Twitter: Dak on his contract: "Sure, I'm deserving"

TWOK11

Reaction score
Only a Dak over Dallas fan can read that quote and think it sounds like “not if but when”.

“If they want to move on I understand. It’s a business”

“Things have to be right in my end as well”

Dak over Dallas fans think that is “positive” talks lolololololol
The number of Cowboys fans who will stop being Cowboys fans if Dak is allowed to walk: 0

The number of Cowboys fans who will be upset if they win a superbowl with Dak: Significantly higher than 0.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The number of Cowboys fans who will stop being Cowboys fans if Dak is allowed to walk: 0

The number of Cowboys fans who will be upset if they win a superbowl with Dak: Significantly higher than 0.
Pure conjecture, as the Cowboys haven't even sniffed a super bowl with Dak.

But what we do know for absolute certain is, the Cowboys went 4-1 the last time Dak went down and a significant number of the Davidians still haven't gotten over it. They were certain of a total collapse without Dakota and they've never forgiven Rush for proving the team is bigger than Dak

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You don't owe any explanation to the likes of him. He's a flamethrower. Not a serious contributor
If I lived in Hawaii like he claims there's no way I would waste my time being a total jerk wad to people I don't know and will never meet. On an internet football fan site, no less. I would be out on the water every chance I had, fishing and downing beer after beer after beer. And when I wasn't doing that I would be doing another passion - scuba diving. What better place to do that than Hawaii?

Yet this guy seems to spend every waking minute beeching at people on here because they disagree with his opinions. To each his own, I guess.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
If I lived in Hawaii like he claims there's no way I would waste my time being a total jerk wad to people I don't know and will never meet. On an internet football fan site, no less. I would be out on the water every chance I had, fishing and downing beer after beer after beer. And when I wasn't doing that I would be doing another passion - scuba diving. What better place to do that than Hawaii?

Yet this guy seems to spend every waking minute beeching at people on here because they disagree with his opinions. To each his own, I guess.
Key words: "like he claims"

I don't believe a word of his BS, personally

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The number of Cowboys fans who will be upset if they win a super bowl with Dak: Significantly higher than 0.
It will be much closer to zero than you allege. We all want a super bowl, but one side is convinced, myself included, that #4 isn't going to be the one to get it done.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Dak will NEVER win a Super Bowl.

So those fans will never be upset.

Sorry bout it.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Dak will NEVER win a Super Bowl.

So those fans will never be upset.

Sorry bout it.
Whether or not it actually happens is irrelevant. Everyone recognizes the reality of both theoretical scenarios.

One side will support Dak until he is no longer the Cowboys QB and then go on supporting the franchise with whoever succeeds him, the other won’t be happy until he’s gone regardless of the results. Yet we’re to believe those who actively root against success as long as he’s here are the true fans.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Super Bowls? How about ONE conference title game appearence? Most Cowboy fans would sign up for more Dak if he showed up in the playoffs like he does against the Giants in October.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Whether or not it actually happens is irrelevant. Everyone recognizes the reality of both theoretical scenarios.

One side will support Dak until he is no longer the Cowboys QB and then go on supporting the franchise with whoever succeeds him, the other won’t be happy until he’s gone regardless of the results. Yet we’re to believe those who actively root against success as long as he’s here are the true fans.
You look at it your way but that's not the way it is for me and many others.

We (including you) know Dak doesn't have what it takes and never will. He's not just that guy. He's not built like that. There are moments in games where the QB will have to make a play and Dak just can't do it.

You, whether you're willing to admit it or not, don't believe Dak can play well enough against 3 or 4 (if we're a Wild Card team) playoff teams in a row. He's never done it and he's not all of a sudden going to start.

So, what you call "actively rooting against success" is really not wanting 2 Wild Card wins in 9 years to be the standard for QBing in Dallas. So, if the Cowboys must suffer a bad season this year to get Dak out then so be it.

TWOK11

Reaction score
You look at it your way but that's not the way it is for me and many others.
I am well aware of this. Most professional sports fans are morons. You and your many others are in good company.

We (including you) know Dak doesn't have what it takes and never will. He's not just that guy. He's not built like that. There are moments in games where the QB will have to make a play and Dak just can't do it.

This level of superstitious nonsense makes the devoutly religious look like beacons of logic and reason by comparison. Nick Foles and Jimmy Garappolo can make it to the Super Bowl, but there is no scenario where Dak Prescott ever could due tot he name on the back of his jersey. Every Super Bowl winning team in history, if their QB were swapped out with Prescott, would have failed to win it.

It’s such a silly base premise as to be beyond ridicule. It’s too absurd to mock.

You, whether you're willing to admit it or not, don't believe Dak can play well enough against 3 or 4 (if we're a Wild Card team) playoff teams in a row. He's never done it and he's not all of a sudden going to start.

Let’s ignore for a moment all the historical counters to this, all the logical fallacies contained within and all the internal contradictions. Let’s just focus on the idea that Dak’s level of play in any given playoff game or playoff run is the sole determining factor in whether we make it to a Super Bowl. That is on its face an absurd contention, as if him achieving a QBR of X is what determines such a thing. For example, Dak could have had a 158.3 QB rating against the Packers and it is still likely we would have lost based on the number of points and yards per play our defense gave up. Dak could have had the exact same caliber of game he did against GB against Tampa Bay the year prior and we would have still likely won that game by two touchdowns.

