Twitter: Dak on his contract: "Sure, I'm deserving"

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
You might wanna try looking at official NFL stats before smugly thinking you're correct based on some cartoon looking garbage site. Just sayin'.
You and the rest of these lacky's need to get your heads out of Mountaineers arse.. Just sayin :muttley:

RoboQB

Reaction score
You and the rest of these lacky's need to get your heads out of Mountaineers arse.. Just sayin :muttley:
Just an observer.
If you're gonna be calling people out on things,
you better be right. You're wrong, in this case.
Own it. Learn. And try again.

Don't be like the guy who thinks negative runs don't count in stats. Don't be that guy. (Yes, that really happened here.)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Total rebuild. I feel the alternative to not paying Dak is blow up the team and reboot with a different core group of guys. I wonder if that is part of the discussion behind the scenes.

If they do sign Dak to an extension then I will believe with full confidence that our organization is completely worthless and has no plan. Any faith I had in the FO would be shot. I feel after the Green Bay game we had 2 realistic options:
1. Blow it up, reset the salary cap and draft/build a different core group of guys.
2. Resign Dak and CD early in the offseason and get salary cap relief for 2024 and try and get some FAs to help the defense and make a run.

These guys seemed to have done the worst possible idea and that is wait and be reactive to what everyone else does and then sign Dak and CD immediately before the season and field a less talented team than ‘23. I personally would have been cool with option 1 or 2, maybe leaning a little towards option 1. But I would have been cool with a proactive plan even if it meant paying Dak. But what is happening now scares me because it seems our FO is reactive and will field a more expensive but less talented team in ‘24 and in future years. I don’t blame Dak or CD. This mess is on the FO. There seems to be no premeditated direction of roster building.
Thats a good bro, I totally agree..........just have a plan and go execute it.

But these idiots seem to have no plan and are just flying by the seat of their pants. They also seem very reactive because it was only after the media started putting on the heat and saying "how can these other teams sign their players, but yall cant?"

Once the media started asking some very pointed questions, then they decided to get off their arse and try to sign Dak and CeeDee.

Of course they waited till everybody else signed so the price tag would be at the absolute highest. Like, why are you going to wait till every other WR signs before trying to get a deal done with Lamb? He would have taken $33 six months ago, but no, Jefferson signed for $35 so that is the new "market value", so Lamb wants more than that now. See what I mean, just total idiots running this team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He should play the next season for free, or for the amount the average American earns. He is in a highly privileged role, has worldwide fame but consistently fails when it matters.
He and his family already have more than enough money than they could ever spend if they were reincarnated 50 times.
I dont actually blame Dak though, I blame the stupid amounts of money flooding the game from TV rights and sponsorship.
Now, where is my tin hat?!
When you have companies like Amazon paying $2 billion a year to stream games on Prime, the players are going to want their piece of the pie.

The salary cap is set at 48% of league revenue, which increased 30% last year.................that is why the QB market is $50+ million a season now.

Guess what? The Draftking and MGMmobile gambling apps are bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars and that money does not get included into the players 48% until next year. You know what that means? Salary cap is going to go up by another 20% to 30% next year when all the gambling money is added in. So, expect QB salaries next year to be $60+ million on new deals.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why and this goes back to the Romo years, they don't want to start any qb controversy's here at all
Good point, but that is just a stupid way to operate a team.............they should be drafting and trying to develop QBs almost every year, if for nothing else than trade bait.

The Patriots did this a lot with Brady, drafting QBs and then trading them to other teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Thats a good bro, I totally agree..........just have a plan and go execute it.

But these idiots seem to have no plan and are just flying by the seat of their pants. They also seem very reactive because it was only after the media started putting on the heat and saying "how can these other teams sign their players, but yall cant?"

Once the media started asking some very pointed questions, then they decided to get off their arse and try to sign Dak and CeeDee.

Of course they waited till everybody else signed so the price tag would be at the absolute highest. Like, why are you going to wait till every other WR signs before trying to get a deal done with Lamb? He would have taken $33 six months ago, but no, Jefferson signed for $35 so that is the new "market value", so Lamb wants more than that now. See what I mean, just total idiots running this team.
if ttthey signed them last march, you and everyone else would not be talking about it now would you??
So maybe jerry wants the talking , and is willing to pay more for that.
I think when he signed dak last time he had done something similar, and when asked about it he said he liked paying more.
Then people talk about the pay too much thing lol.

