Dak or Cousins-who’d you rather have at QB?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins is like Stafford, can put up Stats, but can be put the teams that he is QBing in the playoffs on a consistent basis. Cousins is now on a team that is more talented than the Skins and he has weapons on that Vikings offense. So, if he can't turn the Vikings into a consistent playoff team, then there is no guarantee that he would do the same for the Cowboys. For all of that money he is being paid with.

This Sunday the pressure and spotlight will be on Cousins to send the Vikings to the playoffs. So, we will see if he can earn his paycheck and be clutch. We'll see if he can start to step up in big primetime/ big important spot light games, since he is on a new team now.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If you're a QB and you want to be league MVP, it probably makes sense that you would be the most valuable player on your own team's offense.

Dak isn't even close to that. Zeke and Cooper are clearly more valuable and impactful players than Dak.
I think you could make a good argument that Zack/Freddie might be tied for 3rd as well.
3 winning seasons and when he plays well we typically win. 2nd most come back victories in the 4th since he was drafted. 2nd most wins since he was drafted. Sounds pretty valuable. However, I said Dak would be the MVP of the NFL one day....not just our team.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
3 winning seasons and when he plays well we typically win. 2nd most come back victories in the 4th since he was drafted. 2nd most wins since he was drafted. Sounds pretty valuable. However, I said Dak would be the MVP of the NFL one day....not just our team.

Opinions vary.

When Zeke gets 22+ carries, the team wins.
When Zeke doesn't, or when he's not suited up, the team struggles badly. See the suspension last year as evidence.

Zeke is by far the most valuable.
I'd put AC #2 right now.

Time will tell if your prediction is right, but as long as QB's are still primarily responsible for throwing, rather than running the ball, I don't see Dak winning team MVP, much less league.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Opinions vary.

When Zeke doesn't, or when he's not suited up, the team struggles badly. See the suspension last year as evidence.

I'd put AC #2 right now.

Time will tell if your prediction is right, but as long as QB's are still primarily responsible for throwing, rather than running the ball, I don't see Dak winning team MVP, much less league.
You may be right. Drew Brees never won an MVP.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You may be right. Drew Brees never won an MVP.

Great point. They are very much a like.

I did the math. If Dak can play at his current level of production for 25 years, he'll throw almost as many TD passes as Brees has.
Amazing the similarities between those 2. LOL

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Great point. They are very much a like.

I did the math. If Dak can play at his current level of production for 25 years, he'll throw almost as many TD passes as Brees has.
Amazing the similarities between those 2. LOL
I was being sarcastic because it is a passing league and Drew is the most prolific passer in NFL history yet no MVP. Cam Newton is another sarcastic reply.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Compare both players first 3 seasons, that's all we have to realistically compare.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just curious. I know Kirk got way too much guaranteed money w/ the Vikes but if he wasn’t locked up would you take him over Dak?

The problem with this is figuring out all the variables. Cousins is asked to do more in Minnesota because it isn't a run-first team built around ball control and a great tailback. (The Vikings are 30th in rushing yards per game.)

That would seem to indicate that if Cousins played here, where he'd be asked to do less, then he'd have greater success because he wouldn't have to carry the offense. However, it would also mean his numbers would be less and possibly look more like Dak's, while if Dak was in Minnesota, it's possible that his numbers would look more like Cousin's or perhaps be even better.

However, given that in that situation, Cousins is still completing 70.7 percent of his passes, has thrown for more than 4,000 yards and has 29 TD passes to 10 ints. for a 100.9 rating, it's impossible to ignore that Cousins is a better passer than Prescott, so I don't think that would change if the situations were reversed.

Because of that, I'd have to pick Cousins at this point because I think he would enhance the passing threat in this run-based offense, which would make it easier to run against defenses. However, Dak's numbers (68.3 percent, 18 TDs, 8 ints., 6 rushing TDs) are not that far off from Cousins', so I can't say with absolutely certainty that it would be much of an upgrade (and the intangibles might make it a downgrade).

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CowboyRoy, post:

In THIS offense, I take Dak.[/QUOTE]

But this offense isn't going to get much better. Is it enough to go all the way? The Colts proved there were flaws and the blueprint for defeat is out there.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Opinions vary.

I'd put AC #2 right now.

We used to win when Murray would get 20 carries but for some reason the QB wouldn’t hand him the ball and we would lose.

dfense

Reaction score
Cousins is a strange curiosity. He can make the throws, but he wilts at crunch time.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
We used to win when Murray would get 20 carries but for some reason the QB wouldn’t hand him the ball and we would lose.

And yet, in 2014 (Romo's last season), 2 of our 4 losses were games in which Murray had 20 or more carries. Both by double digits. Added bonus--the first TD of the season by the opposition came on a Murray fumble returned for a TD by the Niners, :45 into the first quarter. We win either of those 2 games, we have homefield. PS I'm not saying that Romo lit the world on fire in both of those games. Just addressing the veracity of your Romo slam.

Truth is--I know Murray was a good back, I liked him, and was sad to see him go.
The real sad thing is, your incessant need to hate on a QB who hasn't played a snap in 3 years, to the point that you brought him up in a thread titled "Who'd you rather have, Dak or Cousins" where the discussion wasn't anywhere near concerning him.

It's most often the people who complain about Romo being repeatedly brought up, who keep bringing him up. Funny how life works that way. Hope you had Merry Christmas friend.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And yet, in 2014 (Romo's last season), 2 of our 4 losses were games in which Murray had 20 or more carries. Both by double digits. Added bonus--the first TD of the season by the opposition came on a Murray fumble returned for a TD by the Niners, :45 into the first quarter. We win either of those 2 games, we have homefield. PS I'm not saying that Romo lit the world on fire in both of those games. Just addressing the veracity of your Romo slam.

Truth is--I know Murray was a good back, I liked him, and was sad to see him go.
The real sad thing is, your incessant need to hate on a QB who hasn't played a snap in 3 years, to the point that you brought him up in a thread titled "Who'd you rather have, Dak or Cousins" where the discussion wasn't anywhere near concerning him.

It's most often the people who complain about Romo being repeatedly brought up, who keep bringing him up. Funny how life works that way. Hope you had Merry Christmas friend.
You know I love to hate that loser...and Zeke. :laugh:

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, too...and have a happy new year.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

I do recall one loss to the Packers, was because Garrett decided to go pass heavy in the 2nd half when we were up 26-3 and dominating the game. And Murray had a huge 1st half. And the Packers D couldn't stop him. But, for some reason Garrett wanted to pass in the 2nd half. Should have given it to Murray and ran the ball more than pass it in the 2nd half. And run until the Packers Defense proved that they could stop the run on a consistent basis.

Shows that sometimes a great run game is the better option to try to win a game, over going pass heavy. Even if the QB is good.