Twitter: Dak on his contract: "Sure, I'm deserving"

TWOK11

Reaction score
Your second take there tells me if you was a Cheifs fan you would have said "Why in the world should we trade up for Mahomes when we have Alex Smith? We win the division with him. He puts up good numbers. He gets us to the playoffs and even wins sometimes. Alex Smiths just don't grow on trees. We just need to get him more help. He's not the problem".

You can't play scared.
The situations aren’t analogous because Dak is a significantly better QB than Alex Smith. Alex Smith was what you try and portray Dak to be, but the data just roundly refutes that assertion. Now it IS true that Alex Smith for part of his career was a well above average NFL starter, but that fact just serves to further my point. The search for “something better” very often lands you an Alex Smith if you’re lucky. More often you get a Mitch Trubisky. And you certainly almost never get a Patrick Mahomes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The situations aren’t analogous because Dak is a significantly better QB than Alex Smith. Alex Smith was what you try and portray Dak to be, but the data just roundly refutes that assertion. Now it IS true that Alex Smith for part of his career was a well above average NFL starter, but that fact just serves to further my point. The search for “something better” very often lands you an Alex Smith if you’re lucky. More often you get a Mitch Trubisky. And you certainly almost never get a Patrick Mahomes.
You will never get a Mahomes if you never try though.

You said it yourself. The Cowboys, statistically, will probably never win anything with Dak.

So why not replace him?

TWOK11

Reaction score
You will never get a Mahomes if you never try though.

You said it yourself. The Cowboys, statistically, will probably never win anything with Dak.

So why not replace him?
Because the odds of winning a Super Bowl with nearly all QBs in NFL history is relatively low. The odds of finding a QB better than Dak on any given try are low in absolute terms, just just relative ones. Those odds multiply. It’s insane to have beaten the odds for one of the steps and then intentionally start over simply because the odds are against the second. They will ALWAYS be stacked against you, even on the unlikely chance you find a better QB than Dak.

Whatever our chances of winning a title with Dak are, they are better than our chances of winning a title the moment he is off the roster. Because you’ve added an ADDITIONAL low probability necessity to the equation.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because the odds of winning a Super Bowl with nearly all QBs in NFL history is relatively low. The odds of finding a QB better than Dak on any given try are low in absolute terms, just just relative ones. Those odds multiply. It’s insane to have beaten the odds for one of the steps and then intentionally start over simply because the odds are against the second. They will ALWAYS be stacked against you, even on the unlikely chance you find a better QB than Dak.

Whatever our chances of winning a title with Dak are, they are better than our chances of winning a title the moment he is off the roster. Because you’ve added an ADDITIONAL low probability necessity to the equation.
You realize that no QB in NFL history has ever won their first Super Bowl this late into their career being over 30, a 4th round or later pick, while still on the team that drafted them, right?

Dak would be the 1st to ever do it. It would be NFL history.

So, statistically, as crazy as it sounds it’s more likely to find the next Mahomes simply because a first Mahomes exists than it is for Dak to win a Super Bowl with the Cowboys.

TWOK11

Reaction score
You realize that no QB in NFL history has ever won their first Super Bowl this late into their career being over 30, a 4th round or later pick, while still on the team that drafted them, right?
But that’s a completely arbitrary, meaningless stat. Especially given the incredibly small sample of players that could even possibly fit that criteria.

Dak would be the 1st to ever do it.

So what? Again, it has no bearing on anything. It’s a set of criteria that is both arbitrary and has no fundamental correlation with winning or losing whatsoever.

So, statistically, as crazy as it sounds it’s more likely to find the next Mahomes simply because a first Mahomes exists than it is for Dak to win a Super Bowl with the Cowboys.

That’s complete nonsense. That’s not how statistics work, at all.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
He is supposed to say I know I've let everyone down and haven't played well in the playoffs but that is the market for QBs.
Start owning up to being part of the issue instead of pointing the finger at everyone else.
hey i don’t disagree but i don’t think you will ever see any player do that

diamonddelts

Reaction score
"I'm not putting that much thought into hoping it gets done now, hoping it gets done in a couple of weeks, during the season or whenever it happens," Prescott said. "I just know conversations are on the right way."

