Dak led league in "tight window throws" and why this led to league high interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
LMAO go watch the real last drive of the niners game where he threw a pick 6 to the lber but it was dropped. LOL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stats = facts
Feelings = not facts

Here is your statement: "Cowboys receivers who have gone to go play for other teams, these ex-Cowboys had their best career receiving single season under Dak"

You listed Beasley as an example and you were wrong based on your statement.
I said, "Ok".

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Let me ask you this. Suppose Dak were to have led the team to 35 points and a 24-14 lead in that same exact scenario, but he had a fumble that started the shift in momentum that led to the Cowboy losing the Super Bowl. Would you say that the fumble cost the Cowboys the game?
Well first off the fumble return for a TD tied the game 14-14 and Hurts then led Philly to a 24-14 halftime lead immediately after so your scenario description of a shift change is inaccurate.
That said if Dak had the exact same scenario take place and the Dallas defense performed the exact same way then yes, the Dallas defense should be blamed just like the Philly defense should be blamed.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Let me ask you this. Suppose Dak were to have led the team to 35 points and a 24-14 lead in that same exact scenario, but he had a fumble that started the shift in momentum that led to the Cowboy losing the Super Bowl. Would you say that the fumble cost the Cowboys the game?
Hurts' rating was 103 in the SB, and the Eagles did score 21 points after the fumble....that defeat wasnt Hurts fault/responsibility, just came up against an elite QB. Dak on the other hand somewhat fell apart vrs 9ers.....after Pollards injury. Not only by stats, but he looked rattled. When he's part of a team (or things are going well) he's excellent, however, he's susceptible to compound failure when asked to be the man imo.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How did Hurts, who led the Eagles to 35 points and a 24-14 halftime lead, cost them the game?
If Dak led the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and had the season and Super Bowl game Hurts had we'd have fans on here right now trying to tell us he's better than Mahomes. Heck, we have junk like that anyways.

Instead, because it's not Dak and it's Hurts instead, we have fans trying to downplay Hurts season.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Did Dak take more chances, or did he HAVE to take more chances since guys like Noah Brown and Gallup couldn't get separation?

Just some food for thought.
I recognized this all year. That’s not even including the picks that just bounced off receivers hands.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I can't be the only one here that is getting a good laugh at how all the stats guys, who condemned the eye test guys, are now leaning HARD on their eye tests to refute the stats.

lolololol

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not bad decision making if you're used to making such non-looking throws for years with that same WR. The problem was Gallup was still not fully recovered from a torn ACL, thus it hampered his route running, cutting, separation and comeback abilities like it did on that play. Cowboys were in a bind having no choice but to play Gallup because our backups plain sucked. The blame falls squarely on our front office.
Here's an example of what I was talking about in a different thread...on Pollard. Our execs are just terrible at managing injuries. From Romo to playing zeke to expecting Gallup to bounce right back and fill all the gaps after CeeDee.

