Dak now knows what Romo had to deal with

lockster

Reaction score
Ro
Yep.

Anybody who thinks Tony, or Troy or Roger would've been able to beat Atlanta with that pass rush is just as wrong as anybody who believes Dak, or Troy or Roger would've beaten Minnesota in the Divisional playoff game in 2009.
troy u might be right. Roger, I think he might have pulled it off!

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Wait until the Cowboys Oline is built out of 4th-7th rounders and undrafted FA's. Wait until the plan is to have your QB drop back and throw 40 times per game with the aforementioned Oline. Wait until everybody on this board turns on him and can't wait for the next guy. Then Dak will get a taste.....
I’ve probably never rooted for an individual as hard as I did for Romo and Dirk. They both got so much crap they didn’t deserve from fans and media alike. Romo for being the QB for the Cowboys and Dirk for being a white big, who didn’t post people up. Dirk was able to get those doubters off his back and I’ll always hate it for Romo that he never did.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Plus this 2017 team is much better than what Tony had from 2009 to 2013. No question about it.
We even were 12-4 in 2014 and Sean Lee didn’t play a snap, we are 0-5 without him since.

Romo hid a lot of the problems we had back then and it really sucks that he gets the blame for not winning in January, I guess that’s the way it goes and fair or not Dak should know that he will get the blame as well.

Not a jab at Dak btw, I really like him but he ain’t no Romo, at least not yet.
Great post. Feel the same way. Not anti Dak but he's no Romo

Reactions: Coy

Staubacher

Reaction score
This wasn't meant to be a Dak vs Romo thread I believe.

QB hasn't been our problem - coaching and Jerrah has.

Now the league is in freefall, Jerrah has the league mad at him and the refs acting out. The Cowboys aren't even a fun team to watch with the poor gameplanning and inconsistent execution.

It's a good thing my interest in the NFL is waning...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Romo never got sacked 8 times in a game did he?

This was a jailbreak of epic proportions. Could have easily been 10-12 sacks.
Number of sacks isn't really fair, because Tony was way better at getting the ball out quickly than Dak is right now.

He was sacked 7 times in a game though - and won.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo never got sacked 8 times in a game did he?

This was a jailbreak of epic proportions. Could have easily been 10-12 sacks.

I don't think they ever got him 8....can't remember. But he had plenty of games where he'd have been sacked even more if he hadn't been so elusive.

Dak does it by being big, strong, and pretty quick, and Romo did it with great presence and ability to just make guys miss some how.

Thankfully for Dak he doesn't have to deal with sub par O-line play for years on end.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Romo did have it bad. But Romo didn't have to play with Chaz Green. I doubt Romo couldn't do much with such a great handicap as him.

QT

Reaction score
Romo did have it bad. But Romo didn't have to play with Chaz Green. I doubt Romo couldn't do much with such a great handicap as him.

No but Romo had to play with guys like Phil Costa and that one rookie tackle that had a Dad on this message forum. Forgot his name.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Question is, will Garrett totally waste Dak's career like he did Romo's?
He already is.
The Green Bay playoff game last year was the first instance of wasting Daks career they should have been in the NFC Championship Game but with Garrett and his staff and yes the Jones boys they were one and done .
Now it looks like year two is going to be wasted.
so can Dak overcome Garrett and Lenahan and all the other stuff who knows maybe he can but it's unlikely.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Number of sacks isn't really fair, because Tony was way better at getting the ball out quickly than Dak is right now.

He was sacked 7 times in a game though - and won.

This is a joke right? Tony just fell down if a guy came at him free

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Coaching makes a difference.
Just think if we could have borrowed Bill Belichick for the last two Green Bay playoff games do you think we would have worn them?
I think we would have won in 2014 and in 2016 with bill coaching our team and coming up with a game plan.
Everything else the same players opponent just a different head coach.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tony didn't fall down in his first two years.
Tony was just a scrambling dude and had great spin move.
young Tony was actually better than Dak.
Old Tony did fall down at times,
Can't blame him, bad coaching allowed a lot of guys coming free.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I mean maybe the last two or three years after his back was injured he did from time to time.

But I'm not even sure what this has to do, at all, with my post.

WhizKid

Reaction score

Towards the end of his career where he was getting freak injuries and becoming shell-shocked. But his earlier days showed him extending plays and avoiding sacks like Houdini.

diefree666

Reaction score

wow such ignorance. What year did Tony humiliate JJ Watt?

Clearly someone who is a troll and no cowboy fan or if so only in the last year

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Show me these plays and how often this happened, please.

It's funny, we have some people who say Romo would never go down or throw the ball away and we have this random poster saying Romo would just fall down. I love revisionist history once a player leaves the league.