Dak, Parsons, and CeeDee's current market value per Spotrac

GORICO

Reaction score
I'd have to win Powerball to even relate. I'll leave the alkaseltzers to Stephen and know they will be record setters and five year deals.
CCBoy---i sent you some cash...you put yours in...hit on majore powerball and we will trickle it down rest of zoners:laugh:

rambo2

Reaction score
So, let's see, add it up. W/ Diggs making around 20 mil/per, that comes out to around 125 mil/season. 4 players. That leaves what, 125 mil for the other 49?

Mediocrity, here we come.
Lol

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Do not make Dak the highest paid QB, pay him what Lamar and Hurts got. If he wins the SB you have no choice but getting to a championship game is the my floor. Pay him Hurts number and move forward. He got his big deal after the ankle injury. The organization paid him handsomely after that incident.
He will certainly look for more than the Hurts deal. Hurts is five years younger than Dak and barring disaster has another big contract in his future. Dak Prescott might be signing his last major deal and it will be a big one. Burrow, Jackson, Hurts, none have won a Super Bowl. Winning the Super Bowl is apparently not as big a factor to players and their agents as it is to fans in contract negotiations.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Be nice if Dak took deals like Brady did…
How many first round picks can we get for Micah…/s
That was a one time thing for a dude at the end of his career with a billionaire wife.

It’s not really the same.

Compare him to any other QB playing at a high level who is up for contract

Watson
Burrow
Herbert
Hurts
Lamar

50m+ aav is going to be the going rate for the next round of QB contracts.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Do not make Dak the highest paid QB, pay him what Lamar and Hurts got. If he wins the SB you have no choice but getting to a championship game is the my floor. Pay him Hurts number and move forward. He got his big deal after the ankle injury. The organization paid him handsomely after that incident.
Why would you expect him to take less than other QBs who haven’t won a SB?

Josh, Hurts, Herbert, Lamar,

None of those guys have a Lombardi.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Anyone who don’t think the QB is worth that much more than an Edge, shouldn’t really be in the discussion. Cmon man, you’re smart enough to know you can have two or three if the best edge rushers in the game, but without a top QB, you’re not going anywhere.
I didn’t mention the QB?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Those 3 salaries combined = 46.66% of the 2023 salary cap. (for reference only)

The team can and will sign these players, but eventually precious depth will be lost.
We've seen this story before...
I could be wrong but I don't it going to be anywhere near as hard as some are expecting, remember the cap will increase. Yes, the numbers look high but they are not that much different from five or ten years ago percentage-wise.

ghst187

Reaction score
That was a one time thing for a dude at the end of his career with a billionaire wife.

It’s not really the same.

Compare him to any other QB playing at a high level who is up for contract

Watson
Burrow
Herbert
Hurts
Lamar

50m+ aav is going to be the going rate for the next round of QB contracts.
Sure I don’t disagree but being the QB of America’s team also nets him a ton in endorsements plus living in TX nets him millions in tax savings.

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm convinced that the salary cap is nothing but smoke and mirrors at this point. Couple the rising salary cap with the flexibility in structuring the contracts and the salary cap is almost an afterthought.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is exactly why we should not have paid Diggs the money we did

If you pay these 4 players this kind of money the rest of the team will be in trouble
Cap is going to above 240. Most contracts are backlogged and have fake years to spread the bonus and they get restructured. Good teams have a few stars. Pay them and then some at middle tier. Then the rest.

KC has mahomes kelce, Jones and one other top player.
SF will be the same
Eagles are the same

Who we might have to make tough decisions on are Fergi and Bland.

The cap has put a premium on drafting well. You miss one year and you are in deep doodoo. That's why 2023 draft is concerning.

Qcard

Reaction score
This is exactly why we should not have paid Diggs the money we did

If you pay these 4 players this kind of money the rest of the team will be in trouble
If anyone still believes this Cap Hell Myth drivel....it has more to do with NOT wanting certain type of players paid and p NOT prevailing Football team facts...

Shocker.....Dak Haters are Lazy Thinkers!!

What was your 2023 Season Prediction record? Remember I own the blockchain :lmao2: :lmao2:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
$49.7M.

:laugh:

Let me read that again.

$49.7M.

:laugh:

I doubt Jones will start negotiations less than $57.5 million. That $50 mil might fly with some other franchise's front office. History (1989 to present) and that big ole smile on Jones' face lately says Prescott contract extension shall be significant.
49.7 ain't happening....even if Jerruh was a shrewd negotiator.

Real question: which of those 3 players would people rather lose? Can't keep all 3.

And then there's bland