Dak Never Comes Up Big

BKBDAD

Reaction score
We can say this or that lost the game for the Cowboys but AGAIN, it comes down to the QB making a play when you need it most and for some reason, Dak seems to always fall short and it’s not for lack of effort, he just doesn’t get it done. 1st and goal on the six to WIN the game and we don’t score? I partly blame Dak but mostly however in this spot, McCarthy you would think would have a golden play or 2 in the back of his head just for such a time in a big game. NOPE!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We can say this or that lost the game for the Cowboys but AGAIN, it comes down to the QB making a play when you need it most and for some reason, Dak seems to always fall short and it’s not for lack of effort, he just doesn’t get it done. 1st and goal on the six to WIN the game and we don’t score? I partly blame Dak but mostly however in this spot, McCarthy you would think would have a golden play or 2 in the back of his head just for such a time in a big game. NOPE!!
He had the ball on the 6 yard line and Tyler Smith got a false start. Is that Dak's fault? Or McCarthy's?

Nav22

Reaction score
"1st and goal at the 6"

Intellectually dishonest.

This is how you know someone's just being a SILLY LITTLE HATER and not a serious human being.
:laugh:

Did we run a play from the 6?

Or was there a false start before the snap that immediately pushed us back to the 11?

But saying "we needed 11 yards and Dak didn't get it done" isn't quite as juicy as saying "we needed 6 yards and Dak didn't get it done", is it?

BKBDAD

Reaction score
"1st and goal at the 6"

This is how you know someone's just being a SILLY LITTLE HATER and not a serious human being.

Or was there a false start before the snap that immediately pushed us back to the 11?

But saying "we needed 11 yards and Dak didn't get it done" isn't quite as juicy as saying "we needed 6 yards and Dak didn't get it done", is it?
Intellectually it doesn’t really matter! When was the last time you remember Dak coming up in these types of situations?? I don’t hate on Dak but the facts are that in big situations he usually fails! 2 playoff wins in 8 years, none in the 2nd round! I wish it were different, believe me!

BKBDAD

Reaction score
"1st and goal at the 6"

He had the ball on the 6 yard line and Tyler Smith got a false start. Is that Dak's fault? Or McCarthy's?
I totally agree that McCarthy should have a handful of plays that we don’t see much that would get them into the end zone but he’s not a great coach, barely average! With that said, when was the last time you remember Dak coming up in these types of situations?? I don’t hate on Dak but the facts are that in big situations he usually fails! 2 playoff wins in 8 years, none in the 2nd round! I wish it were different, believe me!

Nav22

Reaction score
Intellectually it doesn’t really matter! When was the last time you remember Dak coming up in these types of situations?? I don’t hate on Dak but the facts are that in big situations he usually fails! 2 playoff wins in 8 years, none in the 2nd round! I wish it were different, believe me!
Led a game-winning drive literally 3 weeks ago.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Man I can’t today. Refs suck. Picking up an obvious hands to the face on Gallup, Steele is Chaz green 2.0 schoomaker or whatever the hell is name is was literally being tackled before he even got the ball. Today is not the day to off on Dak. Also had 5 drops. He had tk battle through a lot. Heck of a game by him

BKBDAD

Reaction score
KEEP RIDING THE DAK TRAIN AND THAT IT’S NOT HIS FAULT! THE COWBOYS WILL AGAIN BE WHAT THEY ARE ALMOST EVERY YEAR, AT BEST A WILD CARD TEAM WITH A 1ST OR 2ND ROUND DEPARTURE IN THE PLAYOFFS! AND IT’S NOT ON DAK, HE’S TRYING! PLEASE!

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Man I can’t today. Refs suck. Picking up an obvious hands to the face on Gallup, Steele is Chaz green 2.0 schoomaker or whatever the hell is name is was literally being tackled before he even got the ball. Today is not the day to off on Dak. Also had 5 drops. He had tk battle through a lot. Heck of a game by him
I agree, he played well, not great but well. But he plays like this a lot but at the end when you really need him to make a play, NOTHING????????????????

mugsybows

Reaction score
We’ve seen this before. He/they lost in the playoffs like this last two years. I would bet money that we will lose in the playoffs this year very similar. We will have refs against us and shoot ourselves in the foot all game yet dak will do just enough to have a chance to win it the final seconds and then right on the cue the old faithfuls will come out: big sack, holding on to ball for too long, dumb penalties, and interceptions/turnovers.

Cut to the disappointed press conferences all around with hopeful “we’re close and we’ll gettem next year” endings. Followed by emails from the pro shop to buy dallas gear. That yacht not gonna pay for its own gas while on the jones family vacation.

Repeat.

It’s hard to get mad at this stuff when we literally have been losing like this for years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
100% nailed it!
:hammer: :hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We’ve seen this before. He/they lost in the playoffs like this last two years. I would bet money that we will lose in the playoffs this year very similar. We will have refs against us and shoot ourselves in the foot all game yet dak will do just enough to have a chance to win it the final seconds and then right on the cue the old faithfuls will come out: big sack, holding on to ball for too long, dumb penalties, and interceptions/turnovers.

Cut to the disappointed press conferences all around with hopeful “we’re close and we’ll gettem next year” endings. Followed by emails from the pro shop to buy dallas gear. That yacht not gonna pay for its own gas while on the jones family vacation.

Repeat.

It’s hard to get mad at this stuff when we literally have been losing like this for years.
Houston Texans are looking for fans.

Brooksey

Reaction score
"1st and goal at the 6"

Really dumb audible caused the false start at the 6, he wanted to run with no time outs? It was stopped either way. The ensuing sack and delay of game really killed us

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Another emotional user on a day where the defense gave up 4 TDs just wants to talk about the QB.

Just one of those being field goals, and we win 26-24. World needs more intelligent people like you!

CordovaRaider

Reaction score
It is Dak's fault...the team had a rhythm that entire drive...Dak gets them lined up like he did the previous 6 plays and then decides to audible throwing off the play timing and then we get the false start...just run the stupid play call, throw it in the seats and then run another play with 20 seconds on 2nd down...as long as you do not take a sack (which he freaking did) or turn it over (which he typically does in this situation), you had time for four plays from the 6 (that is near a 50% chance of scoring and he took his team backwards).

Nav22

Reaction score
Really dumb audible caused the false start at the 6, he wanted to run with no time outs? It was stopped either way. The ensuing sack and delay of game really killed us
No, that's not what "caused the false start."

You're either being intellectually dishonest or you don't know football.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Grenic

Reaction score
I agree, he played well, not great but well. But he plays like this a lot but at the end when you really need him to make a play, NOTHING????????????????
Dear lord, did you watch the game where the team can't run block and steel is a revolving door? The online is terrible