Dak on what to expect from Moore's offense

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most people have no idea how much Linehan held this team back, not to mention Rod.

That's the truth. Nobody did less with more than Scott Linehan.

Want proof?

Tell me where the self-declared genius is working today?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a clip from Good Morning Football discussing what Moore might bring, for those interested:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
And I’m saying the shifts and motions and wrinkles that Moore adds to Garrett’s offense will make it more effective. The only things to prevent that are injury and officiating.
And the fact that JG doesn't know how that works and the fact that Moore has never been an OC and the fact that Dak has never shown a proclivity to do that and the fact we're still going to be a power-run offense first. Shifts and motions and wrinkles don't mean anything, because the passing concepts aren't going to change. Unless they shift and then change the play based on what the defense does (which is what the Rams did until they got owned by the Pats), nothing will change.

The offense will be better this year just based on health and having Amari. I'm not convinced that anything else will change, and nobody else should be either, because the passing game is the same now as it was in 2007.

Brax

Reaction score
Excuses for Dak on deck
JJ said he was a boy genius, wonder what happened? Not sure why people are expecting some new Offense, KM spent his whole NFL career under SL. What Dak said should also be taken with a grain of salt as Dak also said he doesn't need a # 1 receiver. No one will know what KM brings to the table until 5 or 6 games, if it's the same old Dallas is in trouble.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
If we're smart we should be tight-lipped about the whole thing, let the defenses speculate and take lightly any changes to the offensive game plan, just as many of us have already shown in this thread;)

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I want to see triple options, 3 flea flickers a game, statue of liberty, fumblerooski, and more linemen declaring eligible. And wildcat schemes, as well.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Capture.jpg

ESisback

Reaction score
And the fact that JG doesn't know how that works and the fact that Moore has never been an OC and the fact that Dak has never shown a proclivity to do that and the fact we're still going to be a power-run offense first. Shifts and motions and wrinkles don't mean anything, because the passing concepts aren't going to change. Unless they shift and then change the play based on what the defense does (which is what the Rams did until they got owned by the Pats), nothing will change.

The offense will be better this year just based on health and having Amari. I'm not convinced that anything else will change, and nobody else should be either, because the passing game is the same now as it was in 2007.

I think it sounds like you just want (or need) to be stressed about it. Shifts and motion and “wrinkles” can’t do anything BUT make the offense more unpredictable. That makes it more effective, and coupled with a better defense, a better team.

The tragedy to me is IF injuries, suspensions or officiating prevents us from taking the next step, this board will explode with wailing and handwringing, as well as smirky “I told you so’s” from Eeyores who erroneously believe they were validated.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That's the truth. Nobody did less with more than Scott Linehan.

Want proof?

Tell me where the self-declared genius is working today?
He don’t habe to work anymore. I think JJ was paying him 2.1 million a year on a 3 year deal. Who knows what he made before that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He don’t habe to work anymore. I think JJ was paying him 2.1 million a year on a 3 year deal. Who knows what he made before that.

The choice isn't his to make. I hope he's saved his money. The NFL has no interest in him.

It's a bit shocking to see how many people struggle to find work after leaving here.

Dez
Linehan
Frank Pollack (fired after just one year)
Paul Alexander (out of the league)
Terrance Williams (is his career over?)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think it sounds like you just want (or need) to be stressed about it. Shifts and motion and “wrinkles” can’t do anything BUT make the offense more unpredictable. That makes it more effective, and coupled with a better defense, a better team.

The tragedy to me is IF injuries, suspensions or officiating prevents us from taking the next step, this board will explode with wailing and handwringing, as well as smirky “I told you so’s” from Eeyores who erroneously believe they were validated.
No, because if there isn't any variance, they can make it even more clear what the offense is going to do. See also: Brown, Noah and Whitehead, Lucky. It only works as you describe if you implement motions, shifts and tweaks week-to-week and depending on what opponents' defenses weaknesses are. The Cowboys have never shown any ability or desire to do that...it stands in opposition to the philosophy they've had for the last 5 years.

Injuries and penalties have absolutely 0 to do with introducing a new scheme. I'm open to the idea that the Cowboys can be this type of offense, there is just absolutely 0 evidence to suggest that they can do it successfully.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The choice isn't his to make. I hope he's saved his money. The NFL has no interest in him.

It's a bit shocking to see how many people struggle to find work after leaving here.

Dez
Linehan
Frank Pollack (fired after just one year)
Paul Alexander (out of the league)
Terrance Williams (is his career over?)
I think Linehan was also the HC of the rams for a few years also. Hmm and we lose to them in his last game as OC here. If the rams hire him as anything then I call shenanigans. Lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Bring back the Center-Sneak or get out.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No, because if there isn't any variance, they can make it even more clear what the offense is going to do. See also: Brown, Noah and Whitehead, Lucky. It only works as you describe if you implement motions, shifts and tweaks week-to-week and depending on what opponents' defenses weaknesses are. The Cowboys have never shown any ability or desire to do that...it stands in opposition to the philosophy they've had for the last 5 years.

Injuries and penalties have absolutely 0 to do with introducing a new scheme. I'm open to the idea that the Cowboys can be this type of offense, there is just absolutely 0 evidence to suggest that they can do it successfully.
Damn this team sucks...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pretty much what some here have already said.......he's likely taking the same plays and running them several different ways. I assume the idea is to keep defensive coors guessing play to play, week to week, game to game.

Why would you even publicly say that? How about, "Oh yeah, it's a completely different playbook. Nobody will even recognize these plays!"?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Linehan was also the HC of the rams for a few years also. Hmm and we lose to them in his last game as OC here. If the rams hire him as anything then I call shenanigans. Lol.

Look it up, he was run out of town with the Rams - four games into a season. And he was despised by his top players - the Rams' "triplets" at the time - Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, and Torry Holt. They hated the guy.

I doubt he ever gets back in the league at all, but the Rams would be the last team to hire him!

ESisback

Reaction score

Injuries and penalties ALWAYS influence outcomes, and why CAN’T the Cowboys do it successfully? They’ve learned to draft better, they’ve changed OC’s, they don’t go bat**** crazy in FA anymore—they’ve evolved. Things, people change. Why hold on to past failures?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Injuries and penalties ALWAYS influence outcomes, and why CAN’T the Cowboys do it successfully? They’ve learned to draft better, they’ve changed OC’s, they don’t go bat**** crazy in FA anymore—they’ve evolved. Things, people change. Why hold on to past failures?
I didn't say they don't influence outcomes.

The front office has evolved. Jason Garrett hasn't. And like I said, I'm open to the idea that they can change. There is just absolutely no evidence to suggest that they can, other than....faith?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which SHOULD be enough to make us real contenders. JMO.
Could be but yet to be seen. Assuming you mean Championship contenders.

In each era we became a Championship caliber team I wasn’t sure until we actually contended for it. Perhaps I should be from Missouri, the Show Me state. Ha

zerofill

Reaction score
Hope they shove that screen they ran 85% of the time on 3rd and 10+ pass plays, up their _____.