

Cowboy QB purgatory is real and this team is stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.