Dak no longer regressing

JReed1000

Reaction score
If you score more in first 3 Qtrs you don’t need 4th Qtr comebacks
Just saying, got to fix our red zone offense
Fix that and you won’t need to comeback

Yeah cause Romo never sucked for 3 quarters...he sat out every 4th quarter because of humongous leads.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't know how you can say that. He leads all NFL QB in fumbles.

He's ok on interceptions. But fumbles are a real problems that must be fixed.

He also leads the NFL in sacks.......I'm guessing plays a huge part of the fumbling issue. Other words, fumbling issue is correctable. If he led the NFL in interceptions, good lord that would scare me to death.

Reaction score
He also leads the NFL in sacks.......I'm guessing plays a huge part of the fumbling issue. Other words, fumbling issue is correctable. If he led the NFL in interceptions, good lord that would scare me to death.
I agree, it is correctable.

And they must correct it now. Playing on the road in the playoffs against really good teams you have to play mistake-free ball. These type of mistakes will kill you.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Regressing is what he has done. Improving is getting more of his 4th quarter/rookie play throughout a game, not just in the final 15 minutes. No?

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah cause Romo never sucked for 3 quarters...he sat out every 4th quarter because of humongous leads.
Who mentioned romo?
Need flash
Romo is not on the team
If your fine with getting in the red zone and kicking FG’s that your prerogative

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Red zone is a real problem as well. You won't win in the playoffs kicking field goals.

I blame 75% on Garrett/Linehan and 25% Prescott for these problems.

Zeke isnt getting in either do you blame him?

waving monkey

Reaction score
Always got a kick out of that one. A 3rd year QB regressing without an injury. Here is what Dak is doing during the win streak.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...mely-high-level-during-cowboys-winning-streak

Here are some highlights:

Dak Prescott in the 4th quarter and overtime:

17 for 20
243 yards
3 touchdowns
0 interceptions
156.9 passer rating

Amari Cooper has been everything that Dak Prescott has needed.
And the trend continues: (43) Nobody else has more than 36. Cowboys 2nd in league in 3rd down % since trade, too. They have destroyed 3rd downs for 6 straight games.

Dak Prescott leads the NFC in passing yards during Cowboys’ winning-streak.

It’s not because of dinking and dunking, either.
Dak Prescott is tied with Jared Goff and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the NFC lead with five touchdown passes of 40+ yards.

Last but not least, Dak Prescott has proven to be a clutch performer during his three seasons in the NFL. Prescott has also shown that he can win when the calendar turns to November.
Dak Prescott is 8-2 in his career in November and December road games.
His career record in the second half of the season improved to 15-6 today.

He is also pretty good when the game is on the line, too.
Most game-winning drives in NFL history, first 3 seasons
1. Russell Wilson - 15
2. Matt Ryan - 13
2. Dak Prescott - 13

so Dak can throw a long completed pass?
If we get the Oline back to 2016 Dak will be much better then this.
I dont anticipate him him as good as Mahomes or even Goff but he can get us to the promise land.

GenoT

Reaction score
As long as the defense, Zeke, and Amari play at a high level, Dak can afford to drop a turd early and then flip on the “clutch” switch late in games.

While this approach might work in the regular season vs underachieving, injury-decimated opponents, such as Philly, it won’t work for long in the postseason.

Dak may not be regressing but, as far as his being a dependably consistent QB (please reread: “dependably consistent”), he also doesn’t appear to be progressing much.

kskboys

Reaction score
Red zone is a real problem as well. You won't win in the playoffs kicking field goals.

I blame 75% on Garrett/Linehan and 25% Prescott for these problems.
Yeah, some is definitely on Dak, but I agree w/ your percentages.

The thing is, we don't change anything. We just keep running the same stupid plays in the red zone, and they keep not working. Which monkey is calling plays this week?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
so Dak can throw a long completed pass?
If we get the Oline back to 2016 Dak will be much better then this.
I dont anticipate him him as good as Mahomes or even Goff but he can get us to the promise land.

Mahones is unreal. Goff is a product of his surroundings for the most part, Dak not as good throwing the ball, but probably a better leader. Clutch we will have to see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ehh....I think in this league the difference between a poor offensive line and a average one isn't much. The difference between a great offensive line and a average one is drastic. I think this offensive line is closer to average than it is great. We are getting some guys overachieving like Looney but even him overachieving is not Fredericks. But this line could be worse especially with Tyron struggling and Martin struggling this past game. Both seem to be hurt.

The only way the line gets worse is if Martin cant play. It only takes ONE bad pass block to screw up an entire drive.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Exactly why I'm not at all concern.......ball security is his strength
He’s really good at not throwing it away much, but he’s very careless with the ball in the pocket and that’s something that needs to be cleaned up.