Twitter: Dak missed open receivers on two biggest plays

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Playing QB is always easier from an aerial view and on film. When your on the field those angles look a lot different and just as Dak looks off Ferg he starts breaking free but there's also a zone safety in the mix and 2 dlinemen in the throwing lane that could knock down the pass.

Hindsight is always 20/20 playing QB and why its the most judged position. Doesnt take away that Dak overall played an excellent game.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
In red zone need look for cooks and cd. Simple!!! Quick slants and 1/1 passes.

Praxit

Reaction score
..the duress that Dak probably felt at that moment. Caused him to look one way and shoot.

Or he goes to Cooks.

Praxit

Reaction score
Playing QB is always easier from an aerial view and on film. When your on the field those angles look a lot different and just as Dak looks off Ferg he starts breaking free but there's also a zone safety in the mix and 2 dlinemen in the throwing lane that could knock down the pass.

Hindsight is always 20/20 playing QB and why its the most judged position. Doesnt take away that Dak overall played an excellent game.
..good observations, mate. Yep, hindsight is great, from the outside. ..lol..

Its ok, will get em' at home in about a month.

Cmac

Reaction score
Ouch!!!
I saw the 4th down play Fergy was open live, and I wanted to see who was back there and it was nobody...a walk in TD.

Cooks play is the tough too. I'm not going to throw a fit at Dak, but it would've been nice if he went to better options then Schoon or Tolbert.
Problem is easier said than it is to overcome: "If you don't get your key players involved early, you may begin to forget them and the details."

We're expecting Cooks to be a stretch receiver but is better served as the slot guy. The talk of him getting 1000 yds is great, the need for this team is a chain mover. He's smaller than all DBs.

Dak and coaching staff need to get off the use of just two receivers only (Ferguson/Lamb). How can a WR be a playmaker or threat, if he doesn't get enough opportunities? (Cooks).

On the other hand, Gallup is on the hotseat (even if the coaching room is hanging him out to dry too, with the scheme).

We are a team that can help a team beat us because we're good at "shooting our own foot". (penalties/poor execution)

RonWashington

Reaction score
our backs actually did average 4 yards a carry but when they only get 14 total carries, said meat gets left on said bone.

Good point . Dowdle ripped off a strong run of course called back for a penalty . Never saw much of Dowdle after that .

:facepalm:

nobody

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous. Sad to say, a lot of people aren't smart enough to understand what happens and why. They just see a receiver get open and immediately start throwing blame without fully understanding why Dak looked elsewhere.
A couple of Dak's known weaknesses are slow-progression-reads (or he ignores them and laser focuses on one guy) and holding on to the ball and not throwing it away... That being said, he had a very good game and shouldn't be blamed for the loss. He didn't have time a lot of the time to go through more than the first read. Steel was dangerous for Dak. Dak made some mistakes in big moments but had a good game. All of the dropped throws and the defense allowing 28 as well as The O-line playing matador were the culprits. (We won't even talk about the refs)

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The ferguson miss was very bad but cooks wasnt the first read and zach martin didnt slide over to pick up the blitzer. He double teamed the dt with biadasz
Don't know if I can Zach wholly for that. Look close and you see three Eagles rushing against two blockers. That third Eagle is looking to exploit a gap forced by the down linemen attacking. Zach pinching to the left closed that from happening. Zach couldn't anticipate Steele getting traffic coned by the rusher off to his right.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Notice how Baldy doesn't show the whole screen when showing this play. Wonder why? Because what really happened doesn't match his BS explanation.
He doesn't want to show the free blitzer coming right at Dak. Talk about being little dishonest.

Dak had a free blitzer coming right at him. He didn't have a chance to go to his second read which most likely would have been Cooks. It's clear Schoon was the 1st read on that play by the way Dak is looking to that side from the start of the play.

AAbxLrwY_o.png
Baldy didn't say Dak didn't read the play right, he was showing how you are supposed to run the rub route. Clearly, the first read was to Dak's left for some reason but Fergy didn't rub Schoon man like CD did on the right side of the field.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I bet u can go back and watch ALL QB's games and see guys open that the QB didn't see. No news here. Schoon play was open. It should have been a flag. he got tackled while catching the ball. It should of been first and goal at the spot of the foul.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Baldy didn't say Dak didn't read the play right, he was showing how you are supposed to run the rub route. Clearly, the first read was to Dak's left for some reason but Fergy didn't rub Schoon man like CD did on the right side of the field.
Ferg might of got greedy. He wanted the ball not block for someone else to get the ball.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I’ve been critical before of # 4 but sorry fellas this one is on # 78 and that revolving door he was throwing down plus a defense gave up TD”s on Philly first 2 second half drives . So much for a halftime lead and a gimpy Hurts .

Not to mention the Eagles paid no attention to Dallas run game with Dak slinging it 44 times
Look for other villains they are hiding out in Frisco in the chow line .

This, like I said earlier to Marathon! I will take this current Dak, that I have seen the last 3 weeks for the rest of the year and love it.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Eagles cashed in on every single legit scoring opportunity they had.

We cashed in on SOME of ours.

If it weren't for sloppiness....final score woulda been 39 to 28 Cowboys.

But ....that's the difference between the Tier A teams..... and then the next layer down.

Bing

Reaction score
No I still think Daks dumbest throw was on the final play off the game. Why do you throw it to CeeDee when he is not even in the endzone where he should be. There was no way he was going to get into the endzone with 4-5 Eagles around him....toss it IN the endzone and hope for the best...

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Both of these are sickening...i slowed it down and dak literally looks at Ferguson get free then goes to Tolbert....the cooks one is just....ugh

zeke21

Reaction score
So the cooks one, even I could possible forgive.. it was a quick read bang bang play and he went with the primary receiver.. having said that.. a better QB would probably know both his hot reads (as it is a mirror pick on either side) and I'd personally go towards cooks and ceedee first. Also the throw to cooks is easier. But with a free rusher he missed it. The bit that actually makes me angry is that Dak doesn't even move his eyes.. just locks onto that first option and doesn't move.. means the safety can always cut across. Didn't effect this play but does effect plenty others. Dak has ALWAYS stared down his receivers and it ps me off.

The second one is just flat out bad football. That is the prime example of why we will never, ever, never win with Dak at QB. That is just a bad read and he had time. Ferg is free off the line and running across his eyes. 28 other NFL QBs make that throw to Ferg.

So yes you can pull up ugly plays for every QB but Dak has a lot of them.. and the really horrible bit is that they are ALWAYS the same. Staring down receivers, not seeing protections, not using his legs, overthrowing or under throwing receivers, needing receivers to be WIIIIIIIIDE open before he releases the ball, no touch near the endzone.

Need a change at QB if we are serious about winning a championship.

SackMaster

Reaction score
The ferguson miss was very bad but cooks wasnt the first read and zach martin didnt slide over to pick up the blitzer. He double teamed the dt with biadasz
No no no no no.

Either both are absolutely NOT Dak fault. Or both are absolutely Dak's fault.

No reason to look at each play individually and point out any obvious differences. That is not how fandom works.
:muttley: