Dak > Mahomes

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so the receiver gets a "drop" even though he made a great play to get a hand on it to begin with? I'm being serious, not trying to have an argument.

If that is the criteria, then everyone should understand how misleading the stat is.

For my money, if the pass was off target the receiver shouldn't incur a drop. If he catches it, he should get a stat that reflects he made a "great" catch not just "a catch".

So based on the link that starfan1 posted, this would seem to be inaccurate. It is not, "Hits you in the hands". It is more a stat that is based on if you can get a hand on it, or even a finger tip. This really is not a good indicator of accuracy by a QB IMO. This does not chart how many balls WRs needed to adjust to, in order to make the catch. This just tracks how many balls were not caught when a Cowboy receiver was able to get a hand on it.

For the record, I do agree that a WR should catch the ball if they can get a hand on it, that's the way we were all taught. It's not fair, but that is the way it is coached from as far back as you can go in organized football. However, that doesn't mean that a QB is accurate. You can have a lot of drops and still have an inaccurate passer as well. In fact, they go hand in hand more often then not IMO.

According to this site 77% of Dak's throws are on target. Better than Mahomes, Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Wentz, Brady, Russ, Goff..........

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s funny because there is an obvious difference in talent here. No amount of spinning makes Dak better than Mahomes, not even coaching

What Mahomes does best is Dak's biggest weakness. Watching the savvy way that Mahomes shifts around in the pocket and buys time is incredible. He almost sets up his blockers with how he slips around. Always aware of the blocking around him like a 6th sense. And then he also knows exactly when to take off and when not to. Dak seems to struggle deciding that, stepping up into the pocket and then taking off if nothing is available. If its not a designed run, it doesn't come naturally for Dak it seems.

I applaud his focus down the field, but he needs to work on a balance between the two.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're one to talk about trolling. You just trolled Kobe Bryant on the day he was killed in a plane crash.

That wasn't trolling. Everything I just said about Kobe is 100% spot on and I'm glad the media is picking up on his past. The fact that reporters are being silenced because of sensitive sportsball muricans can't handle it says a lot.

Jenky

Reaction score
Good news guys Dak will have the same amount of rings as Mahomes by end of 2020. In 2021 He will have one more than Mahomes. If Dak had the same weapons and HOF coach, he would have taken the Cowboys 15-1.

At least 51% of success of Mahomes is due to having three number one WRs that can all run sub 4.3 and a HOF tight end.

Dak > Mahomes 24/7 don’t be surprised if one those hits snaps Mahomes out his ego high in SB.

You must be high. Three #1 receivers who arent even close to 1k yards receiving and two running backs with 500 yards each. Please dont kid yourself. Dak has better talent around him, but Mahomie is the superior QB.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
All these quarterback comparisons are unethical to say the least. Most quarterback's who are on well coached teams have more of a chance reaching the big stage for that ONE great season. How many repeat? Where's Goff/Foles from Superbowls 53 & 52?!

Very seldom do you see them the following season with the same impact they had the prior season none the less making back-to-back SB appearances.

Brady's been holding that record for many years and I don't see any current quarterback filling those shoes for quite some time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Good news guys Dak will have the same amount of rings as Mahomes by end of 2020. In 2021 He will have one more than Mahomes. If Dak had the same weapons and HOF coach, he would have taken the Cowboys 15-1.

At least 51% of success of Mahomes is due to having three number one WRs that can all run sub 4.3 and a HOF tight end.

Dak > Mahomes 24/7 don’t be surprised if one those hits snaps Mahomes out his ego high in SB.
I'm rooting for the Chiefs just because you said that. Dak is my QB but Mahomes winning a SB or two while Dak does not only means Mahomes is on a better team. It's a team sport, folks.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score

Look, I'm a big Dak supporter, but this?????

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be great if we moved up, drafted a QB and give Dak competition?
Yes?
Good old chaps you are.

jnday

Reaction score
Aikman disagrees with you saying he made huge improvements in his game last year including his accuracy. This accuracy thing is past tense but haters gotta hang their hate on something even though it’s not true.
Those passes that were overthrown, underthrown and even the passes that were behind the WRs on all the crossing routes proved that Dak’s accuracy is phenomenal. I even remember the three yard pass to Zeke that was thrown five yards in the dirt in front of Zeke. That kinda accuracy is something to get excited about.

kskboys

Reaction score
Um....I'm a Dak fan too but let's be serious here. Mahomes can make any throw and Dak can't. Both are good QBs and let's leave it at that.
Not true. Dak can make all the NFL throws. That's a simple fact.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Eli Manning = 2
Peyton Manning = 2

Guess they were equally good, huh?

And if Peyton hadn't limped his way to that last ring with the Broncos, Eli would have been the better Manning. Solid logic!

Nothing to do with the thread.

*I wonder how many times I can repeat this? Let's find out, boys and girls!

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Yes. The Russell Wilson love around here in 2013 and 2014 was just as biblical.

Every time a new shiny object appears in the NFL the trippin starts.

5Y1ITC4.gif

Ok, this gets half a point for weirdness.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not true. Dak can make all the NFL throws. That's a simple fact.

......the frequency in which they are catch-able is inconsistent at times. I question the cerebral and decision making part of his game. While the Defensive coordinators are playing Chess, Dak is sometimes playing checkers. But I still believe that for the correct salary, that will allow a defense to be built, he can be serviceable and can win a SB.