Dak only 1 of 5 active QBs to lead league in TDs in a year

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers - 2 (2016, 2020)

Patrick Mahomes - 2 (2018, 2022)

Lamar Jackson - 1 (2019)

Dak Prescott - 1 (2023)

Russell Wilson - 1 (2017)

I see no reason to not resign him. We have one of the more elite QBs in the league. This defense is Zimmer's job to fix, not his. Until it's fixed expect us to go 1 and done regularly. Sure his price tag is gonna be expensive but so is half the QBs in the league, and they all navigate around it. Id sign him to 6 years in the low 50s.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Lamar Jackson - 1 (2019)

Dak Prescott - 1 (2023)

I see no reason to not resign him. We have one of the more elite QBs in the league. This defense is Zimmer's job to fix, not his. Until it's fixed expect us to go 1 and done regularly. Sure his price tag is gonna be expensive but so is half the QBs in the league, and they all navigate around it. Id sign him to 6 years in the low 50s.
I care more about wins in the playoffs than individual statistics, so I do see a reason not to resign Dak. If he is going to get top dollar pay, then he needs to perform commenserate to that pay status. That means championships! Bring home a Lombardi trophy and you can have your extension, Dak.

Bing

Reaction score

Lamar Jackson - 1 (2019)

Dak Prescott - 1 (2023)

There are plenty of reasons not to sign Dak. Mine is simple, he has had his chances and cant do it. He can not get over the playoff hump so it's time for him to be replaced.

Look Dak has been given everything possible that a QB needs, the player personal has been outstanding and ever changing over his career.

Do you know that there are only two players left on the Dallas Cowboys that were here when Dak was drafted. Everybody else on the team has fewer years with the team.

It's funny, fans have no problems replacing a player in the hope's it betters the team, but the minute the Dak lovers fear it's his time to go they make every excuse possible why he should stay. Let the man go, it's time for someone else to lead this team

J12B

Reaction score
The defense is garbage?

Cowboys defense under Dan Quinn since 2021​

NFL RANK
PPG Allowed19.95th
3rd Down Pct Allowed36.4%4th
Sacks1416th
QB Pressure Rate41.4%1st
TD-INT Allowed68-592nd
Interceptions591st
Takeaways931st
Defensive TD151st
We were a great defense until we had to face a Head Coach who knew how to gameplan our weaknesses.

San Francisco and Green Bay are on a whole other level and it's because of their coaching.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Lamar Jackson - 1 (2019)

Dak Prescott - 1 (2023)

He’s a top 5 QB for sure but the knock with Dak is that he can’t demand double teams as a NT to fill that gap.