Dak, Parsons, and CeeDee's current market value per Spotrac

817Gill

Reaction score
This is nonsense.

AAV and cap hit aren't the same.
Nor is the cap nearly as restrictive as “% of cap tied to X players” makes it sound.

Also, we already signed Dak to a large deal. We signed Cooper and Lawrence to market value deals as well. We have had no issues building competitive teams. It really confuses me as to why posters act like this is the first time anyone’s ever been extended lol.

As long as we continue the team building process we have (good drafts, re-sign stars, smart and cheap FA/trade acquisitions) and Dak is healthy we’ll be a playoff team annually at the very least.

817Gill

Reaction score
How is he wrong? We certainly can run Bland and Gilmore out there and be ok.
Y’all love to leave out context lol.

Bland is a 5th round rookie he is cheap as heck. Having him on the team is by no means a reason to not sign Diggs. His contract is peanuts and using his ability as a reason to not have another great player is illogical.

Gilmore is 33 going on 34. You don’t build teams with one year in mind lol. What happens next season when Gilmore can’t do it anymore? Even if he has another, his time is coming quick. Forgoing an All-Pro corner’s contract because you have a solid vet for a year or two is poor roster management.

Do we not remember last year? CB depth is crucial! We trot out Gilmore and Bland and one gets hurt what happens? Eric Freakin Scott or Nashon Wright? You lose a SB season quick playing with fire like that. The fact that we had Diggs this year allowed us to withstand an injury.

Not signing an ALL-PRO for the sake of solid vets and a really good 2nd year guy is fans thinking only 1st ballot HOFers should get re-signed. Stop being crippled by this myth that the cap is some hard shell restrictive obstacle. It’s malleable and maneuverable with this being illustrated in multiple organizations.

And stop being ok with good enough. Diggs/Bland outside CB combo will be the best in the league for years, an elite duo. Giving that up because you are scared of doing cap work is unserious.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe just me but the numbers are a little lower than I expected

Dak= $49.7M
Parsons=$28.3M
CeeDee=$26.9M

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/market-value/
Dak's number is a little lower than what I expected, Parsons seems about right. CeeDees is pretty eye popping.

The good thing is that they are all pretty much slam dunks given their body of work, so I don't necessarily have any qualms about resigning any of them.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think Burrow's $55M is his floor..,......$56M would make him the highest-paid player in the league. I would not offer him more than $57M.
Depends on timing. If Tua gets 57 and Lawrence then gets 60, it’ll be unlikely Dak’s agent wants to bring the market that far back. Gotta get it done before TLaw is eligible

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So, let's see, add it up. W/ Diggs making around 20 mil/per, that comes out to around 125 mil/season. 4 players. That leaves what, 125 mil for the other 49?

Mediocrity, here we come.
Come on man.. you know as well as I do that there is no way in hell those guys come anywhere near the full cap hit in the same year. Stephen may suck at identifying talent but he has shown at least some competence in figuring out how to pay it. You let one guy's major cap hit come one year then another guy the next year and so on and so on.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You guys worry too much about crap most of us don’t fully understand.
No problem signing all 3. The total contract, the average salary per year….most of that is just window dressing, meaning very little. It’s all about how the contracts are structured. Those 3 contracts don’t even all need to look alike. The biggest paydays don’t all have to be at the end; it’s possible to stagger them, 1 guy up, 2 lower. I’m halfway talking out of my butt because I don’t know exactly all their options are either.

What I think I do know is this is a great problem to have right now as a SB contender. A team still building will have a hard time negotiating structures, but this team is knocking at the door. Guys like Dak, CeeDee, and Micah all deserve their bag, but they see the team and want to win. That makes negotiating the structure to help the team a bit easier.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Y’all love to leave out context lol.

Bland is a 5th round rookie he is cheap as heck. Having him on the team is by no means a reason to not sign Diggs. His contract is peanuts and using his ability as a reason to not have another great player is illogical.

Gilmore is 33 going on 34. You don’t build teams with one year in mind lol. What happens next season when Gilmore can’t do it anymore? Even if he has another, his time is coming quick. Forgoing an All-Pro corner’s contract because you have a solid vet for a year or two is poor roster management.

