Twitter: Dak on his contract: "Sure, I'm deserving"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure why he’s still talking about Super Bowls.

For me at least, I would have less angst about a new deal if in the last decade he had at least gotten us to one NFCCG in ‘16, 18, ‘21, ‘22 or ‘23. His performances in those playoff games have gotten progressively worse.

Anyways, in this article he sounds like a guy who is very content and comfortable in his position.
Playoffs progressively worse?

Might want to double check your sources...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL I am not a Dak fan and even I recognize he's getting extended.

I really, really hope I am on the board the minute someone starts the "SIGNED" thread just so I can see your reaction and people mocking you. I am here for the entertainment.
You’re going to be highly disappointed in just how much I won’t care.

You should be upset that the Cowboys would be extending losing more than what MountaineerCowboys reaction will be to the Cowboys extending losing.

We know you’re not a Dak fan though. Everybody that has to lead with “I’m not a Dak fan” is definitely not a Dak fan.

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re going to be highly disappointed in just how much I won’t care.

You should be upset that the Cowboys would be extending losing more than what MountaineerCowboys reaction will be to the Cowboys extending losing.

We know you’re not a Dak fan though. Everybody that has to lead with “I’m not a Dak fan” is definitely not a Dak fan.
I can't control what Dallas does. But I can at least find some entertainment in what they do, good or bad.

If you think I am one of these Dak-stans or apologists, you are dumber than I realized. I have already made my feelings known as to what I think they should have done (blown up the roster, fired McCarthy, gone to Dak to tell him to find a trade). But for a guy who says you "won't care" you spend a CRAP TON of time on here ripping him, trying to prop up Lance as a viable alternative, etc.

You care. You care a lot. That's pretty obvious.

Flamma

Reaction score
Here's the thing. Whatever Dak gets per year is not the only issue. It's what Dak gets per year +95 million to the cap. This would probably be the highest average per year for any QB in the league. I'm sure they'll use void years to mitigate this. But still, for Dak?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Oh, I have already made my feelings known as to what I think they should have done (blown up the roster, fired McCarthy, gone to Dak to tell him to find a trade). But for a guy who says you "won't care" you spend a CRAP TON of time on here ripping him, trying to prop up Lance as a viable alternative, etc.

I can't control what Dallas does. But I can at least find some entertainment in what they do, good or bad.

You care. You care a lot. That's pretty obvious.
I care about the Cowboys not remaining losers.

You admittedly care about my reactions to it.

Weird stuff, bro.

Praxit

Reaction score
...right now, this point in time. Dallas no one better to run the position.

Contract deal coming up.

Nav22

Reaction score
I want a million dollars a year for playing madden. I don't need that money for me, I need it for all the downtrodden, impoverished madden players out there. If I get paid, then they get paid too!

What do you mean when you ask me, "what madden championships have you won"? I don't need those to get paid. I deserve it.

Besides, I'm in the best shape of my life, have never felt better, and am totally focused on winning a madden title this year.
Comparing yourself to a superstar athlete is incredibly sad and pathetic.

You both eat, breathe and sleep - that's where the comparisons end. He has you lapped 1000x over.

Best of luck, sir.

Sydla

Reaction score

Weird stuff, bro.
I likely won't get a ton of entertainment out of this team given Jerry's continued failures.

So I will absolutely try to get some entertainment out of the irrational Dak haters losing their minds over his extension. Guilty as charged. It's going to be funny as hell.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak vibes

silence-inner-critic-affirmations-stuart-smalley.gif

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Here's the thing. Whatever Dak gets per year is not the only issue. It's what Dak gets per year +95 million to the cap. This would probably be the highest average per year for any QB in the league. I'm sure they'll use void years to mitigate this. But still, for Dak?
Not to mention the way the cowboys do contracts would have a 35ish year old Dak owed probably 90 million plus in his final year forcing them to either pay it or extend him again.

It’s the same boat they’re in now. Thats why sucking it up and just paying him out this last year and letting him walk is the right thing to do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Weird stuff, bro.
You’ve made your whole existence here about Dak. Oh you care alright and to see you disappear after he signs is going to be sweet Karma.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure why he’s still talking about Super Bowls.
I'm sure he was asked, or at least he's knows that the Anti-Daksters bring it up 24-7.
It'll keep being brought up until and if he wins one. No matter what team he's on....part of the business.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He is frustrating to watch play at times, and yeah he has come up small in way too many spots.

He can’t win games by himself, and can’t overcome scheme/coaching deficiencies to the degree that Romo bailed out Garrett…but…

I dont really think it makes much of a difference if they sign him for 40 million a year or 60….they are still going to have to draft beyond exceptionally well to have any prayer given the way they approach roster building.

I don’t find it impossible that Prescott can eventually win under the right circumstances, but his salary isn’t that. It’s still gonna be draft only (along with has beens and dumpster players) as support.

For those of you who would like to break it down entirely and hope to get beyond lucky and draft the next Jow Burrow within the next decade, I get it….but IMO the rest of the roster isn’t bad enough to warrant doing that.

They are in a tough spot, no doubt, but it’s almost entirely self inflicted.

Jipper

Reaction score
bs - hes not deserving, hes earned a new contract but not at the level he thinks he deserves

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is frustrating to watch play at times, and yeah he has come up small in way too many spots.

He can’t win games by himself, and can’t overcome scheme/coaching deficiencies to the degree that Romo bailed out Garrett…but…

I dont really think it makes much of a difference if they sign him for 40 million a year or 60….they are still going to have to draft beyond exceptionally well to have any prayer given the way they approach roster building.

I don’t find it impossible that Prescott can eventually win under the right circumstances, but his salary isn’t that. It’s still gonna be draft only (along with has beens and dumpster players) as support.

For those of you who would like to break it down entirely and hope to get beyond lucky and draft the next Jow Burrow within the next decade, I get it….but IMO the rest of the roster isn’t bad enough to warrant doing that.

They are in a tough spot, no doubt, but it’s almost entirely self inflicted.
You haters are really upset. He was asked if he deserves a contract, he said yes. What do you expect him to say? :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You’re the only one that quits, Rocky.

I assure you that if I ever stop posting I won’t make a thread announcing it like you did and I definitely will stay gone unlike you did.
Well, we’ll see if you man up and keep your promise once Dak is signed.