Dak Looked Bad **merged**

Reaction score
He was better than in any game vs. the Giants last year...90.54 passer rating. 24 of 39, 268 and 1 TD.

If the Giants defense is going to be elite this year, then this was pretty good considering it was the first game.

That's the way I'm looking at it,,, the Giants defense totally owned him last year, this year he won the mental battles, albeit barely. That DB covering Dez was getting away with murder.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Not worried, this was pretty standard across the NFL today. Guys who sat in the preseason looked like they sat during the preseason

This. And the NYG D is legit. Not many teams that can take Dez away and make life (somewhat) tough for Zeke. The Giants are a physical, tough, harassing defense. Dak led the team to a win and tossed the only TD in a scrappy contest.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Wasn't terribly efficient, was light years better than both Giants games last season. Overall, that's a plus.

visionary

Reaction score
He was better than in any game vs. the Giants last year...90.54 passer rating. 24 of 39, 268 and 1 TD.

If the Giants defense is going to be elite this year, then this was pretty good considering it was the first game.

Exactly
This is one oftfe fest defences we will see all year

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Go back to last season and when he was his best, was when dez was out and they were running the ball underneath to Beasley. Not saying it's dez's fault at all. But this offense clicks with the running game when the chains are constantly moving in short burst all the way down the field. I know taking shots downfield opens up stuff for the running game, but some of those plays are just wastes. Every four yard run makes the next pass easier. Dak may always have a little bit of a mcnabb problem of not being perfectly accurate, but his style fits an efficient system. I would rather see more plays with him outside of the pocket, but for some reason they don't want to use him that way.

But im sure its more complicated than that, but I just like to see him in a short surgical style of offense that is based on a good rhythm with no wasted plays.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
They're a good defense and the Cowboys were off in the second half. Managed the game, protected the ball, and made enough plays early for that to be enough.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Nonsense. Dak had a fine game. He has improved since last year, as we all expected. Give the Giants defense credit, they are outstanding. Tony Dungee praised Dak on the post game show and I agree with him. Dak continued his excellent decision making.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I hope this is not the start of a sophomore slump. Hopefully it was just opening game nerves. On a better note, the defense played great. Kudos to the boys for a great win.

Stop

That's likely the best pass defense we'll play all year. He played MUCH better than he did NY 9 months ago.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Went at Dez too many looks...........add possible 5 receptions looking at Bease Witten.......
Nothing wrong with looking top establish Dez early, couple of those were really good looks.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
His ball placement was poor. Probably just too hyped up.

Yes. He was missing high. It really wasn't that bad in the 2nd half so he self corrected. What frustrated me with the playcalling was the lack of misdirection to use the speed and getting upfield by the Giants against them. They did it on one play...the big pass to Elliott and the Giants were badly fooled. But he got us some huge 1st downs in the end and we beat the likely top divisional rival...who swept us last season...by 16 points and controlled the game.

YR