Do we not remember last year? CB depth is crucial! We trot out Gilmore and Bland and one gets hurt what happens? Eric Freakin Scott or Nashon Wright? You lose a SB season quick playing with fire like that. The fact that we had Diggs this year allowed us to withstand an injury.

Not signing an ALL-PRO for the sake of solid vets and a really good 2nd year guy is fans thinking only 1st ballot HOFers should get re-signed. Stop being crippled by this myth that the cap is some hard shell restrictive obstacle. It’s malleable and maneuverable with this being illustrated in multiple organizations.

And stop being ok with good enough. Diggs/Bland outside CB combo will be the best in the league for years, an elite duo. Giving that up because you are scared of doing cap work is unserious.
My point was we lost Diggs and we are fine this season ... sure we "had to" I am not stating other wise, but my point is like some other posters, we are doing ok this year. If we can resign MP and CeeDee and i guess Dak is getting a monster extension ... fine. I just know you cant have all stars everywhere on the field in terms of contracts. Eventually something has to give.

TWOK11

Reaction score
It will never cease to amaze me how some people can watch football for literally DECADES and still not understand the differences between average annual contract value, guaranteed money, year to year cap hit, etc. I’m not talking about the nitty gritty details, just the macro concepts.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill.
Corners are harder to find than receivers, and the Chiefs didn’t let Tyreek walk. They traded him for FIVE draft picks.

If someone gave us five draft picks for Diggs then sure, by all means get rid of him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Come on man.. you know as well as I do that there is no way in hell those guys come anywhere near the full cap hit in the same year. Stephen may suck at identifying talent but he has shown at least some competence in figuring out how to pay it. You let one guy's major cap hit come one year then another guy the next year and so on and so on.
Of course, but you have to look at the average, and the average is very relevant over those years. It still adds up to 125 mil/year.

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys worry too much about crap most of us don’t fully understand.
No problem signing all 3. The total contract, the average salary per year….most of that is just window dressing, meaning very little. It’s all about how the contracts are structured. Those 3 contracts don’t even all need to look alike. The biggest paydays don’t all have to be at the end; it’s possible to stagger them, 1 guy up, 2 lower. I’m halfway talking out of my butt because I don’t know exactly all their options are either.

What I think I do know is this is a great problem to have right now as a SB contender. A team still building will have a hard time negotiating structures, but this team is knocking at the door. Guys like Dak, CeeDee, and Micah all deserve their bag, but they see the team and want to win. That makes negotiating the structure to help the team a bit easier.
No problem, hey? Mahomes is losing for this same reason. So, how is it not a problem?

817Gill

Reaction score
My point was we lost Diggs and we are fine this season ... sure we "had to" I am not stating other wise, but my point is like some other posters, we are doing ok this year. If we can resign MP and CeeDee and i guess Dak is getting a monster extension ... fine. I just know you cant have all stars everywhere on the field in terms of contracts. Eventually something has to give.
We are fine this one season because we had no other injuries and Gilmore still has gas in the tank. We were not “fine” in 2021 with the same scenario.

While the overall premise of “you can’t have superstars everywhere” may be true, the threshold for that is much higher than fans think. With proper structuring and staggering of deals, the team can certainly afford all the players mentioned. It’s not anywhere near impossible, it just takes some smarts and savy which we should expect out of a FO with SB aspirations.

GORICO

Reaction score
Maybe just me but the numbers are a little lower than I expected

Dak= $49.7M
Parsons=$28.3M
CeeDee=$26.9M

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/market-value/
can we do it PATS way...everyone take a bit hometown discount for the team please....you know if all they care is cashing in we cant pay everyone

Dak set the tone like Brady did....plus the way Kraft did it...paid em less...but then paid em like 5 million for commericial interviews....Jones needs to

do that.....find ways over pay them for Dallas commercial stuff...keep CaP down so we dont lose horses

GORICO

Reaction score
No problem, hey? Mahomes is losing for this same reason. So, how is it not a problem?
true the Mahommes Bank and Trust...meant they lost several top players...they thought Mahommes will just carry team...how is it working out??

they dont have the horses they once did.....come on Dak....rememeber 2018 when you had no receivers til we got Cooper...3-5...after Cooper 7-1

these QB's need to realize that.....there has to be legal way to pay guys like Kraft did...way over pay for their off field stuff....plus no state tax come

on....if we start losing studs we got no shot