Twitter: Dak on McCarthy - “He’s so much more than a coach.”

MyFairLady

Reaction score
These two love birds better win on Sunday or all this is nothing but a bunch of hog wash.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
McCarthy may be a great players coach and a great friend off the field, I truly applaud him for being a great mentor. He sucks as a coach, have not like him since the minute he was hired and won't like him until he's gone. IF he somehow gets the stars to align and this team pulls out a SB win, I may hamper my dislike for him, but he will still be an average coach imo.
:facepalm:

RHtx-YSl6jtqi-RXvod-Q.gif

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Exactly.

And he's doing it the same way Jimmy did, by delegating and overseeing. Jimmy get a lot of credit for being a head coach, but I always thought he was a much better overseer and motivator. I see the same in Mike. None of us see what he does behind closed doors and that's why it's nice when stories like this come out.

I've been a big Mike supporter since the hire and I still think he's best coaching year was his first here. With the flu, no camps, and so many injuries, including QB. He lined up who was left and they played hard for him.

I thought Mike was as good as you would ever get with Jerry, but after 3 years I think he's a top 5 coach in the league. Sure, he has a few warts sometimes, but so does every other coach.
Absolutely and great comment

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I see what you're saying and you do have a valid point. I'm just tired of the clock management ineptness and lack of discipline continually shown by the team.
Clock management? Lack of discipline?

What are you talking about?

If it's penalties then just look at the beginning of the year until the end of the year and tell me penalties are the same.

As far as clock management I still have no idea what some are complaining about

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Are you being sarcastic or something? He obviously does not suck as a coach.

He’s won a Super Bowl and his teams are nearly always in the playoffs. Going back to his days as an OC for New Orleans and KC, they were bad offenses until he arrived, and they did not have star studded rosters or good QBs.

Even if he wins a second ring, you’ll still think he’s an “average” coach?

Please reconsider changing your opinion to something less incorrect.
He won’t. Guys like that have no clue what they’re talking about. He MIGHT change his opinion if the boys win a SB? Dude is a fool.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
McCarthy may be a great players coach and a great friend off the field, I truly applaud him for being a great mentor. He sucks as a coach, have not like him since the minute he was hired and won't like him until he's gone. IF he somehow gets the stars to align and this team pulls out a SB win, I may hamper my dislike for him, but he will still be an average coach imo.
You are so much more than a fan.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He’s an average coach if we win the Superbowl this year? What are you smoking?

CWR

Reaction score
I'd so rather be the guy that doesn't come around when we lose as opposed to the guy who doesn't come around when we win.

Damn straight, who wants to come around and here all the nonsense over reactions on this board after a loss.

It's like a prolonged game thread. Lol

The ones that only show up for losses are showing their true colors. Those are the troll you just want to ignore for.

CWR

Reaction score
I can agree with this to a point. I have replied to others that do not share my view of MM. It's the clock management, the undisciplined play over and over for the last 2 seasons. Like you said, not a savior, but better then JG.

I understand the frustration, but I'm looking big picture and results. This team plays hard, and they win a lot of games. We have already made progress since he got here. He had made me furious at time, but at the end of the day he's overcome a lot and it's bearing fruit.