CFZ Dak might be the best NFC quarterback in the playoffs

Proof

Reaction score
I disagree. He did play some part in their victories. Watching the games I recall him making some throws that sustained drives . While he’s not a difference maker QB he does enough and doesn’t usually make crucial mistakes doing what’s needed. A winning culture can be infectious .

i watched as well. he was just along for the ride. 4 tds vs 6 picks in all their wins. strong run game and great defense are what’s taken them anywhere. Agree to disagree

DallasInDC

Reaction score
It’s also important to not just base our analysis on stats alone because when we watch the games they can reveal some big plays that can often influence the outcome .

Yes, and there were a lot of bad plays (including 6 turnovers) that the rsdt of the team had to overcome....especially the defense. So to say Garoppalo was the reason for the 49ers playoff success would be a stretch...As much as saying He is the betterQB because of the 49ers playoff success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, and there were a lot of bad plays (including 6 turnovers) that the rsdt of the team had to overcome....especially the defense. So to say Garoppalo was the reason for the 49ers playoff success would be a stretch...As much as saying He is the betterQB because of the 49ers playoff success.
Who said he was the reason for their success? And didn’t say he was the better QB cause of their playoff success. You obviously mis read or misinterpreted. Amazing how some read what they want to read.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Looky what we have here....

In my mind, there are 5 legitimate teams in the NFL right now. Buffalo, KC, Philly, Dallas, and San Fran. The rest are maybe average at best and mostly just gawd awful garbage. This is the weakest NFL I've seen in my lifetime.

As such, an interesting development is occurring. Dak Prescott might be the best QB of the NFC teams that make the playoffs. Seriously.

Unless Rodgers or Brady figure out how to resurrect their catatonic teams, the candidates are Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota, Matt Stafford, and Dak Prescott.

Rodgers, Brady, and Stafford seem to be on the outside looking in. All three are running for their lives. So Dak and Cousins might the class of the NFC playoffs.

So attrition aside - and injuries will decide much of this - the Cowboys' ability to run the ball and play defense is quite formidable, along with Dak and his tight-end trio of goodness. Another wide receiver is unnecessary.

San Francisco is the scariest if they get it figured out. Philly is half good and half fraudulent because of a cupcake schedule, and none of the rest concern me in the least. Again, attrition aside.

Let Buffalo and KC laugh at the NFC for now; here's hoping the Cowboys can earn a chance to try them. Not a team in the NFL wants to go against this Dallas front if it's healthy come playoff time.
Prescot isn't even close to being the best QB. Dam he has one good game and posters are losing their minds!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Prescot isn't even close to being the best QB. Dam he has one good game and posters are losing their minds!
It’s not a big stretch saying he’s the best of that group with Hurts, Cousins and Garap. There’s not huge separation amongst them . These are all QB’s in that next group of best of the rest.

But there’s only one which has had any playoff success as a team.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Bad playoff game, horrible first game, poor game upon return from injury followed by one solid game against the Bears. Are you sure it's a great time to make mid-season claims about being the best "potential" playoff QB?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bad playoff game, horrible first game, poor game upon return from injury followed by one solid game against the Bears. Are you sure it's a great time to make mid-season claims about being the best "potential" playoff QB?
I’m not sure if it’s as much a tout of our QB as it’s a bash on the rest.

GMO415

Reaction score
Its not Hurts. He will never get a $160 million dollar contract.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Lol. Best QB in the NFC? He’s not even the best in the East right now. Currently, I’d take Danny Dimes and Hurts over him as both of them are doing more with less.
How is Hurts doing more with less? I would gladly trade our receiving corps for Philly's.

Aven8

Reaction score
You can call em whatever you like.

They are playing better than Dak is right now though.

Will that sustain that? It remains to be seen, but as of now they're just playing better.

Dak’s played like 5 minutes this season….

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Looky what we have here....

In my mind, there are 5 legitimate teams in the NFL right now. Buffalo, KC, Philly, Dallas, and San Fran. The rest are maybe average at best and mostly just gawd awful garbage. This is the weakest NFL I've seen in my lifetime.

As such, an interesting development is occurring. Dak Prescott might be the best QB of the NFC teams that make the playoffs. Seriously.

Unless Rodgers or Brady figure out how to resurrect their catatonic teams, the candidates are Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota, Matt Stafford, and Dak Prescott.

Rodgers, Brady, and Stafford seem to be on the outside looking in. All three are running for their lives. So Dak and Cousins might the class of the NFC playoffs.

So attrition aside - and injuries will decide much of this - the Cowboys' ability to run the ball and play defense is quite formidable, along with Dak and his tight-end trio of goodness. Another wide receiver is unnecessary.

San Francisco is the scariest if they get it figured out. Philly is half good and half fraudulent because of a cupcake schedule, and none of the rest concern me in the least. Again, attrition aside.

Let Buffalo and KC laugh at the NFC for now; here's hoping the Cowboys can earn a chance to try them. Not a team in the NFL wants to go against this Dallas front if it's healthy come playoff time.

erod for president

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is a great QB and anyone who thinks otherwise can go back to 2000-2003 and rewatch every single QB we tried to replace Aikman with and see how well the offense moved the football

those were "lean" times

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak isn't even the best QB in the division right now if we're basing it off the current season.

Hurts, Cousins, and Geno have all clearly looked better than Dak has this year.

If the playoffs started today, I'd rank Dak 4th amongst the NFC playoff teams QBs.

Pass me some of that juice you’re sipping on. It must be strong as a mfer if it’s frying your brain like this

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. Best QB in the NFC? He’s not even the best in the East right now. Currently, I’d take Danny Dimes and Hurts over him as both of them are doing more with less.

As for the rest of the NFC, Geno Smith looks great and I’d take him over Dak. Kyler Murray and Kirk Cousins are right there with him. Rodgers is under the weather but I’d still take him. Jared Goff too even though he’s on a disaster of a team.

lol Jesus Christ, how can fans take the time to post on message boards and not understand football well at all. If you’re taking those scrubs over Dak then you need to go read a football 101 manual

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
The Eagles **** riding in here is truly pathetic, I thought this was a Cowboys forum? I'm not the biggest Dak guy around but he's clearly the best QB in our division and one of the best in the NFC. I'd take Rodgers before him and probably old man Brady even if he hasn't looked that good this year, that's it.

Some members here need to have their heads checked.

Last edited: