Twitter: Dak missed open receivers on two biggest plays

SackMaster

Reaction score
No I still think Daks dumbest throw was on the final play off the game. Why do you throw it to CeeDee when he is not even in the endzone where he should be. There was no way he was going to get into the endzone with 4-5 Eagles around him....toss it IN the endzone and hope for the best...
I'm 99% certain that the design of the play was to get CeeDee in a position to make 1 or 2 guys miss and score a TD. Problem is the Philly D was disciplined and Lamb was stuck with like 4 defenders to beat.

I don't disagree with your statement of "throw it into the endzone and hope for the best", but clearly MM thought otherwise.

In any case, not a very high chance of success with either option, but throwing into the EZ "looks" better.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Don't know if I can Zach wholly for that. Look close and you see three Eagles rushing against two blockers. That third Eagle is looking to exploit a gap forced by the down linemen attacking. Zach pinching to the left closed that from happening. Zach couldn't anticipate Steele getting traffic coned by the rusher off to his right.
It was a protection issue that would have been Martin's guy. The center would have been 1 on 1 zach 1 on 1 and traffic cone would be 1 on 1. not a blitzer rushing free. And I bet as soon as dak would notice the blitzer from the right he would kno cooks would be there.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Notice how Baldy doesn't show the whole screen when showing this play. Wonder why? Because what really happened doesn't match his BS explanation.
He doesn't want to show the free blitzer coming right at Dak. Talk about being little dishonest.

Dak had a free blitzer coming right at him. He didn't have a chance to go to his second read which most likely would have been Cooks. It's clear Schoon was the 1st read on that play by the way Dak is looking to that side from the start of the play.

AAbxLrwY_o.png
Baldy wasn't criticizing Dak in the video...

So about that being dishonest thing...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Baldy didn't say Dak didn't read the play right, he was showing how you are supposed to run the rub route. Clearly, the first read was to Dak's left for some reason but Fergy didn't rub Schoon man like CD did on the right side of the field.
Ferg did exaxtly what CD did.

The defenders on each side did not react the same, however.

Zman5

Reaction score
Baldy wasn't criticizing Dak in the video...

So about that being dishonest thing...
Then why is he not showing the whole screen that shows the blitzer when implying Dak could have gone to Cooks?

It's clear as day when you see the blitzer coming, Dak had no chance to go to Cooks as the second read on that play.

bWLIwnIr_o.png

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Ouch!!!
I saw the 4th down play Fergy was open live, and I wanted to see who was back there and it was nobody...a walk in TD.

Cooks play is the tough too. I'm not going to throw a fit at Dak, but it would've been nice if he went to better options then Schoon or Tolbert.
Yeah, hard to understand not going to Fergy.

No issues with the one at the goal line as he was forced to go left & under heavy pressure.

coult44

Reaction score
Twitterverse thinks the NFL is a Madden video game. :facepalm:
Baldy isn’t yiur average Twitter world. There aren’t many better than he is. But for the sake of argument let’s say it was a nobody madden player making this argument. Dak can’t look at a rookie TE before he looks at Cooks and Lamb. And I’m on the Dak supporter side and even I could see that!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Defense holds Philly to 24....WE Win......Thus is the life of a Dallas Cowboy fan.....

Mannix

Reaction score
I hate listening to Chuckles.....soooo full of S.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Baldy isn’t yiur average Twitter world. There aren’t many better than he is. But for the sake of argument let’s say it was a nobody madden player making this argument. Dak can’t look at a rookie TE before he looks at Cooks and Lamb. And I’m on the Dak supporter side and even I could see that!
Dak made right read the referees should have called pass interference. When a defensive lineman is coming at you throw to the open man. Schoonmaker was open.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooks and Ferguson were open on two critical 4th down plays. :facepalm:

One read mental midget QB.
From the start of the play, he's glued on where he's gonna throw.
Cooks was so WIDE OPEN..................Again mentally Dak is a NFL QB moron and it shows!!!
Slow and panics...........probably sweated a couple of gallons last night that Dakko!!!

jmnichols75

Reaction score
Cooks and Ferguson were open on two critical 4th down plays. :facepalm:

QBs miss open receivers. In fact, it's a fairly common occerence. Some of it is due to play design, some of it progressions. There is also the fact that pro football is an extremely fast paced sport with lots of things happening at once. Still, it seems like Dak misses more than his share of open receivers...and some of them are not just open or wide open, but WIIIIIIDE open. I get the feeling the Cowboys miss out on the benefits of a few busted coveragesby their opponents every year because Dak locks in on a reciever, is slow on his reads sometimes, etc. and doesn't see it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Notice how Baldy doesn't show the whole screen when showing this play. Wonder why? Because what really happened doesn't match his BS explanation.
He doesn't want to show the free blitzer coming right at Dak. Talk about being little dishonest.

Dak had a free blitzer coming right at him. He didn't have a chance to go to his second read which most likely would have been Cooks. It's clear Schoon was the 1st read on that play by the way Dak is looking to that side from the start of the play.

AAbxLrwY_o.png
Looks like that pic is showing Pollard doesn;t know how to help block.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Would've been a TD if not for pass interference. Dak made the right play and the Eagles got away with a penalty.

Still, maddening to see.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
One read mental midget QB.
From the start of the play, he's glued on where he's gonna throw.
Cooks was so WIDE OPEN..................Again mentally Dak is a NFL QB moron and it shows!!!
Slow and panics...........probably sweated a couple of gallons last night that Dakko!!!
you hater, dak had 12 guys rushing him on every play,