Dak outplayed Goff

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Bottom line.

Dak can't go toe-to-toe against high-powered offenses if his defense is anything less than great.

He just misses so many easy throws, and defenses don't respect him at all.
Like the two long TDs to Cooper and Gallup

Reactions: Tio

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Change my mind

Dak- 20-32... 266yds .....1TD..... 1Rushing TD
Goff- 15-28 ....186yds.......0TD
Goff didn't have to pass. they shoved the ball down our defense for the tune of 275 yards. when you do that, you don't need to pass. you run, you eat the clock and you control the game.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak was superior.....check your numbers Sir Hate a Lot

Ironic the standards by which you say Dak played better than Goff are the ones you say have no value when the Cowboys win. Like his numbers when he throws for less than 200 yards each game.

Guy padded his stats in prevent. It’s OK..

The loss pretty much went like expected when Dak got down by at least two scores even when he was passing a majority of the time during that stretch and Zeke still running pretty good. Dak kept handing the ball right back to Goff.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
1/10 on 3rd-down conversions tell a very different story on who outplayed who.
He was 5/8 on those 3rd downs and was short by a yard 4 times

They picked 3 of those 4 and another on a penalty

So what story did it really tell if we kept the ball anyways

Brax

Reaction score
He absolutely did.

But he wasn’t flawless and perfect. So he sucks.
He lost, score was 30-22 , if he had hit a few of the wide open receivers in the game it may of went a different way. He's so good and yet so bad. next year with a first place schedule may be a ugly season. Dak has to many problems to be the long term answer.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Goff didn't have to pass. they shoved the ball down our defense for the tune of 275 yards. when you do that, you don't need to pass. you run, you eat the clock and you control the game.
they were one play away from a tied game...... lame excuse

Philmonroe

Reaction score
if you only show up to complain, you aren't a real fan. Christ, there are poster names I haven't seen since the Titans' loss
The ole rule book on how to be a fan by randoms online smh. Where can we purchase this book that outlines how to be an acceptable fan. Maybe you pay attention to certain things more when they lose? With all that said can you show me proof of the posters that wanted us to lose so they could talk mess instead of going to the first NFCCG in 2 decades?

Ken

Reaction score
9 of Dak’s completions came on the final drive in prevent on check-down over the middle. He was 11 for 23 before than.

How about that QBR!
He was 8 of 13 at the half for 87 yards. He was 12 of 19 in the 2nd half. He completed 7 of 12 in the 3rd quarter.

By my math....he was 15 of 25 through 3 quarters, not including the completion for the 2 point conversion.

Now if my maths isn't failing me...looks like 5 of 7 in the 4th quarter to me.

Where did you get your numbers from, your butt?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Ironic the standards by which you say Dak played better than Goff are the ones you say have no value when the Cowboys win. Like his numbers when he throws for less than 200 yards each game.

Guy padded his stats in prevent. It’s OK..

The loss pretty much went like expected when Dak got down by at least two scores even when he was passing a majority of the time during that stretch and Zeke still running pretty good. Dak kept handing the ball right back to Goff.
He only had 1 sub 200 game in the last 10 and that was a Win with a 106.8 rating

You are grasping at straws .....Dak has been awesome since Cooper got here... 270 ypg ...14/4 TD to INT

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The ole rule book on how to be a fan by randoms online smh. Where can we purchase this book that outlines how to be an acceptable fan. Maybe you pay attention to certain things more when they lose? With all that said can you show me proof of the posters that wanted us to lose so they could talk mess instead of going to the first NFCCG in 2 decades?

There is only one rule to being a true fan. Once you become a fan to a team, no matter how bad the times get, you're still a fan. I mean people who stuck through the gaily, campo eras must be real fans no matter if they tend to criticize or be homers and such. Some off us just don't blindly buy into things.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He was 8 of 13 at the half for 87 yards. He was 12 of 19 in the 2nd half. He completed 7 of 12 in the 3rd quarter.

By my math....he was 15 of 25 through 3 quarters, not including the completion for the 2 point conversion.

Ouch @khiladi ......that'll leave a mark

Reactions: Ken

khiladi

Reaction score

Said it so many times.. in already broke it down for you in detail in ny original post in this thread except made one mistake.

Instead of him going 9 for 9 on the final drive, it was 6 for 8. He actually ran for the TD on the final play of that drive which I counted as a pass. He was bailed out on a cheap ticky tack PI call on Talib when he did his awful pocket presence dance and sailed a dud that was uncatcheable on a 4th and 3. I counted that PI as an actual completion originally and I counted a pass to a covered Zeke on a checkdown pass as a completion, showing how comservative he was, not throwing at all at the sidelines or deeper.

All the stats are listed in detail in Pro Reference in the full play by play.

Sorry to hurt your feelings but it is what it is. Dak’s stats including his QBR were affected by garbage time, stat padding.