Dak or Cousins-who’d you rather have at QB?

pansophy

Reaction score
Neither, out of all of the Qb's give me Mahomes or Mayfield and we will be set for 15 years.
Mahomes is going to be the best QB to play the game if he keeps this up. Of course everyone would want him.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You are never going to win with a Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, Matt Stafford or Andy Dalton type of QB unless they are surrounded by the perfect team and get lucky. They are just overpaid, stat collecting frauds. They are not winners.

sbark

Reaction score
Mahomes is going to be the best QB to play the game if he keeps this up. Of course everyone would want him.
He could well be the next Dan Marino......a goat who never won a superbowl

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak.

Cousins comes up small. Dak can play terrible, horrible games yet still find a way to get a W.

In any tight contest, Cousins chokes.

Seems to be the case from what I have seen as well. The only reason I am not real high on Cousins.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Neither, out of all of the Qb's give me Mahomes or Mayfield and we will be set for 15 years.

This

but if I had to pick from the two that the OP mentioned, I would take Kirk cousins and it wouldn’t even be close to a tossup

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cousins with this team would be amazing. Hell this team makes Dak almost serviceable.
I dsagree. I think Cousins has a pretty pass, but he is average. doesn't have the fighting mentality. stat collector. and inaccurate when you need him to be. in otherwords he doesn't raise his game. he is a me first complainer....he is middle of the pack type QB. I think Dak has more heart, leadership and desire. I take Dak

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I want winners and leaders. Dak will be an MVP in this league one day.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I want winners and leaders. Dak will be an MVP in this league one day.

If you're a QB and you want to be league MVP, it probably makes sense that you would be the most valuable player on your own team's offense.

Dak isn't even close to that. Zeke and Cooper are clearly more valuable and impactful players than Dak.
I think you could make a good argument that Zack/Freddie might be tied for 3rd as well.

Jipper

Reaction score
If you're a QB and you want to be league MVP, it probably makes sense that you would be the most valuable player on your own team's offense.

Dak isn't even close to that. Zeke and Cooper are clearly more valuable and impactful players than Dak.
I think you could make a good argument that Zack/Freddie might be tied for 3rd as well.

I know you don’t want to hear it but the 4 other players you are comparing dak to we’re all very highly rated and drafted players. There is a reason dak went in the fourth round and it was bc he needed to develop. Also the learning curve at qb is far steeper than any of the other positions you are comparing him to.

Dak is improving and if he keeps improving one would hope he becomes the mvp on the team...he had made a lot of progress in year three from year two and I could see him taking another big jump in year four.

Only time will tell...he was a very raw mid round pick and needed a lot more work than the others, it’s a fact and that has to be taken into consideration

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Cracking 20 TD passes also seems to be a requirement for being league MVP (well it’s probably 30 TD passes but baby steps)...

cern

Reaction score
Dak has the possibility he will improve. Imo, cousins has played his best already.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cousins ... but not at $28 mil a year.

I trash Dak left and right, but you can keep Cousins. Cousins shows why he used to be a backup. He also has the tendency to throw picks in the endzone which really bothers me about a QB. I'd rather Dak take the sack than do that. Dak threw a few bad one's but not enough to aggravate me. Two that I can recall and that's not too bad for 3 seasons. Dak is young and durable with room to improve. I'll take him over the grossly over paid Cousins.