Dak only 1 of 5 active QBs to lead league in TDs in a year

rambo2

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers - 2 (2016, 2020)

Patrick Mahomes - 2 (2018, 2022)

Lamar Jackson - 1 (2019)

Dak Prescott - 1 (2023)

Russell Wilson - 1 (2017)

I see no reason to not resign him. We have one of the more elite QBs in the league. This defense is Zimmer's job to fix, not his. Until it's fixed expect us to go 1 and done regularly. Sure his price tag is gonna be expensive but so is half the QBs in the league, and they all navigate around it. Id sign him to 6 years in the low 50s.
A good chance that he leads the league again this year.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Will start 2-5 as the schedule is going to show true colors as the more difficult playoff games does for this man. Now, any ridiculous elite talk or top 5, which somebody is completely lost, just pop up the Green Bay game and take a looksie. Single handedly took us out of the game in the first 25 minutes. PLAYERS MOTHERS WERE MAD AT THAT CLOWN SHOW!

jwitten82

Reaction score
The defense is garbage?

Cowboys defense under Dan Quinn since 2021​

NFL RANK
PPG Allowed19.95th
3rd Down Pct Allowed36.4%4th
Sacks1416th
QB Pressure Rate41.4%1st
TD-INT Allowed68-592nd
Interceptions591st
Takeaways931st
Defensive TD151st
The people who expect Zimmer to match that production are in for a rude awakening. I expect our turnovers to fall

GINeric

Reaction score
There's one common achievement among the four not named Dak.

Just one? I can think of a few besides the obvious.

1. They all have better coaching than Dak.
2. They all had better offensive coordinators than Dak.
3. They all had better GMs than Dak.
4. They all were higher drafted with bigger expectations than Dak.

With that said, who disagrees with any of those points, please feel free to state your case to prove it wrong.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see no reason to not resign him.
tenor.gif

GINeric

Reaction score
I care more about wins in the playoffs than individual statistics, so I do see a reason not to resign Dak. If he is going to get top dollar pay, then he needs to perform commenserate to that pay status. That means championships! Bring home a Lombardi trophy and you can have your extension, Dak.

I have no problem with this mindset.... so according to what you're saying, shouldn't Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher been paid the same amount of money as Aaron Rodgers? They all have ONE championship apiece.

Why wasn't Eli Manning paid more than Rodgers?? He has more championship rings than Rodgers. Why hasn't Eli been considered a better quarterback than Rodgers, he's won more championships, correct?

Yobwocs

Reaction score

With that said, who disagrees with any of those points, please feel free to state your case to prove it wrong.
I think he's trying to say they all have a Super Bowl. But that's inaccurate, Jackson has no Super Bowl.

If he's saying Jackson has 2 MVPs, pretty sure the Dak haters are gonna say something like "Boomer Esaison and Cam Newton has MVPs too" if Dak had 2 MVPS with 2 playoff wins.

And if Dak does what Josh Allen does and can only beat Skylar Thompson, Mac Jones, and Mason Rudolph..... they'll probably find a way to demean that too.

GINeric

Reaction score
The defense is garbage?

Cowboys defense under Dan Quinn since 2021​

NFL RANK
PPG Allowed19.95th
3rd Down Pct Allowed36.4%4th
Sacks1416th
QB Pressure Rate41.4%1st
TD-INT Allowed68-592nd
Interceptions591st
Takeaways931st
Defensive TD151st

Where is the stat for defending against the RUN. I see that it was conveniently left out, I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not.

But what was our defensive rankings vs the run.....

gtb1943

Reaction score
I think he's trying to say they all have a Super Bowl. But that's inaccurate, Jackson has no Super Bowl.

If he's saying Jackson has 2 MVPs, pretty sure the Dak haters are gonna say something like "Boomer Esaison and Cam Newton has MVPs too" if Dak had 2 MVPS with 2 playoff wins.

And if Dak does what Josh Allen does and can only beat Skylar Thompson, Mac Jones, and Mason Rudolph..... they'll probably find a way to demean that too.
2-5 when it matters and only really looked excellent against a losing team

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Here's his 5 losses:

1. Green Bay 2016 - 31 points in his first ever playoff start as a rookie. Not his fault his defense can't stop Rodgers. And Bryce Butler has a 37 yard penalty for huddle infraction.

2. Rams 2018 - Defense gave up 300 rushing yards. Amazing he even got this game to a one possession final score.

3. SF 2021 - Connor Williams had a holding penalty which eliminated a 32 yard catch down the middle by Lamb. Not his fault his O-Lineman sucks. We could've won that game without that play

4. SF 2022 - That was on Dak, I agree. But still just 1 out of 5.

5. GB 2023 - McCarthy, Quinn, and the defense got schooled. The look on Mike's face after giving up that opening TD before Dak even took the field said all. He knew we were done 5 minutes into the game.

GINeric

Reaction score

Great point, but what is the rest of the team's record when it mattered as well? We led the league in penalties for 3 of those seasons....

Now Dak had his fair share of mistakes in our late season demise, but he committed zero penalties when we led the league for 3 of those seasons, his teammates did. In the first playoff game vs the 49ers who had the number one defense, our TEAM committed 15 penalties.

1. Now.... what quarterback, or what team had success AFTER leading the NFL in penalties for 3 straight seasons?

2. What quarterback or what team in NFL history faced a number one defense, committed 15 penalties in that playoff game and still won?

3. If no other quarterback and/or team has ever had success AFTER leading the NFL in penalties for three straight seasons and committing 15 penalties vs a number one defense in the playoffs...... why are our quarterbacks and team expected to do what's never been done?

How does one man get blamed for the short comings of a whole team AND bad coaching/game preparation in a TEAM GAME?

What other single player in NFL history is responsible for and takes blame for his job AND the jobs and responsibilities of other players and coaches?

I'll wait.....

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wasn't A Roger's SB win with the same coach as Dak has had?

rambo2

Reaction score
Based off what? Our oline might be worse in pass protection, he has no running game teams will fear, outside of Lamb our receivers are pretty suspect. This is what I mean when I say you're not logical
Based on he just had his best season.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the look of a deer in headlights that only one of the five has had distinguishes Dak from his "peers"