Dak on the next step for the Cowboy's offense

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Shouldn't Dak be the one getting everyone locked in?? I'm confused
Why would he care, he wants top money....if everyone else gets the pie, the pie gets smaller.
In any case there's a chance he's not even here.
He knows what he's saying (you can tell by the slight smirk with every comment).
The funniest comment was when he mentioned getting it together in JULY....as if he's going to still be here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is, he's pretty old and worn for the position. Do you really expect better results now than when he was younger and fresher? I don't. And I think most of the players aren't chasing the ring as much as they claim given how they constantly perform in the playoffs.
that isnt what you first implied.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
For all of the Dak doubters, haters, etc...

Get properly informed, watch this tape and get a reality check.

Dak Prescott is not the problem.

“Don’t blame Dak bc he is an All Pro and the whole team played like trash vs GB!!”

That- is supposed to exonerate Dak? Cmon man.

No— with the great big bag comes great big responsibilities.

Dak has not shown up in Jan enough and if he is the “leader” everyone thinks he is— then he needs to first lead himself and put his best on the field in the playoffs and then lead his teammates to their best by leading by example. And no— thumping a mediocre TB team — while good— isn’t enough to change the narrative when you lose the next two playoff games you play.

Dak’s issue is that he is getting paid for Prime Rib production in the playoffs, and he keeps delivering hamburger production when it matters most.

Pointing the finger at the rest of the team and saying they need to play better too is simply refusing to accept the simple fact that the guy who gets the biggest bag will get the criticism when things go to crap.

And things have gone to crap in Jan during Dak’s tenure. Often. To pretend he isn’t responsible for any of that is delusional.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
“Don’t blame Dak bc he is an All Pro and the whole team played like trash vs GB!!”

That- is supposed to exonerate Dak? Cmon man.

No— with the great big bag comes great big responsibilities.

Dak has not shown up in Jan enough and if he is the “leader” everyone thinks he is— then he needs to first lead himself and put his best on the field in the playoffs and then lead his teammates to their best by leading by example. And no— thumping a mediocre TB team — while good— isn’t enough to change the narrative when you lose the next two playoff games you play.

Dak’s issue is that he is getting paid for Prime Rib production in the playoffs, and he keeps delivering hamburger production when it matters most.

Pointing the finger at the rest of the team and saying they need to play better too is simply refusing to accept the simple fact that the guy who gets the biggest bag will get the criticism when things go to crap.

And things have gone to crap in Jan during Dak’s tenure. Often. To pretend he isn’t responsible for any of that is delusional.
Delusional is your constant complaints and diatribe. Study the tapes and listen to the breakdowns of those interceptions from the best pros. If you truly have an ounce of integrity, you would listen to what they have to say. Maybe then you will realize there is more to jusr blaming the QB...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going on 10 years almost and the same old next step silly talk from Fraudo Prescotto.
Enough of this turnover machine and no one esp his teammates are in the mood to carry him for 17 weeks!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Delusional is your constant complaints and diatribe. Study the tapes and listen to the breakdowns of those interceptions from the best pros. If you truly have an ounce of integrity, you would listen to what they have to say. Maybe then you will realize there is more to jusr blaming the QB...

OK, let's change the optics. The Defense stunk, but Dak (yet again, after SFx2) was unable to rally a response.
Problem is increasing Dak's CAP% doesn't help us creating a top Defense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Prescott further confirming there is practically no contract negotiations talk ongoing between the two parties. All that is needed is Jones being asked about the current status and him saying they are talking.

Which party can anyone believe? That is a rhetorical question for me personally.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Prescott further confirming there is practically no contract negotiations talk ongoing between the two parties. All that is needed is Jones being asked about the current status and him saying they are talking.

Which party can anyone believe? That is a rhetorical question for me personally.
Neither party wants to blink early. The next stage is the rumor about Dak being cut (and the saved $29m).
But you're right, don't believe wither side. On Jerry's part, Pre-season's too late to negotiate it ..... Jerry take it that Dak is not giving a Home Town Discount, so there is no point in paying Dak $29m in 2024, in a year we aren't seriously competing.
Cut, save money, clear CAP (2024), regroup in strong position in 2025.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I believe Dak.......Jerry never wants fans to know things are as bad as they are. To be honest, I'm starting to think Dak has NO intention of signing until he sees how this season plays out and may not then. Remember before the draft he reminded us that he bet on himself before and will do so again.
Shoot.....He knows he can get $50M a year from Jerry today but he's going for the kill of $60M+.

Redline360

Reaction score
My boss always explains the cowboys as...

Having a brand new Ferrari with all the bell and whistles but putting old ****** tires on it. Going to perform great for awhile until the tires blow out later into the race and you crash and burn.

Honestly think this is just a way to send them off together for some ridiculous Jerry reason.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither party wants to blink early. The next stage is the rumor about Dak being cut (and the saved $29m).
But you're right, don't believe wither side. On Jerry's part, Pre-season's too late to negotiate it ..... Jerry take it that Dak is not giving a Home Town Discount, so there is no point in paying Dak $29m in 2024, in a year we aren't seriously competing.
Cut, save money, clear CAP (2024), regroup in strong position in 2025.
No, I believe Prescott's public admission. Jones is doing what Jones does. He is selling the perception he is actively involved in securing quarterback security while he is likely saying squat to Prescott behind the scenes.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
LOL. Come on man. The grass on the field is explaining to the lawnmower man how he has to do his job.

We need to find a franchise QB. Thats the next step for this offense.
LOL LOL .....what's funny is his tone seems to imply he's not worried one bit but why should he be?