Dak on the next step for the Cowboy's offense

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This team has failed in many different was whether it was Dak,lack of running game ,poor offensive scheming or a defense that gets shredded like a knife through butter
:hammer: I have said many times.......Dak has his issues, no question about that, but this team's problems right now are way bigger than Dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
:hammer: I have said many times.......Dak has his issues, no question about that, but this team's problems right now are way bigger than Dak.
....and then we go back to Dak not being the problem, however, he can't overcome the weaknesses in the team....weaknesses that his 20% CAP hit won't overcome. Indeed, many believe he just doesn't have the fighting ability when trailing. Not many QB's walk through play-offs without facing some adversity and time and time again he comes up short.
The only way he's worth it, us to give a long contract and we do a Hurts....even then it doesn't guarantee Dak holds onto his composure.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak will be on the market in 2025, if that's what we choose....as he's NOT giving a Home Town Discount, no point in pandering and paying him in 2024
This I agree 1000%.......it's like we are wasting/playing with a year of other players' careers. It's not hard to see......
  • Jerry and Stephen are too scared to pay him what he wants ( can't blame them there )
  • But they are also scared to lose him or start over at the QB position
Instead of having the balls to make a decision and live with it, they are hoping Dak will have a bad year (performance-wise or injured) to bring his market value down to bail them out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This I agree 1000%.......it's like we are wasting/playing with a year of other players' careers. It's not hard to see......
  • Jerry and Stephen are too scared to pay him what he wants ( can't blame them there )
Instead of having the balls to make a decision and live with it, they are hoping Dak will have a bad year (performance-wise or injured) to bring his market value down to bail them out.
That’s exactly what it is. It will be fitting for him to raise his value…

starfan1

Reaction score
The lack of run-defense is only relevant if the team hasn't the offense to counter.
We like to blame the run defense vrs SF Play-Offs (x2), which was poor....but it doesn't distract that Dak had the ball 4 times to pull off a win and a tie in both games.
So looking at the 'holes' that appeared in the GB game, how do we foresee and block all of them?
I'm not saying or blaming Dak, I'm saying build a 2016 O-Line to protect a QB as Dak had and use the saving (as I'd cut him Pre-June) on building in the trenches.
Dak will be on the market in 2025, if that's what we choose....as he's NOT giving a Home Town Discount, no point in pandering and paying him in 2024.
that would be the run game that has been mentioned so regulary.If an offense is 1 dimensional in playoffs you lose against good teams unless they turn it over. will be interesting to se what happens .Good day sir

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yep, you're not the first to mention about Jerry the inability to make a decision and yes this smacks of Jerry still wanting Dak.... he's not once mentioned the "c" utting word, probably because he doesn't want to upset Dak.
Jerry, let it go (he's like a guy pining over the woman who's leaving him) .... Dak isn't giving you a HT Discount and France is playing you, as they don't think you'll cut him.
Gawd help this Franchise when Jerry capitulates, because CeeDee and Micah will kill the CAP for the foreseeable (as they know we're surrender monkeys).
The cutting Dak in 2024 is a better mid/long term strategy (go get him in 2025 with a clean slate if Jerry wants him....at least he'll be in a stronger financial/CAP position and have more gravitas as a GM).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
that would be the run game that has been mentioned so regulary.If an offense is 1 dimensional in playoffs you lose against good teams unless they turn it over. will be interesting to se what happens .Good day sir
Running down the clock isn't a problem if we score points. Dak had the ball to win those two SF games (despite the lack of run defense and running game).

starfan1

Reaction score
Running down the clock isn't a problem if we score points. Dak had the ball to win those two SF games (despite the lack of run defense and running game).
you can have last word Ive moved past those san Fran games.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The cutting Dak in 2024 is a better mid/long term strategy (go get him in 2025 with a clean slate if Jerry wants him....at least he'll be in a stronger financial/CAP position and have more gravitas as a GM).
Here's the thing........with the way they have handled this offseason, our chances of making the playoffs are slim to none. If they know they are NOT going to pay Dak $60M+ regardless, why not move on and pass the torch to Lance right now and use this year to see what he can do?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Here's the thing........with the way they have handled this offseason, our chances of making the playoffs are slim to none. If they know they are NOT going to pay Dak $60M+ regardless, why not move on and pass the torch to Lance right now and use this year to see what he can do?
Yep. The added bonus is that Dak's hitting free agency anyway and we can bid if Lance doesn't perform. As you say it's unlikely we get to the play-offs (probably with or without Dak).

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
OK, let's change the optics. The Defense stunk, but Dak (yet again, after SFx2) was unable to rally a response.
Problem is increasing Dak's CAP% doesn't help us creating a top Defense.
Rally a response? The man helped the packers destroy the defense with his horrific play. Whatever he did in the 2nd half was a pointless show of bravado given that the game was well out of reach.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
That last part is what I don’t understand about the joneses. If he gets injured do they have a LEGITIMATE back up plan? That kind of thinking is what got them in this mess in the first place.

Dak gets hurt 2020 and they have 3 back ups who didn’t really do well. That also has to do with poor offensive line play as well, but I believe the joneses figured they would get a cheap Dak due to the injury. Funny part is, with every game he missed and the QB stunk up, his cost increased.

If Lance is the so-called Leverage against Daks performance or injury, then his 5th year option should have been picked up but they didn’t. Typical joneses, the bark of a Rottweiler but the bite of a chihuahua

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
lol for someone who say they arent anti -dak your arguments reflect differently but thats all good either way:cool:
That's because I'm looking at it objectively.
You're using one eye....and conveniently over looking at my 'pro' Dak comment (which happens to be my first preferred choice). This always seems to be the problem with the Dak (first and last and always fans), you see what you want and ignore and shift blame on the rest.