Dak on Kellen it’s Completely his Offense

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So what is Garrett needed for? If this is true, we have the only head coach in history who contributes nothing except making practice schedules and calling timeouts.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So what is Garrett needed for? If this is true, we have the only head coach in history who contributes nothing except making practice schedules and calling timeouts.
This is exactly what I was going to say.
Johnson never called and offensive play or defensive play. As HC you over see all aspects of the team not just 1 side of the ball.
JG doesn't do anything on defense. He's hired people with tremendous defensive resumes so that they could just do their thing. Was true with Rob Ryan, Monte Kiffin, Marinelli and now, evidently, Richard. Johnson was a 4-3 guy and was the driving force behind getting speed on that side of the ball - the defense has changed over and over again under JG.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Bhahahhaaa...

Sorry, I look at that pic with Juicy box boy looking at Dak, like a deer in headlights and think this team is DOOMED next season if it's "his offense"..

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Johnson never called and offensive play or defensive play. As HC you over see all aspects of the team not just 1 side of the ball.
And in Dallas, overseeing all aspects of the team means Garrett is never held accountable for each aspect. Only OCs/DCs and positional coaches are

lukin2006

Reaction score
Maybe Dak is the next head coach. He has commented on Moore, when Garrett has barely said anything.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

When Jones hired Jimmy Johnson, he did so because Johnson would bring his entire program to Dallas. The scheme and philosophy on both sides of the ball and the way they went about building the team was all Jimmy Johnson. He brought his coaches to run his schemes. If they will no longer run a Garrett offense, he is now contributing nothing. He was hired as an offensive genius, stripped of playcliing duties , and now stripped of his entire offense if this is to be believed. So I ask again, why is Garrett still here and what is he good for? He is basically an adult baby sitter who’s main job is reporting back to Jerry and saying yes to everything Jerry wants. That’s not what a head coach is supposed to be.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure how to take this. Obviously Dak isn't the one that gets to decide how much control Moore gets, so does he know something the coaches haven't said so far?

Something happened around mid-season. One or more people got more involved in the offense. The Joneses apparently raked Linehan over the coals and considered firing him then.

There were reports that Moore and Doug Nussmeier got more involved in the game plans at the request of the Joneses.

This happened at the beginning of the win streak; although Amari Cooper was added in that same time frame which makes it difficult to know how much the coaching changes helped.

Dak's known preferences started to be emphasized more. I don't know all of his preferences but less WRs in the rotation and more of TE Jarwin were two that Dak has specifically confirmed.

The final regular season game (Giants) appeared as if they had a new OC. It had many changes from the standard Linehan or Garrett stuff.

gmoney112

Reaction score
To be fair, Dak does media stuff and he probably gets asked this every single time he makes an appearance. If he says, "I dunno", the whirlwind of press and headlines would probably make most of us wish for a quick death. I can't really blame him for responding that way, he's not an Instagram "influencer", I imagine he wants to have some sort of normal offseason away from the offseason media that are rabid for stories.

Just responding "yep, he gon' be gud" is just the path of least resistance. He probably does believe in him a bit so I doubt it's a total lie, but most of what I've seen is just him responding to questions about it.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Dak supports Kellen, and I support Dak...

cdf01b396ee38dcd7ff6633817eaa63877344c2b98c3490a7cc223feeb18c489.jpg

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak = Company yes man. When does he ever come out and say something other than his current coach is awesome?

SSoup

Reaction score
Maybe that's the plan today. But who knows if we stick to that, between Jerry's erratic decision-making and having a lame duck head coach who hears the branch creaking under him?

If the offense struggles early, does Jason say "*** this" and grab the reigns to try and save himself (like Jim Fassel when he scapegoated Sean Payton in New York)? Or does he simply let Kellen Moore absorb all the blame because he knows that'll play better in his favor when he's interviewing for a new job? Could go either way. Or Jerry could change his mind.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Jones hired Jimmy Johnson, he did so because Johnson would bring his entire program to Dallas. The scheme and philosophy on both sides of the ball and the way they went about building the team was all Jimmy Johnson. He brought his coaches to run his schemes. If they will no longer run a Garrett offense, he is now contributing nothing. He was hired as an offensive genius, stripped of playcliing duties , and now stripped of his entire offense if this is to be believed. So I ask again, why is Garrett still here and what is he good for? He is basically an adult baby sitter who’s main job is reporting back to Jerry and saying yes to everything Jerry wants. That’s not what a head coach is supposed to be.

I don't know that Garrett was stripped of his entire offense. Changes may be simply in how that offense is used. Disguising the same plays with shifts and motion, adding a few plays, and a change in the game planning and what plays are called and when can make an offense seem entirely different without there being any dramatic shift in the "scheme". It seems to me that by canning Linehan they weren't necessarily condemning the scheme, and may only have been condemning his use of it.

Last edited:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It’s hard to decipher if he’s saying Kellen or Dak can be creative as he wants but my initial thoughts were that he’s implying Kellen can be as creative as he wants because it’s now his offense...

If they start running Kellen’s old Boise plays then we’ll know...

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes saying he can handle and is on board for adding and expanding the offense any way Moore wants to go..BTW YES the QB has ton of input on some game plans especially the scripted plays..

all the speculation and naysayers still dont get it

you know NOTHING about the daily OPs of the Cowboys , you are NOT a GM or coach, you dont know what goes on in meetings or in the way playcalling is handled game day..no one but them really do so im betting this ,

DAK for SURE knows 100% more then you..GTFOOH..you intenet GMS make me LOL and SMH so hard sometimes I need special massage sessions to work out the kinks..

lets reiterate you know nothing , Dak knows more..Moore is better coach and player then everyone on this board..will he be successful no one knows but saying you are sure he isn't also you cant tell the future..

this will eb long offseason with all the far fetched threads and posts on our staff and playcallign and no one will simply sit back and see how it works out, you know who you are the same one s who say garett and Moore were so bad in the PB thats its proof they suck.. LMAO never ends:facepalm::huh::oldcouple:

blueblood70

Reaction score
here want some more proof to this, take it with grain of Salt but this was quoted in an article from Jerry,
"I've said this to [Moore]: I want those new ideas," Jones said with a smile. "I want them fought for until the glass breaks. Squeal. Holler. If they're not being implemented, call me, but let's get in here and do the kinds of things we do to get the most out of a very talented roster.

"I think Kellen has got the skill and the right attitude and style to make this work."

For his part, Garrett himself praises Moore and wants the same creative thoughts as Jones, affirming how all appear to be on the same page. It's why, at least for now, Moore will be expected to call plays in 2019, barring any additional changes that can and will take place if necessary going forward."

Heres the article link, this supports the quote from Dak

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ett-status-message-to-Kellen-Moore-128676192/