I expect that Tony will be okay.....I expect Dallas to flub it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak has a limited skill set. No back shoulder touch pass and the worst deep ball I’ve ever seen
I agree 2 some extent. Daks deep ball is highly suspect. He routinely overthrows guys. His rookie year as great as he was, the same thing was still true then. But Linehan managed him well and didnt ask him to hit the deep pass that much. Yes he is limited but hey...he is still better than many QB's in this league. We can win with him. That said, there is nuthin wrong at all being proactive and drafting another QB...a serious QB that we can get ready for the future. Many branch Dakvidians I call them, just refuse to want to have this debate and convo. Its weird and borderline cult-like. ALL the great teams have drafted QB's when they had a proven starter. Case and point, The Bill Walsh led Niners. They already had Montana and had won SB's with him, and guess what, they drafted Steve Young in 86-87 I think. I may be wrong on the exact year. But even the great Bill Walsh knew that in this league never ever put all your eggs in the basket of 1 guy because all it takes is 1 injury and the franchise is set back. They never really missed a beat because of this strategy. Green Bay did this, heck, even Pittsburg is trying. Eagles more recently even tho they had Wentz under a huge $ deal, they went ahead and drafted Hurts. Yeah they are dart throws, but sometimes u can hit on them. We better do the same. When Romo was here, we actually did that when we drafted Dak. Turns out to be a great idea. Now we find ourselves in this dilemma again. Time to draft a QB like Herndon, Duggan or Clayton Tune. Lets get a dude ready. There isnt anything wrong being proactive. Loyalty to 1 player can be to the detriment of the team and winning. Treat it as a business, because it is.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well first off the fumble return for a TD tied the game 14-14 and Hurts then led Philly to a 24-14 halftime lead immediately after so your scenario description of a shift change is inaccurate.
That said if Dak had the exact same scenario take place and the Dallas defense performed the exact same way then yes, the Dallas defense should be blamed just like the Philly defense should be blamed.
Fair enough, because a lot of people on here would still blame Dak. So, I was just trying to hold Hurts to the same standard that Dak is held to on here.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Fair enough, because a lot of people on here would still blame Dak. So, I was just trying to hold Hurts to the same standard that Dak is held to on here.
Let's not pretend that if Dak had the season Hurts had last year and the Super Bowl game Hurts had that some wouldn't be pretending he was better than Mahomes right now.

It works both ways, ya know?

pitt33

Reaction score
If i was a Dak homer, id be laying low and praying and hoping he bounces back this season. None of us have forgotten how awful he was against San Fran.
And these people that tout him should be prepared for the same result from Prescott if they get in the playoffs.

As if the picks in that divisional round game weren’t bad enough, the more convincing thing to many was the 3 and out with 3 minutes to go.

That’s just piss poor.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And these people that tout him should be prepared for the same result from Prescott if they get in the playoffs.

As if the picks in that divisional round game weren’t bad enough, the more convincing thing to many was the 3 and out with 3 minutes to go.

That’s just piss poor.
I wish he would've thrown that pick 6 that was dropped and got tackled for that safety too against San Fran.

Just to make it look worse.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Some of those picks were borderline "point shaving", like how the hell do you hit a defender in the chest plate with the ball and he runs it back for a pick six but it gets called back for a penalty and the very next play your throw it again right into the dude's chest plate for yet another pick six, but this one actually counts:huh:

Obviously I am referencing the Washington game.................Dak played so bad that game, literally throwing the ball straight to defenders, that it almost looks like it was on purpose.
I've never seen a QB do that in 50 years of watching NFL football.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The reason I blame Dak for the loss to SF in the playoffs was his 2 INT's were in fact a game changer and he only led the offense to 12 points in a game where the Dallas defense shut down SF and held them to 1 TD and 6 points came off of turnovers.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
And still nobody talks about the inexcusable almost-safety at the end of the 49ers game where I swear it looked like he wanted to take a sack. His lack of awareness at times is staggering.

mardwin

Reaction score
while that stat with the tight windows is true, KM didnt change anything to help Dak much. Thats where I think KM was bad...he just never did adjust the plays to help Dak get the ball to the guys.
That's a valid point, KM didn't do enough to adjust his playcalling. However, his game plan wasn't bad the execution was. Sometimes you have to change the driver if the machine is not the issue.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You can say whatever you want but the Dak I see today does not fill me with the same confidence as the Dak I saw in 2016. Guys who rely on their physical tools their entire careers do not suddenly become a young Payton Manning but they do suddenly become an aging Drew Bledsoe.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You can say whatever you want but the Dak I see today does not fill me with the same confidence as the Dak I saw in 2016. Guys who rely on their physical tools their entire careers do not suddenly become a young Payton Manning but they do suddenly become an aging Drew Bledsoe.
There have been a few players over the years where the light seemed to come on late in their careers; Rich Gannon for one.

But that is only one case in THOUSANDS.

Especially after last year I see NO hint that Dak will ever be more than he was before last year

Status
Not open for further replies.