Dak on what to expect from Moore's offense

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course we are. The changes in philosophy would be based on the idea that the cowboys have moved from a team who depends on winning individual matchups across the board, to actually scheming wins. I'll believe it when I see it.
If Cowboys are depending on winning schemes , we’re in big trouble most likely.

I’d say most of our wins are against lesser talent and most of our losses are against greater talent with few exceptions. Better teams can have off days and lesser teams good days. It’s why they’re called upsets.

To me the most important aspect of coaching is assembling the talent recognizing where the greatest needs are. Play calling is over rated as QB’s audible about half the plays. Well , maybe not this QB.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The offense is a very good one. Disguising it fixes the only issue with it.
Uh, disguising plays is a part of an offense. Without it, the offense isn't good.

It's like saying your passing game is good, the only issue is that there aren't any WRs.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I’d say most of our wins are against lesser talent and most of our losses are against greater talent with few exceptions. Better teams can have off days and lesser teams good days. It’s why they’re called upsets.

To me the most important aspect of coaching is assembling the talent recognizing where the greatest needs are. Play calling is over rated as QB’s audible about half the plays. Well , maybe not this QB.

Many times those "off days" were forced by the other team. Our defense didn't just have an "off Day" against the Rams, the Rams schemed and game planned their attack to force the "off day". The Colts didn't just have a "good day" running the ball against us, they schemed that by changing their blocking schemes to confuse our players. Those good days/bad days are usually done because of preparation, game planning, schemes and execution.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I don't seem any benefit in telling teams "Yeah we are still running the same plays, but they will look different at the start".

So basically defenses can just focus on the same plays, and not worry about pre snap formations and motion?
This is not how the NFL works.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yea - so Moore is still running JG's trash offense.

The issue wasn't the plays. It was the disguise and gameplanning. All the RPO and PA stuff is already in, they just need to be called more than 13% of the time. Motion and formations are more key imo and can be differed within the same play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I
Many times those "off days" were forced by the other team. Our defense didn't just have an "off Day" against the Rams, the Rams schemed and game planned their attack to force the "off day". The Colts didn't just have a "good day" running the ball against us, they schemed that by changing their blocking schemes to confuse our players. Those good days/bad days are usually done because of preparation, game planning, schemes and execution.
i didn’t consider us a better team than the Rams anyway. They saw our weakness and exploited it to perfection.

But great teams and especially QB’s have off days. Do defensive schemes sometimes effect. Of course. But crappy talent and great schemes aren’t usually a winning ingredient. Great schemes work better with superior talent.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Pretty much what some here have already said.......he's likely taking the same plays and running them several different ways. I assume the idea is to keep defensive coors guessing play to play, week to week, game to game.

Sounds good, does it taste great is the question. We shall see

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If they're presenting it in a new way, why in the hell is his hat on backwards? Is he unaware of the curse? Next thing we know, his butt will start growing and he will be fat. Next stop? Cabo

Posters here spend more time on players' weight than the critics at fashion shows.

:laugh::lmao::lmao2:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
1st play...bomb to Gallup ... TD...OMG this offense is fantastic, Dak is the man, worth every penny...16-0
Zeke gets a 0 yard gain...this offense sucks, same old JG crap, Moore sucks...0-16

1st incomplete pass...Dak sucks, I told you he is not worth all that money....0-16
Zeke breaks a 79 yard TD run...this offense is great, OL is back, 16-0
:hammer:BOOM!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I

i didn’t consider us a better team than the Rams anyway. They saw our weakness and exploited it to perfection.

But great teams and especially QB’s have off days. Do defensive schemes sometimes effect. Of course. But crappy talent and great schemes aren’t usually a winning ingredient. Great schemes work better with superior talent.
The Panthers don't have better talent and we lost to them because we were woefully unprepared, not just because our guys had an "off day". The Lions didn't beat the Pats last year, because the Pats had an "off day" and while their scheme couldn't be described as great, but it was great that day. While they didn't win against the Rams, they had a great game plan that was used and expanded by other teams. We don't have "crappy" talent, so better preparation and game planning is going to yield better results. Talent only takes you so far, you still need to put that talent in positions to succeed.

Birdgang

Reaction score

The problem with changes is it can take time for it all to click . Cowboys are going to be in trouble because they are running out of time before the Game of Cap chooses to send its Dothraki horde through the roster. Cowboys have done really well last 8 seasons getting talent. no doubt in my mind the Cowboys could of / should of won another SB 2014-2018.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Panthers don't have better talent and we lost to them because we were woefully unprepared, not just because our guys had an "off day". The Lions didn't beat the Pats last year, because the Pats had an "off day" and while their scheme couldn't be described as great, but it was great that day. While they didn't win against the Rams, they had a great game plan that was used and expanded by other teams. We don't have "crappy" talent, so better preparation and game planning is going to yield better results. Talent only takes you so far, you still need to put that talent in positions to succeed.
Talent trumps all. But yes as we saw in 1994 poor coaching can hurt you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The problem with changes is it can take time for it all to click . Cowboys are going to be in trouble because they are running out of time before the Game of Cap chooses to send its Dothraki horde through the roster. Cowboys have done really well last 8 seasons getting talent. no doubt in my mind the Cowboys could of / should of won another SB 2012-2018.
I’d agree until you say we should have won a SB. I havent seen a SB caliber team here during this time frame.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Talent trumps all. But yes as we saw in 1994 poor coaching can hurt you.
Talent does not trump all, if that was the case, the Pats wouldn't have won as many Superbowls as they have. They haven't always had the most talented roster, it's been because of their preparation, game planning and being able to adapt not just to other teams, but to the players on their roster. Talent is only a piece of the puzzle, but still takes more than talent to win. We didn't beat the Saints because of our superior talent, we beat them because of a great gameplan and put our talent in the right positions.