Dak most under appreciated QB in the NFL

blueblood70

Reaction score
The problem with Trey’s take is that almost everybody does DOES think Dak is an above average QB.
Above average (not top 3) being the key point

So what he’s saying just isn't true, nor is the headline of this thread if above average is the bar
um not top 5 most can debate and argue where he falls 6-10 . fans take issue with a player who is 6 at best wanting #1 money..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Dak hater is anyone that says stupid things about the QB that simply bend the facts or cant be backed up with facts.

Like idiots saying he is average when he clearly isn't. Or the morons that said he was backup material and look really dumb about now. Or the clowns that dismiss the facts and cherry pick to try and prove a point that is laughable.

LOL...there's PLENTY of "fact bending" by both sides.

I wonder how many "back ups" would have had similar success HERE. Or do you think think Dak is SO special he was the ONLY one that could make us 8-8?

(Yes...a bit facetious...I'll go ahead and throw in the one 13-3 as well. :rolleyes: )

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When your defense is average, your special team stinks, and your game plan is weak and you cant adjust your aren't going to be a lot of good teams with quality coaching. And not only was the defense overall average, but they were the worst in the NFL in creating turnovers and in the bottom half in sacks.

I have also heard very few say that Dak is a top 5 QB.

Another pathetic attempt for you to defend you hero Garrett.

You give Dak ALL of those excuses but not Zeke. You > Exposed

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak has been in the league long enough to where these next few years will let us know if he is going to get better or has hit his ceiling. So far he gets a little better each year to me. It’s a team game so I don’t let team records define him solely.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You give Dak ALL of those excuses but not Zeke. You > Exposed
I take everything on an individual basis. Critique when necessary , Credit when necessary . I find more critiquing in Elliot than I do in Prescott at this moment.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Remember the time the O-Line allowed a free pass rush on Carr and he cracked a vertabra
At this point we all know that you’re not giving Prescott credit for anything. So how can we take anything you say with integrity. It’s OK to critique. But you have to give credit where it’s due also

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
$31 million is already too much, but at least it's just for one year.
Extending Dak more than one year is still too risky at this point. The only thing that he has proven is that he can run up his stats when the opposing defenses are in prevent mode.
He hasn't shown that he can be the guy who can get the Cowboys past tough teams.
Until he does, he's a pretender; not yet a contender.
$10 would be too much for you. So. . How many quarterbacks can say they beat Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau field. How many quarterbacks can go into Pittsburgh and come out with the win . He went into Baltimore and Beat a great defense . Beat the Super Bowl Eagles twice. In the same season they went to the Super Bowl. So again

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well dont know whats going to happen but in about 12 days if dak is not signed to a long term deal things between him and the team are going to get really sticky as one article i was reading this morning says that he will be on his way out

glimmerman

Reaction score
well dont know whats going to happen but in about 12 days if dak is not signed to a long term deal things between him and the team are going to get really sticky as one article i was reading this morning says that he will be on his way out
It may not be that bad. But not good. Especially after he turned down 33 million last year and played out his rookie deal. His agent will push JJ until he caves. I don’t see JJ holding his ground on a franchise QB.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
It may not be that bad. But not good. Especially after he turned down 33 million last year and played out his rookie deal. His agent will push JJ until he caves. I don’t see JJ holding his ground on a franchise QB.
as u can tell over the last several years winning is not really a big deal for jerry its the money and he stands to lose a lot of it this year not sure he has the guts to commit to a big deal and still lose that kind of money

glimmerman

Reaction score
as u can tell over the last several years winning is not really a big deal for jerry its the money and he stands to lose a lot of it this year not sure he has the guts to commit to a big deal and still lose that kind of money
He knows the money loss will only be this season. Or he may make some money but not as much. After this season it will go back to business as usual. He can sign Dak and pay less this year than 31. But if he lets Dak walk for money then he is scrambling to find a franchise player or going through the growing pain years of developing a young QB. He wants a ring before he dies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has been in the league long enough to where these next few years will let us know if he is going to get better or has hit his ceiling. So far he gets a little better each year to me. It’s a team game so I don’t let team records define him solely.

Year 5 coming up for Dak I say let's give him another 3 years and by then all of our talents will have aged and we will have wasted another batch of talent this time for the most inept QB in the NFL!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Year 5 coming up for Dak I say let's give him another 3 years and by then all of our talents will have aged and we will have wasted another batch of talent this time for the most inept QB in the NFL!
Why don’t you see what a actual coaching staff can do for not just him but the whole team. Been to the playoffs twice in 4 years. First time was his rookie year. Coaching staff didn’t get them there. Guess you didn’t like Romo either. He wasted 10 years.

