Dak no longer regressing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Numbers only bare that out with Cooper though. His passer rating is the same for everyone else and he is still taking sacks and fumbling the ball at a rate of once per game since Cooper arrived.

Again you show that you don't understand how the offense works together.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Numbers only bare that out with Cooper though. His passer rating is the same for everyone else and he is still taking sacks and fumbling the ball at a rate of once per game since Cooper arrived.
I'm not considering the numbers. I'm going by what you can see when he throws the ball. It used to be that you only saw him throw once the receiver was open by a fairly wide margin. Now, you often see him throw the ball before the receiver has even made his cut. Regardless of the rate of receptions, that's an improvement. It shows trust in himself and his receivers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not considering the numbers. I'm going by what you can see when he throws the ball. It used to be that you only saw him throw once the receiver was open by a fairly wide margin. Now, you often see him throw the ball before the receiver has even made his cut. Regardless of the rate of receptions, that's an improvement. It shows trust in himself and his receivers.

Improvement? Are you actually insinuating that Dak didn't know how to throw with anticipation before Cooper got here?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
kinda a flawed stat and reliant on way more then just QB. How many times have you seen in last 5 mins of a game a team score too fast leaving time for an opponent to march tight back down again ? Also if the offense is good and blowing teams up .... it does not count or even Offense is doing great and D drops the ball . But hey everyone finds things to boost up players they like . Eye test is better imo . Dak does well most times .... Id still thank the players around him more
And some people find anything to bring a player down. Like you. When it goes bad, it’s Dak’s fault. When we win, it’s the teams fault. Hate on bro.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
and with some when it goes bad it's everybody but dak, and when it goes good it's because of dak. see how that work.
It's the defense and zeke getting the runs because of cooper.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You do not seem to understand confirmation bias and how data protects you from it.

Like I said, you don't understand football or the QB position.

You would be the first genius to have a QB stat for "sacks allowed". LOL

pansophy

Reaction score
Like I said, you don't understand football or the QB position.

You would be the first genius to have a QB stat for "sacks allowed". LOL
You mean like leading the league in being sacked and fumbles while having the 8th longest time to throw? Like that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
/
You mean like leading the league in being sacked and fumbles while having the 8th longest time to throw? Like that?

LOL...…..still holding onto that "time until he throws" stat for dear life eh?

Now there is a stat for QB's "being sacked"? Too funny. The real term for it is "Sacks allowed". And it pertains to the Oline.

Here is some data confirmation for you:

Dak Prescott in the 4th quarter and overtime:

17 for 20
243 yards
3 touchdowns
0 interceptions
156.9 passer rating

Amari Cooper has been everything that Dak Prescott has needed.
And the trend continues: (43) Nobody else has more than 36. Cowboys 2nd in league in 3rd down % since trade, too. They have destroyed 3rd downs for 6 straight games.

Dak Prescott leads the NFC in passing yards during Cowboys’ winning-streak.

It’s not because of dinking and dunking, either.
Dak Prescott is tied with Jared Goff and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the NFC lead with five touchdown passes of 40+ yards.

Last but not least, Dak Prescott has proven to be a clutch performer during his three seasons in the NFL. Prescott has also shown that he can win when the calendar turns to November.
Dak Prescott is 8-2 in his career in November and December road games.
His career record in the second half of the season improved to 15-6 today.

He is also pretty good when the game is on the line, too.
Most game-winning drives in NFL history, first 3 seasons
1. Russell Wilson - 15
2. Matt Ryan - 13
2. Dak Prescott - 13

pansophy

Reaction score
/

LOL...…..still holding onto that "time until he throws" stat for dear life eh?

Now there is a stat for QB's "being sacked"? Too funny. The real term for it is "Sacks allowed". And it pertains to the Oline.

Here is some data confirmation for you:

Dak Prescott in the 4th quarter and overtime:

17 for 20
243 yards
3 touchdowns
0 interceptions
156.9 passer rating

Amari Cooper has been everything that Dak Prescott has needed.
And the trend continues: (43) Nobody else has more than 36. Cowboys 2nd in league in 3rd down % since trade, too. They have destroyed 3rd downs for 6 straight games.

Dak Prescott leads the NFC in passing yards during Cowboys’ winning-streak.

It’s not because of dinking and dunking, either.
Dak Prescott is tied with Jared Goff and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the NFC lead with five touchdown passes of 40+ yards.

Last but not least, Dak Prescott has proven to be a clutch performer during his three seasons in the NFL. Prescott has also shown that he can win when the calendar turns to November.
Dak Prescott is 8-2 in his career in November and December road games.
His career record in the second half of the season improved to 15-6 today.

He is also pretty good when the game is on the line, too.
Most game-winning drives in NFL history, first 3 seasons
1. Russell Wilson - 15
2. Matt Ryan - 13
2. Dak Prescott - 13
Yep A+. Now tell me his stats for quarters 1-3. Hard to argue he is consistent. We should have been blowing out the Saints and Eagles and instead we needed some 4th quarter heroics, which Dak certainly provided.

I have seen Dak throw outside the numbers down field more, which should eventually force teams to stop stacking the box. Considering Zeke is the NFL leading rusher and no rusher faces a higher percentage of 8-men in the box, Dak should have an easier time passing than most.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep A+. Now tell me his stats for quarters 1-3. Hard to argue he is consistent. We should have been blowing out the Saints and Eagles and instead we needed some 4th quarter heroics, which Dak certainly provided.

I have seen Dak throw outside the numbers down field more, which should eventually force teams to stop stacking the box. Considering Zeke is the NFL leading rusher and no rusher faces a higher percentage of 8-men in the box, Dak should have an easier time passing than most.

So now the first 3 quarters are more important then 4th quarter and overtime?

There are stats all in there for the 5 game win streak and since Dak has been in the NFL.

DATA COMFIMATION!!!!:yourock::dance:

pansophy

Reaction score
So now the first 3 quarters are more important then 4th quarter and overtime?

There are stats all in there for the 5 game win streak and since Dak has been in the NFL.

DATA COMFIMATION!!!!:yourock::dance:
You argue like my wife. Do you even remember the point I made that started this pointless back and forth? If you did you would realize how ridiculous your comment above is. It proves my point.

renny

Reaction score
The players around him? Have you seen who he has playing offensive line? ITs equivalent to what the Eagles are throwing out there in the secondary. And up against Michael Bennett and Fletcher Cox
Dak haters don't care, he's the only who can't have an excuse.