Dak on contract talks: "I know both sides are working"

Nav22

Reaction score
Who fired Jimmy?
For all of your laughing you understand so little.
Jerry was lucky to have been able to get Jimmy Johnson. He was already a great coach.
Then Jerry wanted to take all of the credit.
And since Jimmy left the Cowboys have gone downhill on a steady pace.
Like I said, you wouldn't understand. You haven't got a clue.
Didn't you bring up the '70s when trying to prove Jerry has ruined the "most prolific team in sports"????

Ruined them by hiring a HOF coach and winning 3 Super Bowls??? After buying the team in 1989 fresh off of a 3-13 season???

You should just leave now.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

J_Allen

Reaction score
Week six 2016. I just looked it up.
I don't remember that **** at all but there are so many Ebbs and flows with this team and my enthusiasm took a nose dive during the Garrett years. When's the last time we won six games in a row? Even five?

leeblair

Reaction score
One can only wonder how many will start threads stating that they are disgusted and leaving the forum?

I recall somebody doing that after the Niners loss but I just can't seem to remember the poor soul that did that.....

No matter, at least they kept their word of honor and never had the hypocrisy of returning.
There is a difference between leaving the Cowboys and leaving the forum.
But you guys hope to get rid of dissenting opinions so that you can turn the forum into your own "Dak love" site.
There are other forums that you guys would enjoy much more, I think. There are alternative lifestyle forums out there for you to gush about Dak as much as you like.

leeblair

Reaction score
Didn't you bring up the '70s when trying to prove Jerry has ruined the "most prolific team in sports"????

Ruined them by hiring a HOF coach and winning 3 Super Bowls??? After buying the team in 1989 fresh off of a 3-13 season???

You should just leave now.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Since 1995 the Cowboys fans have endured one embarrassment after another.
Yes, Jerry has turned the Cowboys into a joke.

stiletto

Reaction score
There is a difference between leaving the Cowboys and leaving the forum.
But you guys hope to get rid of dissenting opinions so that you can turn the forum into your own "Dak love" site.
There are other forums that you guys would enjoy much more, I think. There are alternative lifestyle forums out there for you to gush about Dak as much as you like.
If you pay the Legion of Fans thing, you'll be good.

I'd rather they offer some kind of volunteer monthly donation goal though. Would gladly tip in and maybe more than they'd expect because I HATE subscription things.

This board is actually worthy of my $$ in many respects, quite frankly. It's held on tough to the new platforms. I respect it a lot.

There's nothing but Rocky's and America's Cowboy cheerleaders on new social media. At least here we can interact with some old school thinking...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't remember that **** at all but there are so many Ebbs and flows with this team and my enthusiasm took a nose dive during the Garrett years. When's the last time we won six games in a row? Even five?
I’ve been a fan since the 60s military overseas all you could get was the Cowboys. I live in New England near Gillette Stadium. Not a Brady fan.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I’ve been a fan since the 60s military overseas all you could get was the Cowboys. I live in New England near Gillette Stadium. Not a Brady fan.
If people could jump teams I would have a long time ago but it's just in my blood. Imagine how much fun that would have been being a Patriots fan as this team struggled with The Clapper and Dave Campo and Wade phillips.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you pay the Legion of Fans thing, you'll be good.

I'd rather they offer some kind of volunteer monthly donation goal though. Would gladly tip in and maybe more than they'd expect because I HATE subscription things.

This board is actually worthy of my $$ in many respects, quite frankly. It's held on tough to the new platforms. I respect it a lot.

There's nothing but Rocky's and America's Cowboy cheerleaders on new social media. At least here we can interact with some old school thinking...
More insults.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys extend Dak I am done with them.
I watched them pay Marion Barber and waste Tashard Choice, and watched Jerry coddle Garrett for 13 years.
I'm done with them if they extend Dak.
I’ll just hang around to laugh at his minions and post Deer Eyes when he inevitably screws the Pooch again ! Should be 8/9 times per year

plymkr

Reaction score
If the Cowboys extend Dak I am done with them.
I watched them pay Marion Barber and waste Tashard Choice, and watched Jerry coddle Garrett for 13 years.
I'm done with them if they extend Dak.
I don’t know if I’d be “done” with them but I would take a step back as far as my emotional investment. Probably not for the reasons people would think. I wouldn’t be mad we resign one of the worst playoff QBs in NFL history (even though it’s not his fault it’s the other 53 members on the team, Dak played perfectly and everyone else was wrong).

For me it’s not even about Dak anymore. If they resign Dak now it shows me that Jerry and Stephen do not want to win regardless of what they say. Dak and CD could/should have been resigned in March if the plan all along was to keep them. Signing them in March we could have manipulated the salary cap and signed some players to help the run defense. This putting off signing contracts and their way of doing things is so frustrating that it’s making me start to resent Jerry and Stephen.

plymkr

Reaction score
Lee, you can become disinterested and walk away from the team for a bit but you'll never be able to hand in your fandom. You'll always look to see what is going on. Don't lie.

I get that you feel that time is being wasted but let's be honest. You won't turn your back completely on the Cowboys. None of us do, that's just bravado.

If Dak signs, it is what it is. No reason to run away anymore than these "Other Man's Jersey" wearers if their guy doesn't remain with the team. They'll find another jersey to buy and guy's boot to lick. LOL!!
That’s what I’m talking about. My interest level and emotional investment will decrease. I’ll watch but with the expectation of a preseason game. Because it doesn’t matter due to once the playoffs start our team does become a preseason team. What’s the point of getting excited about beating Washington and New York. I’d think I’d be more interested in hoping SF doesn’t win the Super Bowl or the Chiefs not threepeating.

plymkr

Reaction score
Bigger than Jerry letting Jimmy walk out the door?
No this would be a close 2nd. If the goal is to win the Super Bowl then don’t resign a guy that doesn’t win playoff games. This would be a sign to me Jerry doesn’t want to win the Super Bowl. Because even if he does believe Dak can win in the playoffs he could have done the extension in March and had cap relief to sign FAs.

If they do this no one can convince me Jerry and Stephen want to win a Super Bowl.