Prescott said the sides have exchanged proposals but would say only, "a lot of good things are going on in there," and he reiterated he has confidence in both sides working out a deal, whether it be soon or before March when he would become a free agent.

"I enjoy being a Cowboy 1,000 percent, enjoy living in Dallas, enjoy everything about it," Prescott said. "But this is a business. Conversations are going well, but I'm thankful to be where I am right now and that's here."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40874193/cowboys-dak-prescott-talks-contract-right-way

This is the most optimistic Dak has been in awhile about a new deal getting done.
What a relief. America's choker is here to stay.

ICP

Reaction score
Fish reported that an NFL “insider” said Dak could possibly get 70 APY if he waits to be a FA. Fish was saying if he was Dak’s dad he’d probably tell him to wait. Now this is from Fish so take it with a grain of salt. It was in his show today at 6. I don’t know how to do that YouTube link thing. I’m sure we don’t have to worry about it though because Dak doesn’t play for money so signing for 56 million now as opposed to waiting till next year to get 70 APY wouldn’t cross Dak’s mind.
If a team is dumb/desperate enough to sign Dak for that kind of money all I can say is hopefully it isn't Dallas and Happy Trails Dak.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

And you wait for the light to turn green on an empty highway with no cars coming .....

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
2-5 in the playoffs.

The worst record ever for a QB with at least 5 playoff starts.

“Deserving” lol.
It boggles my mind that people can make erroneous or false statements about a player's stats and achievements when it's so easy to FACT CHECK online lol..

Kirk Cousins [NOT DAK PRESCOTT] has the worst career record by an active QB in the playoffs with at least 5 starts {1 - 4}.**

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

The book indicates that the ONLY way Dak wins that title is with a roster that can ensure a lead. Agree we probably arent going to upgrade at QB, but that doesnt detract from the undeniable fact (last three play-off games where we went behind) that at the highest level, he cant play under pressure (to overcome the scoreboard or time ticking).

Now if Dak wants to give that career ending contract (which I will continue to argue is the sticking point), then im behind that (as that, in effect gives Jerry a last ALL-IN opportunity), if not, then a three/four year (at top money + $40m deferred money) just isnt going to give enough 'CAP relief'.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It boggles my mind that people can make erroneous or false statements about a player's stats and achievements when it's so easy to FACT CHECK online lol..

Kirk Cousins [NOT DAK PRESCOTT] has the worst career record by an active QB in the playoffs with at least 5 starts {1 - 4}.**
Cousin is 1-3 in the playoffs.

Dak fans STAY WRONG.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
2-5 in the playoffs.

The worst record ever for a QB with at least 5 playoff starts.

“Deserving” lol.
Well you don't get to pad your stats in the playoffs against bad teams like you do in the regular season.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of his stats against teams that are above 500. It seems like every time we play a good team (other than the eagles) dak and the offense don't show up until the game is already out of reach.

It gets old hearing how his numbers are comparable to mahomes. There is nobody better at beating up on inferior competition than dak and this cowboys offense. But when they face a true test, they always seem to crumble.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well you don't get to pad your stats in the playoffs against bad teams like you do in the regular season.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of his stats against teams that are above 500. It seems like every time we play a good team (other than the eagles) dak and the offense don't show up until the game is already out of reach.

It gets old hearing how his numbers are comparable to mahomes. There is nobody better at beating up on inferior competition than dak and this cowboys offense. But when they face a true test, they always seem to crumble.
There has never been a QB that did less when it mattered more.

Bullet22

Reaction score
Only 35 qbs have won a Super Bowl....out of all the qbs that have been in the NFL, thousands maybe..Dak is good....may never win one...So not just Dak, the whole team, has to be great...Dan Marino went his rookie year and never again....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Kirk didn't start that first playoff game.

That's why he only has 10 pass attempts in the game.

RG3 started that game and ended up getting hurt and Kirk replaced him.

You are wrong, Dak fan, and you should request the mods delete your post before anymore gullible Dak fans see it and think you're right.