Dak Next Contract Idea (Sturm)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We have a QB but we don't have anything close to Rodgers or Ben. We could sign bortles in the off season and start him next year without missing a beat. There are plenty of average to below average guys who can produce similar stats here.
ROFL. Imagine being this darn goofy.
Bortles is no where near as good as Dak.
Not only is he 24-48 as a starting QB which is gross but he simply is a very poor starting QB.

Dak completes 5 more % of his passes,
Has a QB rating 15.5 points higher and throws far fewer INTs.

Bortles highest approximate value for any season is 14. That's lower than Dak has been in any season of his career.

As to Smith, the Skins paid that dude 71M GTD as his age which was crazy and traded to do so.

Decent or better QBs are very, very hard to find.
In the Commanders defense having Cousins didn't win them anything so hard to blame them for trying something else.
Tho the specifics of that something are very questionable.

As Sturm was trying to point out, only the very dumbest Cowboys fans are unable to appreciate the quality young QB we have in Dallas, warts and all.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has our world here gone bonkers??

100 million Guaranteed to dink and dunk Dak?
Man our expectation here have been lowered to new levels ....I would hope some are old enough to remember QB like Staubach, Troy Aikman , Danny White,Tony Romo guys who could throw the ball down field with Accuracy without it being a special Dak occasion.....jeez wake up folks Dak isn't worth league minimal....:eek:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and if Dak goes down we would be wishing we had sanchez. They didn't want to pay cousins but the vikings did and how is he doing there? They were right to sign smith, injuries cant be helped.
No that's not what happened. The Commanders were stupid and tried to lowball Cousins when he would've taken a favorable deal....in the long haul it worked for him but made the Commanders out to be idiots. The deal Cousins was trying to get with the Commanders was not the same deal the Vikings had to sign him for.

And if Dak gets hurt...I'd much rather throw Cooper Rush or even Mike White out there than Mark Sanchez. How Sanchez keeps getting jobs is beyond me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We have a QB but we don't have anything close to Rodgers or Ben. We could sign bortles in the off season and start him next year without missing a beat. There are plenty of average to below average guys who can produce similar stats here.
Bortles? Blake Bortles that just lost his job to Cody Kessler? Are you joking or trolling?Look, if you want to say Dak sucks....that's fine. But you'd rather have Blake Bortles than Dak? Have you seen Blake Borltes play?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His contract isn't up this year. Jerry has leverage also. There's no reason to even consider renegotiating an extention.

I'm not talking about after this season I'm talking after the next. I'm sure both parties are going to let him play next season without a extension but IMO, that's a mistake if the Cowboys want to bring him back. Their best bet is to sign him after this offseason because all signs point to him having a better year next year than he did this year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm a Dak fan, hopeful he gets better but $100M guaranteed?

Guaranteed?

Like, guaranteed, guaranteed?

Looks up "guarantee" to make sure I understand the exact definition and that it hasn't changed

No.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak signed that contract, the Cowboys would get a steal. He would never sign that contract. His agent has all the leverage.

Really LOL....where's he going to go and get more $$$$.....lol....amazing simply amazing .....fans won't even draft him on there fantasy teams and you think another team is going to dish out mega bucks for Dak:omg: .....disturbing stuff here dang....

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
This sounds good in theory, but the problem is that unless they win a Super Bowl in the next couple of years the fan base isn't going to be satisfied with, "Well yes Dak is the 19th best QB in the league but look on the bright side, he's only the 21st highest paid." This team would have to prove, in a hurry, that they can build a Super Bowl winning team with the QB as a complimentary piece.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Really LOL....where's he going to go and get more $$$$.....lol....amazing simply amazing .....fans won't even draft him on there fantasy teams and you think another team is going to dish out mega bucks for Dak:omg: .....disturbing stuff here dang....
He's on my fantasy team. My second Quarterback and has won me some games. I know you hate him but he is getting paid unless he turns into Mark Sanchez in these final 4 games.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Alex Smith Commanders $94,000,000 $23,500,000 $55,000,000 $13,750,000 58.5% 2023 UFA
I would expect something along these lines.
It's a more current signing and that has to be taken into account

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's on my fantasy team. My second Quarterback and has won me some games. I know you hate him but he is getting paid unless he turns into Mark Sanchez in these final 4 games.

Sorry bud but really don't HATE much out there including Dak.....what i find insulting to our great team is having this inept QB who's claim to fame is the dink and dunker whose being carried by the rest of talent on our team....think the word is Parasite......hike hike...and ya dream on bud sooner than you and the rest of the Dak-zoids would like he will hit the bench as he is unable to play the QB position.....need some arm talent for that I think????:eek:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Man it's going to happen but I'm going to have to barff
MV23.gif

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think 5 is too long. 3, $60 is more realistic and we look for another QB or that's all he has to prove he is a top 10 type QB....
4 years .....60m .....100% guaranteed and it starts next year

He gets paid a year early....gets set for life guarantees .....can re-do the deal in 3 years so it is really a 20m AAV

We get to extend the cap hits over several years to minimize damage

cern

Reaction score
He's auditioning for his contract. Still 4 more games to play this year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sorry bud but really don't HATE much out there including Dak.....what i find insulting to our great team is having this inept QB who's claim to fame is the dink and dunker whose being carried by the rest of talent on our team....think the word is Parasite......hike hike...and ya dream on bud sooner than you and the rest of the Dak-zoids would like he will hit the bench as he is unable to play the QB position.....need some arm talent for that I think????:eek:
Yeah Dak is a scrub with the third best record since he entered the league.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Unfortunately Dak hasn't shown he is a $100+ million QB. Let him play out his rookie contract and Kellen Moore will get Mike White ready to take over. That will buy 2-3 more seasons to get other players under contract. Trust me, it'll work.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Wanting to give Dak friggin Prescott 100 million guaranteed should put to bed the notion that this Sturm dude is intelligent.

He should have been smacked off the air.

Risen what is your QB plan, lay it out for the next few years. I’m curious.

Bob Sturm is the best cowboys writer since Vela, he puts in work. Let’s hear ideas from you

Last edited: