Dak, like Romo, is a garbage stat QB

Nexx

Reaction score
are you blind its on record that were players that took issue with the Romo, Witten and Garrett bonds and how the players felt they had a different set of rules. You go look the stuff up youre not stupid. These players love dak even if some of the fans dont

I don’t care how much a player is loved by other players. That has almost no correlation to winning. You think Brady or Rogers is loved by fellow teammates
Yeah....kind of kills the choker part, for that game.

Actually ended up having the game-winning drive after all of that chaos.

One of the best things about him is that is was so rare that he would have more than one bad outing in a row. I'm sure it might have happened, but it was very rare. And never a streak of 3-4 bad ones. Always rebounded

Old news though

correct, he wouldnt all sudden forgot how to quarterback for half the season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cowboys Nation should be happy that Dallas was able to go from Romo to Dak because that gap from Aikman to Romo…..

khiladi

Reaction score
When Jerry Jones finally banished Garrett from play calling, he in fact stated one of the reasons is because of the lack of running the ball by the offense, even when the coach professed the need too. He also stated at the same time, Romo would be granted more power in the game planning as well. And that’s when 2014 MVP Romo happened.

In fact, this idea Garrett was just a lame-duck is completely asinine, because Jerry Jones was actually looking outside to hire an OC, but they went with Callahan, who Garrett interfered with anyways. This ultimately led to the compromise with Linehan, though we supposedly could have gotten Whisenhunt.

So Jones loyalty tk Garrett even when he realizes the problem screwed this franchise over in so many ways, including the ultimate back-stabbing of To y Romo for this mediocre QB.

But the ultimate decision to let the man with the title of offensive coordinator fully coordinate the offense wasn’t as automatic and natural as it would seem when Jones gave the reins to Bill Callahan.

As we’d heard throughout the process, the Cowboys were looking beyond the building — and Garrett wasn’t happy about that. The external candidates included, among others, former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...es-apparent-compromise-between-jones-garrett/[/quote]

Swagger

Reaction score
This is unbelievable.. I remember when we had to create a whole new 'Zone' to discuss the QB because the Dakstans had convinced themselves he was better than our potential HOF proven A grade QB.. and the arguments are the same.. the result is the same.. I could go back and bring up the same posts that predicted this EXACT future. Dak has NEVER been the answer. Dak was NEVER as good as Romo.

We cost ourselves a chance at a SB when we kept Romo benched for this fraud bus driving QB.

Romo could throw some picks.. he was a gunslinger.. you are what your are! I'd prefer a gunslinger than the current limp wristed, noodle arm idiot we have behind centre. Newsflash.. some of those picks from Romo were when he was chasing yet another win in a 'shoot out' caused by the fact that we had historically BAD defences.. Romo never benefitted from the defence getting 6 turnovers a game.. no.. he got stuck in 40+ point shoot outs.. and then gets blamed when, often on the run and desperate, he tossed up passes looking for miracles.

I would have had Romo come in the MINUTE he was healthy and I said that then and i"ve said it every day since. Dak isn't fit to be in the same discussions as Romo. Dak was handed a finely tuned race car.. finely tuned BY Romo.. and Dak kept it on the track.. fark how I'd love to turn back time and avoid that PS injury to Romo.. I think, TB style, he'd probably still be playing and loving this team around him.

Watching Romo engineer a drive was glorious.. now we just sit and pray Dak doesn't screw the pooch. We don't expect greatness from our current QB.. we just hope he doesn't play like complete trash. Oh and Dak got us to 11-5 right? Ummm no.. our defence got us to 11-5..

Romo was chronically underrated by some and the single biggest mistake this organisation has made was leaving him on the bench for Dak. I hope Jerry Jones rolls over with nightmares every.single.night at the thought of what he let happen.

I could put tape up of Dak regularly missing wide open receivers 6 yards in front of him.. WIDE OPEN and from a clean pocket... no way you find that on Romo. Romo was NOT perfect.. but he was a damn good QB and we flushed him down the toilet because of jersey sales.
"Limp wristed, noodle arm" = Dak Prescott. So true. It is painful watching him play. He looks so awkward and unnatural. As previously mentioned, he looks like an average linebacker trying to play QB.

