Dak now knows what Romo had to deal with

kevm3

Reaction score
Unlike Romo though, Dak hasn't signed the rest of his career with us. He has the option of leaving if things dont change

diefree666

Reaction score
Unlike Romo though, Dak hasn't signed the rest of his career with us. He has the option of leaving if things dont change

and Romo ended up very close with Jerry and family which certainly was a factor.

Dak needs to keep his options open. By the time Jerry is talking extension he will have to make a decision.

Romo ended up getting pretty much broken due to Jerry's ineptitude at rebuilding the O line; took years longer than it should have.

Dak needs to look at the rest of the team and see how things go there. And of course he has to evaluate the coaching staff as well.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The chances of Dak leaving when his contract is up, are slim to none......

Dak is a lifelong Cowboys fan. The cowboys will be willing to pay him what he is worth contract wise.

He isn’t going anywhere.

diefree666

Reaction score

Dak is a lifelong Cowboys fan. The cowboys will be willing to pay him what he is worth contract wise.

He isn’t going anywhere.

NEVER say never. If by the time he has to make a decision we still have not won a playoff game....

DFWJC

Reaction score

He isn’t going anywhere.
Probably true.
I'd bet big on him staying
But you know what they say about "never"

kevm3

Reaction score
and Romo ended up very close with Jerry and family which certainly was a factor.

Dak needs to keep his options open. By the time Jerry is talking extension he will have to make a decision.

Romo ended up getting pretty much broken due to Jerry's ineptitude at rebuilding the O line; took years longer than it should have.

Dak needs to look at the rest of the team and see how things go there. And of course he has to evaluate the coaching staff as well.

Romo suffered from Jerry's love affair with Garrett as well as the Jones led FO who keeps putting the team in rebuild mode every other year. Philly rebuilt their team in a couple of years while we sent ours back into rebuild mode by letting nearly our whole starting secondary walk. Looks like Dak is going to have to suffer defensively until 3 years later when we finally have a decent defense, but by then some other unit will need rebuilding.

kevm3

Reaction score

He isn’t going anywhere.

In most cases, I don't think he'd leave, but if he sees that his career might be wasted here by Jerry refusing to change the coaching staff if we continue to be stuck in mediocrity, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves his options open. I also can see that he might pick up on some of the disrespectful things the organization has done to him, like for example when Zeke and our starters were benched in game 16 against Philly, for some odd reason he was still out there playing. Against Atl, he's getting blasted, but the coaches can't figure out that Chaz may need some help. In this very same game that Dak is getting blasted and the game is out of reach, we keep him out there on the field. Overall, I think Dak will stay, but I'm not going to chalk this up as a foregone conclusion.

HungryLion

Reaction score
In most cases, I don't think he'd leave, but if he sees that his career might be wasted here by Jerry refusing to change the coaching staff if we continue to be stuck in mediocrity, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves his options open. I also can see that he might pick up on some of the disrespectful things the organization has done to him, like for example when Zeke and our starters were benched in game 16 against Philly, for some odd reason he was still out there playing. Against Atl, he's getting blasted, but the coaches can't figure out that Chaz may need some help. In this very same game that Dak is getting blasted and the game is out of reach, we keep him out there on the field. Overall, I think Dak will stay, but I'm not going to chalk this up as a foregone conclusion.

Well. If he doesn’t sign his first year of free agency, he is getting franchise tagged. So we have 3 more seasons to find out.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

He isn’t going anywhere.
Yeah I know that players usually sign with team that drafts them.
It will depend on what other team might need him, and be a contender with him.
Also will Dallas get past div round in the next few years??
Odds are he stays, but it is
possible he might bail if he wants the ring.