Dak no longer regressing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Always got a kick out of that one. A 3rd year QB regressing without an injury. Here is what Dak is doing during the win streak.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...mely-high-level-during-cowboys-winning-streak

Here are some highlights:

Dak Prescott in the 4th quarter and overtime:

17 for 20
243 yards
3 touchdowns
0 interceptions
156.9 passer rating

Amari Cooper has been everything that Dak Prescott has needed.
And the trend continues: (43) Nobody else has more than 36. Cowboys 2nd in league in 3rd down % since trade, too. They have destroyed 3rd downs for 6 straight games.

Dak Prescott leads the NFC in passing yards during Cowboys’ winning-streak.

It’s not because of dinking and dunking, either.
Dak Prescott is tied with Jared Goff and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the NFC lead with five touchdown passes of 40+ yards.

Last but not least, Dak Prescott has proven to be a clutch performer during his three seasons in the NFL. Prescott has also shown that he can win when the calendar turns to November.
Dak Prescott is 8-2 in his career in November and December road games.
His career record in the second half of the season improved to 15-6 today.

He is also pretty good when the game is on the line, too.
Most game-winning drives in NFL history, first 3 seasons
1. Russell Wilson - 15
2. Matt Ryan - 13
2. Dak Prescott - 13

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Always got a kick out of that one. A 3rd year QB regressing without an injury. Here is what Dak is doing during the win streak.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...mely-high-level-during-cowboys-winning-streak

Here are some highlights:

Dak Prescott in the 4th quarter and overtime:

17 for 20
243 yards
3 touchdowns
0 interceptions
156.9 passer rating

Amari Cooper has been everything that Dak Prescott has needed.
And the trend continues: (43) Nobody else has more than 36. Cowboys 2nd in league in 3rd down % since trade, too. They have destroyed 3rd downs for 6 straight games.

Dak Prescott leads the NFC in passing yards during Cowboys’ winning-streak.

It’s not because of dinking and dunking, either.
Dak Prescott is tied with Jared Goff and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the NFC lead with five touchdown passes of 40+ yards.

Last but not least, Dak Prescott has proven to be a clutch performer during his three seasons in the NFL. Prescott has also shown that he can win when the calendar turns to November.
Dak Prescott is 8-2 in his career in November and December road games.
His career record in the second half of the season improved to 15-6 today.

1. Russell Wilson - 15
2. Matt Ryan - 13
2. Dak Prescott - 13

Those first 3 qtrs can not be ignored though. That was down right pittiful. I'm glad he dug his way out of the hole he made.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those first 3 qtrs can not be ignored though. That was down right pittiful.

Horrid, aweful. I dont think anyone is ignoring them. But the last 2 quarters were more impressive because it was crunch time. And the fact that he played so bad and just turned it on is remarkable. It shows a mental makeup. It shows poise and leadership. At least you can admit that much?

Arent you at least a little bit excited that Dak came back after such bad play and did what he did? He was throwing dimes on those bombs. Isnt it nice to know that MAYBE Dak CAN throw a deep ball? Shouldnt that make you happy?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Horrid, aweful. I dont think anyone is ignoring them. But the last 2 quarters were more impressive because it was crunch time. And the fact that he played so bad and just turned it on is remarkable. It shows a mental makeup. It shows poise and leadership. At least you can admit that much?

Arent you at least a little bit excited that Dak came back after such bad play and did what he did? He was throwing dimes on those bombs. Isnt it nice to know that MAYBE Dak CAN throw a deep ball? Shouldnt that make you happy?
I have immense respect for Dak's ability to flip the switch and be elite when it matters most.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Definitely not regressing especially not this year. He regressed last year. but I've seen Improvement in every game this year. he's still not completely there yet but that's the beauty of him being young. His Drive will lead him to better his game I'm pretty sure.

Birdgang

Reaction score

1. Russell Wilson - 15
2. Matt Ryan - 13
2. Dak Prescott - 13

kinda a flawed stat and reliant on way more then just QB. How many times have you seen in last 5 mins of a game a team score too fast leaving time for an opponent to march tight back down again ? Also if the offense is good and blowing teams up .... it does not count or even Offense is doing great and D drops the ball . But hey everyone finds things to boost up players they like . Eye test is better imo . Dak does well most times .... Id still thank the players around him more

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Those first 3 qtrs can not be ignored though. That was down right pittiful. I'm glad he dug his way out of the hole he made.
Naw they can't be. But even as bad as some think Dak is.......those first 3 quarters were uncharacteristic for him. He doesn't throw that many picks and he definitely doesn't combine it with fumbles. That was the worst he can possibly play. If he ended the game like that I'd be worried. But if he does this again against a overachieving Colts defense......I might get a little worried.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
kinda a flawed stat and reliant on way more then just QB. How many times have you seen in last 5 mins of a game a team score too fast leaving time for an opponent to march tight back down again ? Also if the offense is good and blowing teams up .... it does not count or even Offense is doing great and D drops the ball . But hey everyone finds things to boost up players they like . Eye test is better imo . Dak does well most times .... Id still thank the players around him more

