Twitter: Dak on McCarthy - “He’s so much more than a coach.”

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
McCarthy may be a great players coach and a great friend off the field, I truly applaud him for being a great mentor. He sucks as a coach, have not like him since the minute he was hired and won't like him until he's gone. IF he somehow gets the stars to align and this team pulls out a SB win, I may hamper my dislike for him, but he will still be an average coach imo.
Never failed with a QB EVER! Go look. From Van Pelt Brooks Rodgers Gannon even Bono got better. Now Dak had the best game of his life after they put that bland game plan together against washington. Treated it like preseason for a reason. MM is playin chess while everyone else is playing checkers. I bet Dak gets to 50000 yards and gets a few more probowl bids because of MM. The master QB GURU!

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
or a dumb avatar response ie dislike post anyone that uses the word sucks for coach like MM career is idiot, period.. cant stress that enough first post Ive seen of this guy and an auto ignore came out..not funny at all.
They'll bad mouth MM and talk crap. Yet their savior is Sean Payton who has the same exact resume as MM. Go figure, our fans are some very strange individuals

rambo2

Reaction score
McCarthy may be a great players coach and a great friend off the field, I truly applaud him for being a great mentor. He sucks as a coach, have not like him since the minute he was hired and won't like him until he's gone. IF he somehow gets the stars to align and this team pulls out a SB win, I may hamper my dislike for him, but he will still be an average coach imo.
He sucks as a coach? You suck as a fan.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You can't be serious. He has done something that no other coach for the Cowboys have done since Jimmy Johnson with back to back double digit wins and also is the only Cowboys HC to beat Brady.

I don't get the dislike for McCarthy. He is a really good HC and can win with backups, especially at QB. Do you remember if Tyron, Zeke, Dak or Romo went down? This team struggles to win 1 game.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
You can't be serious. He has done something that no other coach for the Cowboys have done since Jimmy Johnson with back to back double digit wins and also is the only Cowboys HC to beat Brady.

I don't get the dislike for McCarthy. He is a really good HC and can win with backups, especially at QB. Do you remember if Tyron, Zeke, Dak or Romo went down? This team struggles to win 1 game.
Exactly.

And he's doing it the same way Jimmy did, by delegating and overseeing. Jimmy get a lot of credit for being a head coach, but I always thought he was a much better overseer and motivator. I see the same in Mike. None of us see what he does behind closed doors and that's why it's nice when stories like this come out.

I've been a big Mike supporter since the hire and I still think he's best coaching year was his first here. With the flu, no camps, and so many injuries, including QB. He lined up who was left and they played hard for him.

I thought Mike was as good as you would ever get with Jerry, but after 3 years I think he's a top 5 coach in the league. Sure, he has a few warts sometimes, but so does every other coach.

catskillthunder

Reaction score

I see what you're saying and you do have a valid point. I'm just tired of the clock management ineptness and lack of discipline continually shown by the team.

Reactions: CWR

catskillthunder

Reaction score
He sucks as a coach? You suck as a fan.
You make zero sense! A fan can like a football team and be allowed to not like a player, owner, coach, etc. I bet you don't like Jerry Jones, so that makes you suck as a fan too!

catskillthunder

Reaction score
You must be a Garret fan...lol....MM has done a masterful job at keeping this team alive and ready for the playoffs,,,,two 12win seasons in row, first road playoff win in 30yrs and you cant find a positive word on him.....wow...just wow......MM has taken this team places Jason Garrett only sniffed and dreamed about.....Now I understand MM is no savior......he is just a highly experienced coach who has seen a lot....IE..Coached the diva Aaron Rodgers and took a team to the Superbowl.....again not a savior just a highly experienced HC. Not many HC better than MM....he is a top 10 HC in the NFL
I can agree with this to a point. I have replied to others that do not share my view of MM. It's the clock management, the undisciplined play over and over for the last 2 seasons. Like you said, not a savior, but better then JG.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the Cowboys do win the Super Bowl then McCarthy would be the first HC in NFL history to win Super Bowls with two different teams. That would certainly make him a HOFer.
And one of the better coaches of all time. Nobody could do what he did if he does it. That would be very cool for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can agree with this to a point. I have replied to others that do not share my view of MM. It's the clock management, the undisciplined play over and over for the last 2 seasons. Like you said, not a savior, but better then JG.
Not a savior? He wins games when his best players are out.....still wins 12 games.....what else could you ask for from a coach?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike has done a great job with this team. Dealing with injury to Dak as the start of the season yet kept this team steady and won 4 of 5 games. Having to deal with injuries on the OL and was able to shuffle this group around as he did. Like any year there are ups and downs over the course of a season yet we have a lot more ups than downs. This team responded after every loss, never losing back to back games and coming out stronger the following game after a loss. McCarthy was never my 1st choice as HC but damn glad we have him and hope to see him lead this team to a SB

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Exactly.

And he's doing it the same way Jimmy did, by delegating and overseeing. Jimmy get a lot of credit for being a head coach, but I always thought he was a much better overseer and motivator. I see the same in Mike. None of us see what he does behind closed doors and that's why it's nice when stories like this come out.

I've been a big Mike supporter since the hire and I still think he's best coaching year was his first here. With the flu, no camps, and so many injuries, including QB. He lined up who was left and they played hard for him.

I thought Mike was as good as you would ever get with Jerry, but after 3 years I think he's a top 5 coach in the league. Sure, he has a few warts sometimes, but so does every other coach.
And there is nothing wrong with delegating.