NotForLong

Reaction score
At this point we all know that you’re not giving Prescott credit for anything. So how can we take anything you say with integrity. It’s OK to critique. But you have to give credit where it’s due also
Whatever bro. Attack me.

But if truth be told, then the narrative shall be that Dak is a fraud, that has benefitted greatly by being the QB of the Cowboys.

He was born out of the decision by Garrett and Jerry. 2 idiots.

Because of thier decision to go with a flawed & limited rookie QB over top 3 QB in the league.

He was thrust upon the team and not everyone in Cowboy Nation was in agreement.

From that moment this team has been divided.

The reason being is many believed we found Gold with Dak, if this was the beginning then the sky was the limit. . . Meanwhile others said he was just another rock painted yellow

In 2016, the reason for the Cowboys success was because the Cowboys were able to run at will on a passing league. It was already a full gone conclusion that the future of the league was passing. Nickel was becoming the base defense.

Because of this dynamic any QB worth his salt would have been successful. Dak benefited greatly and his style of play allowed him to perform at a high level. (But an all pro QB would have been better)

So 4 years later, and countless excuses & scapegoats, Dak's flaws are glaring. 4 years of abuse on our number 4 overall draft pick's body may be taking its toll. And as our once Trump Card, the O-Line, breaks down, The Cowboys chances are closing

Last year is supposedly the Shining Example of Proof that Dak has improved. But if thats the case I'ld rather have the bus driver of 2016. But we all know that is an impossibility, because the league has figured him out.

They know how to defend Zeke while at the same time containg Dak. (Its a JOKE that Dak doesnt audiable with Zeke as your RB)

So Moore was tasked with the job of creating an offense that could showcase Dak as a QB. What was the outcome? A QB that cant figure out how to beat teams with adequate talent. Even with the unfair advantage of having Zeke as your RB.

Over the Last 4 years i have read on this message board that.

Romo was one hit away from being a cripple. In fact he was really overrated any way.

Dez was slow and couldnt catch. But he made a carear out of back shoulder contested throws.

Beasley was a gimick and not a team player. Many were "Glad" when he left. Many believed the Bills overpayed, but I say go ask Josh Allen what he thinks.

At one time Terrence Williams was an upcoming WR. The perfect compliment to Dez, who teams feared, and combined with a strong Running Game. Terrence was quickly becoming the 2nd coming of Alvin Harper.
Instead he was relagated to just another WR who couldn't Catch.

The O-Line was ripped to shreads during Dak's struggles in 2018. Even now its trendy to totally dismiss the O-Line as over rated with all these new "Analytic" stats. What the Cowboys should take the most pride in, our O-Line, is easily diminished by those who wish to lighten the criticisim on Dak.

The D is over rated and never helped Dak. But how many times are they left out to dry, when Dak can only muster a Field goal. 9-7 is a different score from 21-7. I bet Lawrence would love to pin his ears back and rush the QB knowing he has to pass.

Maybe even our DB's might have played a little more aggressive and took chances

Special teams were atrocious, but how many 55 yds or longer field goals are you gonna kick?

Is it possible the last Offensive Coordinator had a bland gameplan because Dak's Football IQ is mot up to par? Its a possibility.

So this is not your fault or my fault that we argue over Dak.

It's Cowboys management's fault.

4 years ago they dumped a Pro Bowl QB for an amazing rookie with Flaws. It wAS not a sensiable move based on the best chance to win . . . But it made perfect sense for the Future if Dak was who Jerry thought he was.

Well 4 years later it is glaringly obvious he is not.

All you Dak supporters said it was alright to abandon Romo and a chance at glory in 2016, you all promised that we would be cashing in on Dak's greetness. Because he was only going to improve.

You all supporters are dug in on the subject. You require Dak to be great to prove you were right in 2016. Your attacks have been relentless on any and all criticism of Dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why don’t you see what a actual coaching staff can do for not just him but the whole team. Been to the playoffs twice in 4 years. First time was his rookie year. Coaching staff didn’t get them there. Guess you didn’t like Romo either. He wasted 10 years.

You see any coaches playing out there?
Romo never had this talent level.
Anyway, year 5 coming up wait till and if the games start and these forums are blowing up when Dak is once again unable to move the team for the 1st 3 quarters!

glimmerman

Reaction score
You see any coaches playing out there?
Romo never had this talent level.
Anyway, year 5 coming up wait till and if the games start and these forums are blowing up when Dak is once again unable to move the team for the 1st 3 quarters!
We will see. He has done better than what your claiming.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL...there's PLENTY of "fact bending" by both sides.

I wonder how many "back ups" would have had similar success HERE. Or do you think think Dak is SO special he was the ONLY one that could make us 8-8?

(Yes...a bit facetious...I'll go ahead and throw in the one 13-3 as well. :rolleyes: )

If you analysis is that it was Dak that made us 8-8 then that says it all.