The entire goal of the cap era NFL is to be consistently good enough to get into the single elimination postseason as often as possible and hope that the stars eventually align for you. The setup in the NFL makes it wholly unique among American professional sports. There is more opportunity for random chance to impact any given postseason. But the best way to insure you have the best opportunity to eventually have fortune favor you is to have high level QB play. And that is so rare that you don’t simply give it up for nothing if you have any say in the matter.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am well aware of this. Most professional sports fans are morons. You and your many others are in good company.

This level of superstitious nonsense makes the devoutly religious look like beacons of logic and reason by comparison. Nick Foles and Jimmy Garappolo can make it to the Super Bowl, but there is no scenario where Dak Prescott ever could due tot he name on the back of his jersey. Every Super Bowl winning team in history, if their QB were swapped out with Prescott, would have failed to win it.

It’s such a silly base premise as to be beyond ridicule. It’s too absurd to mock.
None of what you or I think really matters right now.

When all is said and done I will be right.

You know it. I know it.

TWOK11

Reaction score
None of what you or I think really matters right now.

When all is said and done I will be right.

You know it. I know it.
The point is you can never be “right”. Your claim requires far more than Dak Prescott never making it to the Super Bowl as a Dallas Cowboy. It requires a specific outcome in a near infinite set of theoretical circumstances which will never actually occur or even could occur. It is unfalsifiable and therefore both useless and meaningless as a claim. And the reason all of this is pointless is because you’re too dull to ever recognize that. You “don’t know what you don’t know”.

But more to the point, your entire posting history represents a vendetta against one player that belies a fundamental misunderstanding of how football games are won and lost. And you’re clearly young enough to have never suffered the misfortune of quarterback purgatory.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The point is you can never be “right”. Your claim requires far more than Dak Prescott never making it to the Super Bowl as a Dallas Cowboy. It requires a specific outcome in a near infinite set of theoretical circumstances which will never actually occur or even could occur. It is unfalsifiable and therefore both useless and meaningless as a claim. And the reason all of this is pointless is because you’re too dull to ever recognize that. You “don’t know what you don’t know”.
Here you are almost 10 years in on the Dak experiment thinking he's going to eventually not be the loser QB he is.

You Dak fans think you know something others don't when the reality you're just in too deep and lack the maturity to say "ya know, maybe I was wrong about this guy".

It's not admirable to go down with the Dak ship. There's nothing admirable about sticking to your horrible opinion to the bitter end.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Here you are almost 10 years in on the Dak experiment thinking he's going to eventually not be the loser QB he is.

You Dak fans think you know something others don't when the reality you're just in too deep and lack the maturity to say "ya know, maybe I was wrong about this guy".

It's not admirable to go down with the Dak ship. There's nothing admirable about sticking to your horrible opinion to the bitter end.
I don’t know if we will ever make it to or win a SB with Dak. Statistically we probably won’t, just because most teams with quality QB play won’t make the SB in any given year and Dak has only 5ish years left in his prime, based on historical trends. So the odds are just against it happening.

What I do know is that everyone wants Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes. But unless your franchise has generational fortune, you wil be trying to win with a QB much closer to Dak than those guys. And the odds of finding someone better, especially in the near future, are miniscule. Much lower than the odds of a team with Prescott making the SB.

The bottom line is the odds are always against you winning a title. Your odds approach zero below a certain level of QB play. When you find that level of play, consistently across time, you should try to win with that until you can’t anymore. Not paying market rate for quality QB play, largely out of spite and hatred, while hoping fortune lands you a better QB is a very poor strategy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t know if we will ever make it to or win a SB with Dak. Statistically we probably won’t, just because most teams with quality QB play won’t make the SB in any given year and Dak has only 5ish years left in his prime, based on historical trends. So the odds are just against it happening.

What I do know is that everyone wants Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes. But unless your franchise has generational fortune, you wil be trying to win with a QB much closer to Dak than those guys. And the odds of finding someone better, especially in the near future, are miniscule. Much lower than the odds of a team with Prescott making the SB.

The bottom line is the odds are always against you winning a title. Your odds approach zero below a certain level of QB play. When you find that level of play, consistently across time, you should try to win with that until you can’t anymore. Not paying market rate for quality QB play, largely out of spite and hatred, while hoping fortune lands you a better QB is a very poor strategy.
Your second take there tells me if you was a Cheifs fan you would have said "Why in the world should we trade up for Mahomes when we have Alex Smith? We win the division with him. He puts up good numbers. He gets us to the playoffs and even wins sometimes. Alex Smiths just don't grow on trees. We just need to get him more help. He's not the problem".

You can't play scared.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Not sure why he’s still talking about Super Bowls.

For me at least, I would have less angst about a new deal if in the last decade he had at least gotten us to one NFCCG in ‘16, 18, ‘21, ‘22 or ‘23. His performances in those playoff games have gotten progressively worse.

Anyways, in this article he sounds like a guy who is very content and comfortable in his position.
That’s the problem, he’s a very comfortable loser of BIG games who needs to be shown the door. His attitude would change if JJ held a press conference formally naming Rush or Lance or both as the QBs who are going to lead the offense. Prescott’s would immediately demand a trade, there is no way that he would be okay with being the No 3 QB on this team, NOWAY!