Dak Never Comes Up Big

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He had the ball on the 6 yard line and Tyler Smith got a false start. Is that Dak's fault? Or McCarthy's?
You need to get away from the 'blame/fault' angle. Dak played really well, he just comes up short against the elite. This O-Line isnt going to improve any time soon: Tyron/Martin age deterioration, Biadazs - FA and Steele - injury (whether he'll improve?) , add in the CAP restraints with the forthcoming CeeDee and Micah contracts and this is as good as it gets for him.

Sometimes very good just doesnt get you over the line, it's not blame, it's just the situation he's in juxtaposition, he needs weapons but his contract demands (and defered payments) means we havent to CAP to facilitate.

Nav22

Reaction score
A FG against a non-elite side. There's never been a question about Dak's ability to accumulate yards, its when the onus is on HIM, to throw a TD pass that the issues start coming to the fore.
Atta boy, move those goalposts!

WAY better than saying, "I was wrong"!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Cmac

Reaction score
A FG against a non-elite side. There's never been a question about Dak's ability to accumulate yards, its when the onus is on HIM, to throw a TD pass that the issues start coming to the fore.
Our overrated OL goes into panic mode

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Our overrated OL goes into panic mode
Maybe, but the reality is that it's not going to improve, we cant change that (maybe outside of a 1st Rd pick, but we have other needs as well). None of this is about blame, it's a stark acceptance that this is it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
KEEP RIDING THE DAK TRAIN AND THAT IT’S NOT HIS FAULT! THE COWBOYS WILL AGAIN BE WHAT THEY ARE ALMOST EVERY YEAR, AT BEST A WILD CARD TEAM WITH A 1ST OR 2ND ROUND DEPARTURE IN THE PLAYOFFS! AND IT’S NOT ON DAK, HE’S TRYING! PLEASE!
LMAO. Suffer.

Adreme

Reaction score
Intellectually it doesn’t really matter! When was the last time you remember Dak coming up in these types of situations?? I don’t hate on Dak but the facts are that in big situations he usually fails! 2 playoff wins in 8 years, none in the 2nd round! I wish it were different, believe me!
Coming up big like having 178 pass yards in the 4th quarter despite the offensive line being offensively bad?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Atta boy, move those goalposts!

WAY better than saying, "I was wrong"!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Technically you moved the goal posts as you responding to a post outlining a scenario where a FG yesterday wasnt enough, unlike the Chargers game you were alluding to.

Indeed, you'll find that Dak has won games but scoring a game winning TD, but most were in 2016 and there was the more recent achievement against the 3-13 Texans.

Hadenough

Reaction score
"1st and goal at the 6"

Intellectually dishonest.

This is how you know someone's just being a SILLY LITTLE HATER and not a serious human being.
:laugh:

Did we run a play from the 6?

Or was there a false start before the snap that immediately pushed us back to the 11?

But saying "we needed 11 yards and Dak didn't get it done" isn't quite as juicy as saying "we needed 6 yards and Dak didn't get it done", is it?
:laugh:
He has a good point! The refs basically gift wrapped Dallas the football in the Red zone and Dak takes two sacks in a row. Yes there was a false start but it's times like this where true leadership seized the moment. Dak is a decent player but a dumb player. You cannot allow a sack much less two sacks. But we've seen this before.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He has a good point! The refs basically gift wrapped Dallas the football in the Red zone and Dak takes two sacks in a row. Yes there was a false start but it's times like this where true leadership seized the moment. Dak is a decent player but a dumb player. You cannot allow a sack much less two sacks. But we've seen this before.
The annoying part was that when he rolled out or scrambled he looked good. The added seconds he gave Tolbert to get open worked, so why then does he go back to sit in the pocket?

Cmac

Reaction score
Maybe, but the reality is that it's not going to improve, we cant change that (maybe outside of a 1st Rd pick, but we have other needs as well). None of this is about blame, it's a stark acceptance that this is it.
On that note, our 1st & 2nd picks appear to be projects right now. The draft room's most notable pick so far is a novelty pick......Deuce Vaughn. We need a Gordon Ramsey-type going in the draft room slamming computers, tablets, moving furniture, tossing notes, etc. Poor draft & no trades.......leaves us exactly who we are......stagnant and separated from having big moments in bigger games.

Reaction score
I’m NOT a Dak fan but this loss was not on him. He played well, certainly good enough to win, and his mobility (or his willingness to run) has improved, but again our red zone offense sucked — it that coaching or Dak?? WRT the playoffs, it is wide open now with SF regressing, and yes I realize Dak has not gotten it done in the playoffs but there are no clear favorites in the NFC.

Jarntt

Reaction score
We can say this or that lost the game for the Cowboys but AGAIN, it comes down to the QB making a play when you need it most and for some reason, Dak seems to always fall short and it’s not for lack of effort, he just doesn’t get it done. 1st and goal on the six to WIN the game and we don’t score? I partly blame Dak but mostly however in this spot, McCarthy you would think would have a golden play or 2 in the back of his head just for such a time in a big game. NOPE!!
Serious question, Did you even watch the game? We were in it because of Dak. He basically willed us to being in and coming back all game long. He tore their D apart all game long. If you want to blame him for something on that last drive make it the delay of game. No reason for that but I suspect blame might be shared by the sideline also. But attempting to criticize him for going 83 yards (penalty aided of course) in 46 seconds with no timeouts is just silly.