CFZ Dak might be the best NFC quarterback in the playoffs

Qcard

Reaction score
Somebody remind me again what Dak's record is against teams with winning records?

I"ll wait. Thanks.

Only Tom Brady has a winning record Versus Winning teams...

This is old from 2020...I am pretty sure you can tabulate 2021 and 2022 (to date)

But I doubt Dak Hate will end....they'll just move the Goalpost

Reactions: G2

phildadon86

Reaction score
It was nice to see him heat up some against the Bears. But...we have seen this before....I'd say.

Let's get to the playoffs...and win a couple at least. Before proclaiming him the best one there.

(yes I know...team game....okay sure.)
Fair points. But people here are making Jalen Hurts sound like he is Tom Brady and who has he played?

If you (not you specifically) are going to diminish what Dak did against the Bears, then you also have to take into account Jalen Hurts' opponents. Otherwise its an agenda and not factual.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Looks like many fans are responding to the title of this thread not the content of the OP.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Like if you even use a modicum of brain power it should click that “hmmm maybe all QBs lose against winning teams, that’s why they are winning teams” lol. But nah all the other QBs win against playoff teams except Dak :laugh:
And, if you beat a team, chances are you contributed to them having a losing record.
But I get it, some NEED to talk about Dak all the time. They'll even mask it (poorly) by contributing in other threads for cover.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And, if you beat a team, chances are you contributed to them having a losing record.
But I get it, some NEED to talk about Dak all the time. They'll even mask it (poorly) by contributing in other threads for cover.
So you are the arbitrator of people's "agenda". Oh Great Infallible One.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Not at all true. The Packers will storm back like 2016 and God Almighty #12 in green and gold will be in the playoffs and at his best. Also keep an eye out for Brady and the Bucs. They play in a sad sorry division and will win the division even if they finish 8-9 and will be a tough out with Playoff Brady at the helm.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My main takeaway from this season is that Brady, Rodgers, and Stafford did not suddenly become garbage QBs this season. The constant nit-picking of Dak’s game and arguing that a QB isn’t a franchise QB if he doesn’t elevate everyone around them is also garbage. His detractors love saying that Dak needs a great team around him, we’ll surprise surprise. Football is the ultimate team sport, and Brady, Rodgers, and Stafford are still elite, but it means nothing if you don’t have the blocking and receivers to play with. KC learned this quickly with the greatest QB currently playing, and they’ve been rebuilding that OL, RB room, and receiving corps.

And yet...people STILL to this day day...say "Marino never won a super bowl". Who else from that team...or even THE TEAM...do people say that about?

People barely remember anyone but the QB.

For better or worse, fact or fiction....QB's take the heat as well as the glory. Dak is no exception.

erod

Reaction score
My main takeaway from this season is that Brady, Rodgers, and Stafford did not suddenly become garbage QBs this season. The constant nit-picking of Dak’s game and arguing that a QB isn’t a franchise QB if he doesn’t elevate everyone around them is also garbage. His detractors love saying that Dak needs a great team around him, we’ll surprise surprise. Football is the ultimate team sport, and Brady, Rodgers, and Stafford are still elite, but it means nothing if you don’t have the blocking and receivers to play with. KC learned this quickly with the greatest QB currently playing, and they’ve been rebuilding that OL, RB room, and receiving corps.
Dak has had terrific teams around him before and done nothing. He's middle of the pack.

Not this year, the league is so pathetic at the QB position, it may not matter. Dak is one of the best of a bad group.

Hence, the point. The NFC is awful.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
If you don't like today's NFL, then go rewatch all the 70s football all you want, instead of complaining here.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I think Dak is a good QB, but not close to being the best in the NFC…at least not at this juncture. Dak needs a supporting cast to be successful; whereas that is not a requirement for elite QBs.
Aaron Rodgers says Hi

DFWJC

Reaction score
The QB bar in the NFC is low this year for sure.

Given a level playing field of identical offensive lines, RBs, and WRs, I think Rodgers (NFLs worst WR group) Brady (team injuries and other issues) , and maybe Stafford (NFL's worst line, by far, crap RBs, and no WR depth) would be the NFC's best.
But those guys may not even make the playoffs.

Then you get Dak and Cousins--who are almost identical statistically, though Dak gets more love from the press.

So yeah, the OP has a legit point. Dak might the best of the last men standing.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think the best QB always wins the playoff games?
:laugh:

Dak and Rodgers are both better than Jimmy G. Last year’s postseason should’ve taught you something about this magical part of football called “the trenches.”
I never said...or thought....any such thing. Why are you so smug arguing something i never said?

Eli manning is proof. Marino is the corollary proof.

Dakota

Reaction score
Well you can go to nfl dot com and look at the stats. Obviously you can ignore stats related to snap counts and games played, such as total yardage. So look at, completion percentage, yards per attempt, interception rate, sacks, etc... I think you will find he is not the best in the NFC or our division, at least based on actual stats and not opinions. Does that mean he won't end up at the top? Of course not, but we will have to wait and see. I don't want to get hammered so I will not say who the best QB in our division and the NFC is.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
And yet...people STILL to this day day...say "Marino never won a super bowl". Who else from that team...or even THE TEAM...do people say that about?

People barely remember anyone but the QB.

For better or worse, fact or fiction....QB's take the heat as well as the glory. Dak is no exception.
Fans that don't like their QB are quick to point to their QB in a loss. They ignore all of the other factors that contributed to the loss and just point out the QB.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Well you can go to nfl dot com and look at the stats. Obviously you can ignore stats related to snap counts and games played, such as total yardage. So look at, completion percentage, yards per attempt, interception rate, sacks, etc... I think you will find he is not the best in the NFC or our division, at least based on actual stats and not opinions. Does that mean he won't end up at the top? Of course not, but we will have to wait and see. I don't want to get hammered so I will not say who the best QB in our division and the NFC is.

Yeah I’m pretty sure the vast majority of people, outside of Dallas fans, would not say Dak’s the best QB in the NFC playoff race this year.

It’s a stupid topic anyway as there is no stand out QB and it will come down to which team is playing the best overall football late in the year

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If the playoffs started today, starting QBs from the teams that would be in the playoffs ,who played in the playoffs and won a game, would be Dak and Jimmy G. So Erod has a point.

*and Kirk Cousins