Dak > Mahomes

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
so if the team that hasnt been to a SB in 25 years
This past Tuesday January 28th, was exactly the same date 24 years ago (1996) the Boys won their last SB.

Let's not celebrate their Silver anniversary too prematurely. :laugh:

Blue64

Reaction score
Good news guys Dak will have the same amount of rings as Mahomes by end of 2020. In 2021 He will have one more than Mahomes. If Dak had the same weapons and HOF coach, he would have taken the Cowboys 15-1.

At least 51% of success of Mahomes is due to having three number one WRs that can all run sub 4.3 and a HOF tight end.

Dak > Mahomes 24/7 don’t be surprised if one those hits snaps Mahomes out his ego high in SB.

Only difference is Mahomes tends to hit his receivers in stride and has a tendency of putting the ball where his receiver can make a play...

Even with rose colored glasses on, I can’t say the same about Dak.
Although he showed improvement this year, he still can’t be counted on when the games on the line...

Finally sorry to disappoint, but as good as the 49ers defense is... I think Mahomes will squeak out a win Sunday

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am thankful it is 'Dak_Attack_09' instead of 'Dak_Surprise_Attack_09' because the repetitious thread creations are no surprise whatsoever.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
See, that's what Im talking about, a little bit of broader perspective analysis abilities...
It was a combination of bad play as well from other areas of this offense, including scheme, but that came along with bad play from Dak as well.
People can throw numbers around all day, but what was compelling, were the moments during games which are pivotal, the success rate wasn't there.
As many dropped passes by his receivers, I bet you could count off target throws from Dak as well.
Of course. What quarterback doesn’t have off throws?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would really like to see a compilation of all the drops. Dak has a tendency of putting the ball in the area of the WR where it is technically "catchable" but by no means an easy catch, even when they are wide open he has a tendency to throw high and behind.
Yeah they only list the catachable passes. Uncatchable doesn’t go into the drop category.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FailingRelievedDingo-small.gif

The Dak Attacks have taken their toll. Please stop. For Pete's sake think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Of course. What quarterback doesn’t have off throws?

I think they all have bad throws but I don't think all of them have the same percentage of bad throws. That is why I asked the question i did earlier, as to, what constitutes a drop?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hits you in the hands and you drop it.

So is there something more official that can be referenced? IE, a link or language on the site that is producing the stats on drops?

Act like I made a statement and you read it. Act like you were responding to something I would say. Answer with what you would ask me to provide to substantiate.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hits you in the hands and you drop it.

So based on the link that starfan1 posted, this would seem to be inaccurate. It is not, "Hits you in the hands". It is more a stat that is based on if you can get a hand on it, or even a finger tip. This really is not a good indicator of accuracy by a QB IMO. This does not chart how many balls WRs needed to adjust to, in order to make the catch. This just tracks how many balls were not caught when a Cowboy receiver was able to get a hand on it.

For the record, I do agree that a WR should catch the ball if they can get a hand on it, that's the way we were all taught. It's not fair, but that is the way it is coached from as far back as you can go in organized football. However, that doesn't mean that a QB is accurate. You can have a lot of drops and still have an inaccurate passer as well. In fact, they go hand in hand more often then not IMO.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You know if the QB was forced to stand still in the pocket and not move I may not be hard pressed to choose between Dak and Mahommes - but they are not and that is where any comparison ends! You could also put 20lb weights on both of Mahomes shoes to make them more equal as well!

willia451

Reaction score
Ya, Mahomes walks on water. As everyone here keeps reminding us.

Yes. The Russell Wilson love around here in 2013 and 2014 was just as biblical.

Every time a new shiny object appears in the NFL the trippin starts.

5Y1ITC4.gif

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think easily honestly. Tyreek is a phenom, but his success is largely based on his freakish speed and Mahomes cannon. Amari has wheels too, a much better route tree, and ankle breaking cuts.
If Tyreek won purely on speed, I would lean more your way but he runs really good routes & has great hands. So, in my view, very similar traits but with world class speed that makes any play possible from bubble screens to crossing patterns to go routes. If you had to choose between the two, you'd get a great player either way. :)