Personally , that is when I got turned off to dak, I got sick of hearing about dak and his contract.
So now I dont care what happens with this contract. Too much of anything is a bad thing, and jerry evidently
doesnt agree with that.

Jerry gets clicks, with anything cowboys, and that is what he likes, even more than winning.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dak will NEVER win a Super Bowl.

So those fans will never be upset.

Sorry bout it.
I would never say never, there have been QBs worse than Dak that have won a ring before.

Think Trent Dilfer with the Ravens..................of course that Ravens D was legendary.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
if ttthey signed them last march, you and everyone else would not be talking about it now would you??
So maybe jerry wants the talking , and is willing to pay more for that.
I think when he signed dak last time he had done something similar, and when asked about it he said he liked paying more.
Then people talk about the pay too much thing lol.

Personally , that is when I got turned off to dak, I got sick of hearing about dak and his contract.
So now I dont care what happens with this contract. Too much of anything is a bad thing, and jerry evidently
doesnt agree with that.

Jerry gets clicks, with anything cowboys, and that is what he likes, even more than winning.
Very true, LOL..............anything to keep the Cowboys in the news cycle is what is most important here.;)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Because the odds of winning a Super Bowl with nearly all QBs in NFL history is relatively low. The odds of finding a QB better than Dak on any given try are low in absolute terms, just just relative ones. Those odds multiply. It’s insane to have beaten the odds for one of the steps and then intentionally start over simply because the odds are against the second. They will ALWAYS be stacked against you, even on the unlikely chance you find a better QB than Dak.

Whatever our chances of winning a title with Dak are, they are better than our chances of winning a title the moment he is off the roster. Because you’ve added an ADDITIONAL low probability necessity to the equation.
so mathematically they have to keep dak for another 15 years?
no chance of success without him ?"? lol

Thats why I did a thread on people being afraid of not having dak, who is the "known" and not knowing the unknown which will come next !
Dak should ask for 80 million !! most everyone afraid of him leaving lol.

They dont need to find a SB QB , just someone cheap who can get them to playoffs, and win a WC game occasionally.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would never say never, there have been QBs worse than Dak that have won a ring before.

Think Trent Dilfer with the Ravens..................of course that Ravens D was legendary.
Well about that lol , they fired Trent, after winning SB, got a better QB, they went 10 years with no SB's after that.
Maybe they should have kept Trent ?? If it aint broke dont fix it !

Pittsburgh did about the same thing, fired O donnell , and didnt get back to a SB for 10 years.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Just an observer.
If you're gonna be calling people out on things,
you better be right. You're wrong, in this case.
Own it. Learn. And try again.

Don't be like the guy who thinks negative runs don't count in stats. Don't be that guy. (Yes, that really happened here.)
You notice how he didn’t respond to my post proving him wrong?

At least own it, ya know?

Childishly lashing out because you’re wrong is not the way.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Well about that lol , they fired Trent, after winning SB, got a better QB, they went 10 years with no SB's after that.
Maybe they should have kept Trent ?? If it aint broke dont fix it !

Pittsburgh did about the same thing, fired O donnell , and didnt get back to a SB for 10 years.
Excellent points!

Creeper

Reaction score
What he deserving of?
I believe, based on CAPflation, other QB contracts, and his overall performance, he should get about $55 million. Jordan Love and Trevor Lawrence both got $55 million and it is hard to argue those QBs are better than Dak right now.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I believe, based on CAPflation, other QB contracts, and his overall performance, he should get about $55 million. Jordan Love and Trevor Lawrence both got $55 million and it is hard to argue those QBs are better than Dak right now.
I was listening to Colin cowherd interview Jimmy Johnson and they asked him about these QB contracts. Jimmy said there's a problem in the NFL and that's that good quarterbacks want to get the same amount of money as great quarterbacks.

coult44

Reaction score
So the question is not paying Dak, the question is paying a top 10 QB, fair market price

Creeper

Reaction score
I was listening to Colin cowherd interview Jimmy Johnson and they asked him about these QB contracts. Jimmy said there's a problem in the NFL and that's that good quarterbacks want to get the same amount of money as great quarterbacks.
Recently I am reading that QBs have to ask for this kind of money because they owe it to the other QBs, as if a QB taking what he is worth rather than what he thinks he can get is somehow betraying all the other QBs in the league. This kind of thinking doesn't usually end well for the workers. At some point, if this continues, the owners will want to force a change.