Dak on deal with Cowboys "I'm definitely confident."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The screen was for Beasley.. Dez was supposed to block the defender. You are even more blind than Dak, which is pretty bad..
I know the screen was for Beasley. I'm trying to figure out why is Dez running a route there or is that half *** attempt a block?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah it's not like he could go as far back as...Prescott's last game for more evidence of horrific QB play :facepalm:
I agree so I dont' know what's the point of going back to 2017....maybe you know? What's the point? BTW, you deleted I but I saw your post. Guess the delete button wasn't fast enough.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While I can respect the optimism I think you're giving Jerry too much credit on his abilities to manage the cap and sign free agents. This is a pretty good drafting team most years, but we can realistically only expect 1-2 starters at best there, and with a coaching staff all on 1 year deals do we have alignment on what we are looking for? Do you give Zimmer the guys he wants knowing that he could be gone for 2025? I hope I'm wrong, this just feels like an extremely mismanaged offseason and we've not even gotten into the heart of it yet.
Exactly! Wait until Free Agency and the draft before coming to your negative conclusions.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak Prescott said:
“I’m definitely confident. Obviously it helps the team. It’s important for the numbers.
Only time will tell just how well the final numbers shall actually 'help' the team. '504 Gateway Timeout' will be greeting members coming to the site if negotiated terms end up not being beneficial.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Exactly! Wait until Free Agency and the draft before coming to your negative conclusions.
I'm good with that, but I'm also not going to pretend it's all sunshine and rainbows today. If Jerry surprises me over the next month I have no problems singing his praises and hopping back on the Cowboy hype train. Until he does actually go out and improve this football team the fans should show their feelings.

Chasing6

Reaction score
daknoo.0.gif

Mr. Stare Down Run the Offense
Nice block Dez.

Swagger

Reaction score
I agree so I dont' know what's the point of going back to 2017....maybe you know? What's the point? BTW, you deleted I but I saw your post. Guess the delete button wasn't fast enough.
I didn't delete my post. I have nothing to hide. It was removed as was yours for whatever reason.

I think the poster is highlighting that Prescott made the same mistakes on that play in 2017 that he did last season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't delete my post. I have nothing to hide. It was removed as was yours for whatever reason.

I think the poster is highlighting that Prescott made the same mistakes on that play in 2017 that he did last season.
But his mistake there was Dez not blocking his man if it's truly a screen. I mean it was a poor pass but it should'v been incomplete not an interception.

Zman5

Reaction score
He said "That is a process". That made me hurl the Italian sub I had for lunch.
Ok. That's it. It's time to move on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Receivers can't block downfield until the pass is completed. The defender read Dak perfectly and jumped the screen, Dez had no chance to block him.

I thought everyone knew that...
Let me show you with visuals what I mean....

There are ways you run your route or shield your corner. That was piss poor effort on Dez and a poor throw to Beasley. In his rookie season btw, but go off lol.

Swagger

Reaction score
But his mistake there was Dez not blocking his man if it's truly a screen. I mean it was a poor pass but it should'v been incomplete not an interception.
Fair enough. But to be fair to Dez he saved quite of lot of potential interceptions from errant throws by Prescott. Maybe they weren't on the same page for whatever reason but Dez did Dak a solid on numerous other occasions whilst to balance it out Dez dropped a few passes that resulted in unnecessary interceptions as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fair enough. But to be fair to Dez he saved quite of lot of potential interceptions from errant throws by Prescott. Maybe they weren't on the same page for whatever reason but Dez did Dak a solid on numerous other occasions whilst to balance it out Dez dropped a few passes that resulted in unnecessary interceptions as well.
Dez and Dak both hurt each other from what I remember. I guess you could blame Dak but he seemed to have much more success with Brice Butler and Beasley and Witten.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Let me show you with visuals what I mean....

There are ways you run your route or shield your corner. That was piss poor effort on Dez and a poor throw to Beasley. In his rookie season btw, but go off lol.

What could Dez have done on the specific play you commented on? He did exactly what he was supposed to do. Took a hard step off the los to try and sell that he was running a route and hopefully draw the defender or at least make him hesitate. The defender was lined up inside of Dez and immediately read the play. He was past Dez and in the backfield as the ball was leaving Dak's hand. What could Dez have done differently on THAT play and not get flagged for OPI or illegal block downfield? The answer is, nothing.

That was 100% on the QB for not reading that from the start and either changing the play or calling a timeout.

Making that play about Dez is as agenda driven as it gets.