Dak: People can say what they want

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm not sure at what point the quantity of 1st downs becomes a detriment. It would seem to indicate a lack of big plays...not to say they didn't have any tonight, but generally speaking. How many 1st downs did Seattle have? I imagine it was considerably fewer, yet we barely squeaked out a win.

GMO415

Reaction score
giphy.gif

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Good, I'm glad he's got that huge chip on his shoulder. He's going to need it, so he can prepare, practice, and demand excellence from all around him. The Cowboys can't go on a Superbowl run without Dak playing like the world is against him. He played with absolute fire tonight. You could see it, he wanted it, badly.

:flagwave:

Proof

Reaction score
I'm not sure at what point the quantity of 1st downs becomes a detriment. It would seem to indicate a lack of big plays...not to say they didn't have any tonight, but generally speaking. How many 1st downs did Seattle have? I imagine it was considerably fewer, yet we barely squeaked out a win.
they’ve routinely led the league in long drives all season. i honestly don’t know what that translates to as far as historical success or not, but it’s nothing new and in line with the methodical nature of *this* version of the team

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
They played mostly zone, so had to take what's available, be patient, make plays. The times he did go down field, we did at least get some DPIs out of them.

sacase

Reaction score
Dak at the beginning of the season sucked. I think McCarthy and the play calling sucked. The real MVP is Lamb, he went to the coach and said let me help this team get better. They made an effort to get Lamb involved and it showed. Then when Lamb started cooking they got Cooks going and actually contributing, now we are seeing Dak air it out, something we didn't see at the beginning of the year, most likely due to play calling and play selection. I have been really critical of Pollard, but I think he may have been a bit comfortable coupled with bad play calling, but ever since Dowdle started running hard, Pollard has picked up his game and is running over people and running much harder. I think this team is really bringing it all together every week. What's most impressive is Dak has shined ever since the philly game. He looks much more confident in throwing the ball down field and is making decisions with authority. Props to him to change the narrative.