Dak, Parsons, and CeeDee's current market value per Spotrac

visionary

Reaction score
Cap is going to above 240. Most contracts are backlogged and have fake years to spread the bonus and they get restructured. Good teams have a few stars. Pay them and then some at middle tier. Then the rest.

KC has mahomes kelce, Jones and one other top player.
SF will be the same
Eagles are the same

Who we might have to make tough decisions on are Fergi and Bland.

The cap has put a premium on drafting well. You miss one year and you are in deep doodoo. That's why 2023 draft is concerning.
Thats my point
You cannot pay 4 players so much money without it significantly hampering building the rest of the team which affects how long and how much you can compete
And we will have to pay our LOT soon

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Thats my point
You cannot pay 4 players so much money without it significantly hampering building the rest of the team which affects how long and how much you can compete
And we will have to pay our LOT soon
My point was they scatter the contracts. Have fake years. Backload and continue restructuring.

You can't build a team of 6 or 7 super stars. It's built around 3 or 4.

Thus draft being important. And getting lucky.

SF got lucky to find Purdy.

Not two years from now. They have to pay Samuel, kettle, boss, etc.

Same problem for everyone

visionary

Reaction score
My point was they scatter the contracts. Have fake years. Backload and continue restructuring.

You can't build a team of 6 or 7 super stars. It's built around 3 or 4.

Thus draft being important. And getting lucky.

SF got lucky to find Purdy.

Not two years from now. They have to pay Samuel, kettle, boss, etc.

Same problem for everyone
Yes but it affects the team
Look at KC, their OL stinks and crap at WR
Look at Philly, crap at LB and safety

That affects their play

The objective should be building a team

My proposal was that understanding all these guys need to be paid, trade Diggs last off season for a rd 1 pick then take a CB with that pick. There were several rd 1 CB last year. I wanted to pay that 20 million to DT Hargraves. We could have still had a great backfield and had a much better DL and still paid all these guys next year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes but it affects the team
Look at KC, their OL stinks and crap at WR
Look at Philly, crap at LB and safety

That affects their play

The objective should be building a team

My proposal was that understanding all these guys need to be paid, trade Diggs last off season for a rd 1 pick then take a CB with that pick. There were several rd 1 CB last year. I wanted to pay that 20 million to DT Hargraves. We could have still had a great backfield and had a much better DL and still paid all these guys next year
Of course. Every team will eventually pay the piper. But KC won superbowl.philly made it there. Etc.

And then you redo, cut, etc. And hope to reload with your core. Until all are old, etc. And you rebuild

Too late to trade Diggs. So we probably lose Bland.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"We cant sign them and have high quality depth" this cracks me up name the big money "Depth" we have now? show me the team who has big money depth...pay them they are great players keep drafting depth and getting some vets on the low..you know like your doing now...

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Corners are harder to find than receivers, and the Chiefs didn’t let Tyreek walk. They traded him for FIVE draft picks.

If someone gave us five draft picks for Diggs then sure, by all means get rid of him.
Hill was like a cheat code to make it to the AFCCG, if not the SB, every year with Mahomes throwing him the rock. We traded a non-cheat code once upon a time (H. Walker) and the fans were hanging the JJs in effigy. Worked out well for us, but this board would’ve lost its mind if we’d had Hill and traded him for 10 draft picks. A bird in the hand and all that.