The players around him? Have you seen who he has playing offensive line? ITs equivalent to what the Eagles are throwing out there in the secondary. And up against Michael Bennett and Fletcher Cox?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, but I have no problem with his first three quarters going forward cause first, he cleaned it up in during the 4th period and second, it's not like the three turnovers were part of a pattern. In fact, the first interception ( more of a great defensive play than bad throw or read ) was his first in what 3-4 games? His ball security is the least of my concern. In fact, that 4th period reminded me 2016 Dak. I'm excited/anxious to see how much of that quarter is carried over to the Colts game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Naw they can't be. But even as bad as some think Dak is.......those first 3 quarters were uncharacteristic for him. He doesn't throw that many picks and he definitely doesn't combine it with fumbles. That was the worst he can possibly play. If he ended the game like that I'd be worried. But if he does this again against a overachieving Colts defense......I might get a little worried.

Exactly why I'm not at all concern.......ball security is his strength

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just me, but I have no problem with his first three quarters going forward cause first, he cleaned it up in during the 4th period and second, it's not like the three turnovers were part of a pattern. In fact, the first interception ( more of a great defensive play than bad throw or read ) was his first in what 3-4 games? His ball security is the least of my concern. In fact, that 4th period reminded me 2016 Dak. I'm excited/anxious to see how much of that quarter is carried over to the Colts game.

Well that's my stance too.....we know he has a fumbling issue which is concerning but my problem is that we are leaving points in that 1st quarter. We have a chance to step on some of these teams throats. We need to do it sooner rather than later. Aside from that, I'm not concerned unless this continues.

Birdgang

Reaction score
The players around him? Have you seen who he has playing offensive line? ITs equivalent to what the Eagles are throwing out there in the secondary. And up against Michael Bennett and Fletcher Cox?

its still better then a bunch of teams right now . But that could also be because of Zeke and Daks abilities. DOnt dicount how far that can take you . Example vikings : last year with a more mobile QB Keenum vs this year Statue Cpt Kirk . btw has nothing to do with Eagles or its secondary. All teams have injuries some worse then others. I thought Cowboys did very well is adding depth vs last couple years

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
its still better then a bunch of teams right now . But that could also be because of Zeke and Daks abilities. DOnt dicount how far that can take you . Example vikings : last year with a more mobile QB Keenum vs this year Statue Cpt Kirk . btw has nothing to do with Eagles or its secondary. All teams have injuries some worse then others. I thought Cowboys did very well is adding depth vs last couple years

Ehh....I think in this league the difference between a poor offensive line and a average one isn't much. The difference between a great offensive line and a average one is drastic. I think this offensive line is closer to average than it is great. We are getting some guys overachieving like Looney but even him overachieving is not Fredericks. But this line could be worse especially with Tyron struggling and Martin struggling this past game. Both seem to be hurt.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Ehh....I think in this league the difference between a poor offensive line and a average one isn't much. The difference between a great offensive line and a average one is drastic. I think this offensive line is closer to average than it is great. We are getting some guys overachieving like Looney but even him overachieving is not Fredericks. But this line could be worse especially with Tyron struggling and Martin struggling this past game. Both seem to be hurt.

but thats all that is needed when you have players like Zeke and Coop. Dak as well being able to scramble around . Id actually like to see what a proper QB coach could do with him. It leaves money better spent elsewhere like the D thats been lacking years past. The other problem is when a position group is great you have to worry about $$ , FA , teams will poach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You could play both sides of the coin on that one. How many times did he bring them down for the winning score ONLY for the D to lose it for them? Rogers in the playoff game comes to mind. Those winning drives dont count. Dak won the game 4 times for Dallas on Sunday night. Only one counted because the D caved or the center bumbled the snap.

And what did some tell you the first half of the year? That Dak was playing so poorly because a QB needs better players around him.

Reaction score
Nobody can question his improved play since Coopers arrival. He has been very good overall.

Ball security still needs to be addressed. It is a real problem. And his accuracy is nowhere near where it should be. Micheal Gallup would be having a huge rookie season if Prescott would just hit him with some throws.

So lots to work on. But Prescott is trending upwards and we can all be thankful for that.

Reaction score
If you score more in first 3 Qtrs you don’t need 4th Qtr comebacks
Just saying, got to fix our red zone offense
Fix that and you won’t need to comeback
Red zone is a real problem as well. You won't win in the playoffs kicking field goals.

I blame 75% on Garrett/Linehan and 25% Prescott for these problems.