A sensational post. Good grief it really hit home how much of a mistake it was to not bring Romo back for the 2016 post season.

The defense has carried Dak Tebow Bortles Prescott this season.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Dak seems to be similar to Romo in being a QB who puts up good stats and wins against average teams and also puts up good stats against good teams but it seems to be late game catchup stats which ultimately come up short after falling behind early.
Romo wasn't a garbage stat QB like your boy Dak. At least with Romo you had a chance to win at the end. With Dak theres times he can't even get past mid field in the 4th quarter.

Swagger

Reaction score
Plus the painful irony that since Romo stopped playing QBs can't be touched by defenders unless they want to risk giving up 15 yards for a gentle push

khiladi

Reaction score
Plus the painful irony that since Romo stopped playing QBs can't be touched by defenders unless they want to risk giving up 15 yards for a gentle push

I know this is anecdote, but I remember Romo constantly at the receiving end of late hits with no whistle. He was like the least protected QB in the league.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Romo and Dak are about the same QB. Both are over-achieving Rudys. Both need the team to play pretty perfect to win big games. Both can pad stats to make them appear better on paper than they are.
both are average.

Just grab a #1 like Joe Burrow and start winning

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Why not enjoy the good parts bruh? Did you fall asleep late in these games? I know...this hurts. But it's for your own good!
maxresdefault.jpg

That's nice. He gave Cowboys fans a lot of exciting moments - I'm not denying that. He also gave us a lot of dreadful moments. Ultimately, he won nothing of significance.

dfense

Reaction score
He kept Garrett in Dallas well past his expiration date. We got to see just how good Romo could be in 2014 with a tremendous ground game. His attempts per game dropped from 40.5 (2012) to 29 and he beat out Rodgers that year (2014) in passer rating (113 to 112). I do think that he didn't start coming into his own until after the 2009 season.

Romo wasn't as risk averse as Prescott is, which to Dak's credit helps him to limit turnovers...but it also means that he won't press the ball downfield like Romo did. I keep going back to that 3rd and 20 on the road against Seattle in 2014...the Legion of Boom era. 20 - 23 Seattle with just 4:55 remaining. Romo improvises, evades and twirls his way free to hit an extreme toe-dragging Terrence Williams two yards past the first down marker for the play that (in hindsight) sealed the win. The offense went on to score 7 (on a Murray TD run) and put the game away. One of Romo's best ever signature wins. Dallas spotted Seattle 10 points in that game but they never panicked.
Another great part of that game was Seattle had the player who tackled Romo when he botched the hold, raise the 12th man flag before the game. Then Romo punks them.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm not a Romo guy at all and was ready to move on from him when we did.

But Romo is a better QB than Dak.
I'm a huge Romo and Dak fan because....I like the Cowboys.

Dak is infinitely better than Tony was at the same point in their careers.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Revisionist history from the Romo fans. Rose colored glasses from the Dak fans. The critics probably being too hard.

Both were and are good quarterbacks. Both had some terrific games. Both could never win the big one and had a history of too little too late in trying to come back in critical late season or playoff games. The only difference is Dak is still writing his history and can change this.

dfense

Reaction score
CHOKEMO TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!
:lmao::laugh::lmao::laugh::lmao:

How about this historical CHOKER fact?

6 TURNOVERS IN ONE GAME!!!!

No one can beat that! :facepalm::muttley::banghead:

I was at that game in Buffalo.

You forgot to mention Romo came back and won that game. How convenient of you.

In a way, you are proving a point. Know any other QB who has 6 turnovers and wins?

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Revisionist history from the Romo fans. Rose colored glasses from the Dak fans. The critics probably being too hard.

Both were and are good quarterbacks. Both had some terrific games. Both could never win the big one and had a history of too little too late in trying to come back in critical late season or playoff games. The only difference is Dak is still writing his history and can change this.

Dak has also had a front office making smarter decisions. Jerry was a complete dumazz through the Romo years. Night and day difference!

uvaballa

Reaction score
Don't really care if they both were/are up and down during the regular season. If Daks plays well in the playoffs all will be forgiven. I am not sure that he will play great in the playoffs, but I felt the same way about Romo.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Yep those Dakstans never appreciate that Dak had Romo still guiding him and the team in that rookie year.. which still remains Daks 'best' year. How the fark can't they see that?! Your best year is your rookie year.. a year in which teams don't have tape on you.. you are handed a fully primed SB team.. you have the best young RB in the league this putting up 100+ per week without blinking.. one of the smartest QBs in the league in your ear telling you how to play and analysing the defence..

All Dak did (and you can go back and watch it) was hand off to Zeke until the D came up to stop it and then Dak would complete mid range passes that would then get a heap of YAC because of the 1 safety look to drive up his passing stats. It was simple and effective. It was actually perfect for the situation and I had no problem with it.

Then Romo should have come back in to week 12.. opened up the full play book and finished off the season with a deep play off run and possible SB.

Then I would be singing Daks praises.. he did a GREAT job in coverage.. we would have had this 'back up' on the bench.. our QB2 situation would be sorted.. it could have all been amazing.

Instead our FO was hoodwinked and coach was a buffoon.. who threw away an elite QB for a rookie.

I'm not surprised that Dak has never reached the heights of his rookie year again.. not one bit. Dak is the luckiest man in football bar none. A truly charmed NFL career.

Man. Pretty much my exact thoughts on your two posts and I’ve thought the same before. And I agree giving this team to Dak when Romo was healthy on the sideline was probably the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made. They had a primed team, a at the time top 5 QB and a backup for that QB. Was just a mind boggling decision and shows you how terrible our GM and coach truly were.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I was at that game in Buffalo.

You forgot to mention Romo came back and won that game. How convenient of you.

In a way, you are proving a point. Know any other QB who has 6 turnovers and wins?
You missed the point. Romo was such a gambler, he didn't possess the discipline needed to best use his talent to lead this team to a championship.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Dak seems to be similar to Romo in being a QB who puts up good stats and wins against average teams and also puts up good stats against good teams but it seems to be late game catchup stats which ultimately come up short after falling behind early.
Agree. they both choke in big games

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep those Dakstans never appreciate that Dak had Romo still guiding him and the team in that rookie year.. which still remains Daks 'best' year. How the fark can't they see that?! Your best year is your rookie year.. a year in which teams don't have tape on you.. you are handed a fully primed SB team.. you have the best young RB in the league this putting up 100+ per week without blinking.. one of the smartest QBs in the league in your ear telling you how to play and analysing the defence..

All Dak did (and you can go back and watch it) was hand off to Zeke until the D came up to stop it and then Dak would complete mid range passes that would then get a heap of YAC because of the 1 safety look to drive up his passing stats. It was simple and effective. It was actually perfect for the situation and I had no problem with it.

Then Romo should have come back in to week 12.. opened up the full play book and finished off the season with a deep play off run and possible SB.

Then I would be singing Daks praises.. he did a GREAT job in coverage.. we would have had this 'back up' on the bench.. our QB2 situation would be sorted.. it could have all been amazing.

Instead our FO was hoodwinked and coach was a buffoon.. who threw away an elite QB for a rookie.

I'm not surprised that Dak has never reached the heights of his rookie year again.. not one bit. Dak is the luckiest man in football bar none. A truly charmed NFL career.
Another butthurt, personally vindictive Romosexual post just like the many who daily have posted their personal Dak hatred for the past 6 years!

Oooh, I hate you Dak!!!! You forced my Romo to retire in shame after 10+ seasons of choking!!!!

:lmao::laugh::lmao::laugh::lmao:

You Romosexuals are the absolute worst of Cowboys Nation. The absolute worst! Spoiled-rotten, nonsensical and personally vindictive bunch.