Dak Named most valuable player in NFC East over last five years!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
In the last five years? Prescott has only been in the league four years. Why is the "PFF WAR" metric designated for a five-year period instead of the previous four-year period?
Idk but him and carson both been in the league 4 years so does it really matter?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Guys, PFF has said in the past that Dak is not worth the top money and that his stats do not tell the whole story.

NFC East has been a pretty bad Division over the last few years. Wentz has missed a lot of snaps, or just played a lot of snaps injured. Kirk Cousins hasn't even played in the NFCE for the past two seasons, Eli retired because he was benched. Odell Beckham hasn't played in the NFCE for a year and in the 2017 season, he only started two games.

Stop with this, please. This thing about trying to prove Dak is "worth it" is kinda just losing it's audience. It is what it is. He will sign or he won't.
you are right eitherhe will or he wont and i now dont think they will sign him to a long term deal jerry has done a lot to talking about how that dak is the future but i am not sure his money will show the same thing

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yep its mostly just our fan base that is as down on him. Not that others dont devalue him but none like our fanbase
some fan base...same ones that were down on zeke, Lawrence, Amari, gallup, smith, jones, Collins, Romo, etc....some of these guys just want to argue about everything.....

the funny part is they say dak has a supporting cast, yet they complain Amari is not that good and zeke has already lost it, then they circle back and do the same, Amari sucks, but he has had dak, zeke, etc....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When "Pigs" can fly I'll give credence to this article and its source....

Use-idioms-at-IELTS-when-pigs-fly.jpg

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lot of that going around in the NFC East. To be honest, it's been a really bad division for awhile now IMO. I remember when the NFC East was the CLASS of the entire league. For years and years, the East was the Beast.

Sigh.........
We will be again. Up to The Cowboys to step it up. Time to be feared.

Flamma

Reaction score
I knew Dak was incredibly valuable and an overall amazing player, so it's good to see more evidence backing this up! Of course Dak isn't considered Elite, but if he lights it up this season and does some damage in the playoffs I believe he will erase all doubts.

Look away if you're looking for stats that suggest Dak shouldn't be paid top dollar...

A really really long time ago a baseball player was on a last place team. But he was the best player on the team and had a breakout season. The owner wanted to give him a pay cut. He pled his case and threw up his numbers to validate his case. The owner said, we're in last place with you, we can be in last place without you.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He has only been playing for 4 years. But the best in 5 years. Lol.
I stopped reading reading right there.

You just have let your personal experiences guide you.

If you only have seen Romo and Dak as your featured Cowboy QBs..

then that's all you have to compare with.

If you have more history you have personally acquired sitting in the stands year after year..

it's a different perspective, I assure you.

If you have no financial investment in the team beyond your computer or you keychain fob..

not sure you see a complete picture of the team or the players.

It's the difference b/w watching TV or being on the sidelines and smelling the sweat and seeing the blood and hearing the pop of the pads and the sounds of pain at impact.

TV skews things.

People think I don't like Dak.

Not true at all.

Few of us really knows the game and therefore we have to work with only what we see on TV.

TV sanitizes everything and it's like watching the game thru a drinking straw.

That is why we research and read and watch video to expand what we know.

So comparing Dak to other NFC QBs is just another measuring method.

It's not THE method. It is in no way definitive.

Even in a contract year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lot of that going around in the NFC East. To be honest, it's been a really bad division for awhile now IMO. I remember when the NFC East was the CLASS of the entire league. For years and years, the East was the Beast.

Sigh.........
The Dak-led Cowboys have beat a lot of good teams outside of the NFC East the past 4 years. Time to re-evaluate your misguided opinion.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I stopped reading reading right there.

You just have let your personal experiences guide you.

If you only have seen Romo and Dak as your featured Cowboy QBs..

then that's all you have to compare with.

If you have more history you have personally acquired sitting in the stands year after year..

it's a different perspective, I assure you.

If you have no financial investment in the team beyond your computer or you keychain fob..

not sure you see a complete picture of the team or the players.

It's the difference b/w watching TV or being on the sidelines and smelling the sweat and seeing the blood and hearing the pop of the pads and the sounds of pain at impact.

TV skews things.

People think I don't like Dak.

Not true at all.

Few of us really knows the game and therefore we have to work with only what we see on TV.

TV sanitizes everything and it's like watching the game thru a drinking straw.

That is why we research and read and watch video to expand what we know.

So comparing Dak to other NFC QBs is just another measuring method.

It's not THE method. It is in no way definitive.

Even in a contract year.
Been watching since 1975. Love my team and root for them every game.

I like Dak and hope he turns into the elite QB we want him to.

I just thought it was funny he got credit for 5 years of being good when only playing for 4.

But I didn’t read the article so I may have missed the point.