Twitter: Dak on GMA

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Nothing sad about it.

I appreciated his rookie season like all of you. I was even proven wrong on my initial evaluation of him.

But I doubt him still mainly because his rookie season was such an outlier. Simple logic says he will take a step back as teams prepare to deal with him. And I am sure he is doing his gosh darned hardest to keep that from happening.

I just happen to believe that my urging will impact his play one way or the other.

Just as the CBoys and their coaches will prepare for teams to counter that.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
He has broken Bill Parcells QB Commandment #11.

11. Don’t be a celebrity QB – we don’t need any of those. We need battlefield commanders that are willing to fight it out, every day, every week and every season and lead their team to win after win after win.

This. This is not good.
Assuming you're being sarcastic? His reason for being GMA has a purpose that is near and dear to his heart. He's not being a celebrity QB.

CWR

Reaction score
That is the weird part. His zen appears to be in the Russell Wilson range.

Well hes earned that optimism with his approach to the game and his ability to lead. I dont think its weird or misplaced. Dak has all the tools.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
personally I don't see anything wrong with what Dak is doing if the cowboys don't win it wont be because of the qb

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
He has broken Bill Parcells QB Commandment #11.

11. Don’t be a celebrity QB – we don’t need any of those. We need battlefield commanders that are willing to fight it out, every day, every week and every season and lead their team to win after win after win.

This. This is not good.

So what!

Bill could not coach today's athletes.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's clearly concerned about everything but football. He needs to be working to prove the ppl saying he was a fluke wrong, but he's doing everything but that.

'Fraid we might have a case of too much too soon on our hands here.
Stick to hockey. If an NFL player can't handle the attention, he has no business being in the league. Even the last guy o the practice squad gets treated like royalty.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hopefully he does not hook up with Jessica Simpson either.
Well, Dak was dating Playboy Playmate/model Dallas Nicole Parks

dak-prescott-girlfriend-twitter-hacked.jpg

Dak broke up with Parks

and Romo broke up with Simpson

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIizT4hkMcBJpfbvFafH4Aay4ZHgWuM_zY9nQ4N_yV2aKgBi31

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Actually, it did not turn out "okay" if you look at it.

I know it is like talking about the dead, but Romo did violate some of these rules. And if you look back on his career, well, that explains a lot.

Well - good thing Peyton Manning kept a low profile and never became a celebrity QB. Can you imagine what his career would've been if he started doing commercials?

Oh the humanity!

Lutonio

Reaction score
Making an appearance on a morning show during the dark of the off season regarding cancer awareness is hardly jetting off to Mexico on a bye week during the playoffs.

Why are we holding Parcells in such a high spot here? Isn't his time in Dallas largely considered a disappointment?

When Dak struggles this year (and he will at times) I won't be looking back to this moment and lamenting a lack of focus in June.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all fairness. I would really love it if people on this board would stop referencing mantras of our old coaches. Parcels had a point. Back in his day. Unfourtunatley this isn't his day anymore. The media is way bigger and more involved in everything teams do. Especially the Cowboys. Jimmy Johnson bill parcells would have had to come to terms with that fact or watch the game pass them by..
This is a good point. Jimmy and Tuna didn't have to deal with social media and all that comes with it. Different times.