Dak outplayed Goff

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo would have thrown a pick 6
Not really. Only 1 real int in his 6 playoff games.

And really, Dak DID throw a very easy pick 6 yesterday but somehow we were fortunate the guy dropped it.

Anyway, dont wish to get in any Dak/Tony squabble and I blame our run D more than anything else for yesterday’s loss

Dak is our QB and will be extended

sbark

Reaction score
Dak has to learn to pull that ball down and scramble upfield, 3 times hebhad no one to throw to and had a open lane. Even Aikman mentioned it. That is missing from his game. Other than that I thought he played very well.

We had a chance to take the game but our Defense kept letting them run the ball.
No doubt, pretty good chance good things happen when he runs

Key point----he needed to establish he will and can run early, early in the game to make the Rams D account for him, take load off of O.Line, open things up for Zeke...…

If Garrett Linehane had smarts...…..1st series.....a big designed Dak run, plant it in their brains.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Goff got praised for being a real QB, last night and threw for under 200 yards. Just saying by the rules of this board, one good throw doesn't matter, if the QB throws for under 200 yards. If those are the rules that apply to Dak, then by the same logic they should apply to other QBs who get praised, including Goff. :laugh:

And I said I don’t care because I never made this argument.

I’m glad you no longer pretend to be “neutral” - I called you out on this before, you’re another Dak bumper. Stop being a coward and admit it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
A good majority of Romo's picks over the years were on tipped balls or reciever mistakes and unluckily for him he seemed to have paid the price on everyone of those mistakes, Dak on the other hand has thrown 15-20 balls directly into defensive backs hands in his 1st 3 years and they seem to drop every single one of them, he is very lucky in that regard
HE DID have 1 or 2 last night that were very bad.Telegraphed them. He was forced to carry the load though and had little choice but to make something happen. I don't care. Luck and guys like Phil Rivers been throwing bad passes for years and get a free pass. Total double standards. Dak is just fine.

Reactions: CWR

khiladi

Reaction score
Goff did not play all that great but great play wasn’t required from him with the Rams bulldozing the Cowboys on the ground. He still made a handful of throws from the pocket that were easily beyond the capabilities of Dak. And he beat Dak at his own game with the game-sealing run at the end.
Dak did not play poorly by any stretch but the limitations of a Dak-led offense were on full display. More importantly, he didn’t “just win”... as Dak slobberers across America claimed he would.

Our concept of ‘poorly’ is by Dak standards.

GenoT

Reaction score
Their individual QB stats from that game are meaningless. The scoreboard says the Rams beat the Cowboys, Goff is playing next week and Dak will be sitting at home.

Fact is, Goff’s a much better bus driver than Dak is.

khiladi

Reaction score
Congrats on being in denial and having to stick to this for at least the next 5 years..haha

Denial when you are making excuses that it’s everybody else’s fault when he sucked..

Reactions: Tio

ICP

Reaction score
Goff didn't need to outplay Dak when his team had close to 300 rushing yards.

Ken

Reaction score
Dont need anything else, 23 td passses in this era is horrible. We got Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, or Rysn Tannehill...yay! Lets all be happy guys
You are a dolt.

IF he didn't have 6 other rushing tds, do you think he would throw at least a few more?

Inquiring minds want to know.

DJordan23

Reaction score
all other 4th downs, we went outside and got it

of course, don't get me started on the bad spot on Brown's catch..
True, I was just glad that Brown made the catch with a lil "toe drag swag" because the kid had a rough time of it in the Wildcard round. I think that's why they tried to run right at the Rams there because we had gone outside on some other conversions.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Notice how the Dak apologists have slyly tried to create the strawman of “they’d rather us lose than give him credit” even before we played this game?

well I noticed that now it is how badly Goff played in his win rather than focus in on how badly our Quarterback played. If it wasn't for that surge in the 4th quarter, Daks numbers would've been a lot worse. Also, in a loss, you don't look at the other teams quarterback to evaluate your own team. smoke and mirrors. The plain simple truth is that it doesn't matter what Goff did, or what romo did in the past, to realize that when you are down by almost three scores in the 4th quarter that your quaterback has not scored enough points. If you have half the points at that point than the other team, you are not doing well. Dak did turn it on some point in the 4th quarter and looked good admittedly, but as someone else pointed out the other team did start playing us soft, doing a mistake that teams do that sometimes cost them.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m not gonna tear Dak down for that game at all. Sure he missed some throws, but he was good enough to win IMO.

As far as Goff goes he wasn’t asked to do much, but he did complete a couple of crucial 3rd downs that are not going to show in that stat line.
He wasn't good enough to win he just wasn't the biggest reason why we lost last night. Y'all are just straight blinded but hey it is what it is.

jwitten82

Reaction score
You are a dolt.

IF he didn't have 6 other rushing tds, do you think he would throw at least a few more?

Inquiring minds want to know.
No, i dont....im curious, did you think Mike Vick was a franchise qb? Because he had low td passes and high rushing td for a qb, but nobody who knows football thinks he is a franchise qb

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Or the pick six they dropped early in the game?

Can't pick and choose.

Since Dak's dropped INTs are held against him, I thought I would point out how Goff has an dropped INT as well. No need to cherry pick if your going to hold almost turnovers against Dak, then hold them against Goff, in a game where he hardly did anything amazing and only threw for 186. Another double standard that gets used as weapon against Dak, when Zeke has had a huge rushing game in a Cowboys win and Dak doesn't throw the ball for 300+ yards.