Dak: People can say what they want

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Possibly so but if this season ends in similar fashion the critics will say it’s gotten to him in his head. And what I’m concerned about.

The time to call out the haters if you’re going to is when you have knocked the monkey off your back.
The vast majority of critics are flavor of the month "journalists." I pay no attention the the potential drama. This is really much about nothing.

Gambit

Reaction score
As usual can’t handle the criticism so attack the messenger.

It’s great he’s having some success but has to learn how to handle the critics like all public celebrity’s.

Don’t recall Jethro calling out the critics as haters . Just saying…it’s not a good look.
Again, did he use the word haters?

Or...

Did the media dude ask the question that used the word?

Or....

Did Patrick 'No C' Walker use it in his tweet to drum up attention?

My guess, it's the latter simply based off Dak's quote doesn't include the word.

But sure, just toss Dak under the bus cause that's the low hanging fruit.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Criticism does not equate to hate. At least it never has in my book. Hating is a waste of time and energy.
Yet,that would be ignoring the dozen plus posters on here and those in the media who have claimed throughout his career is the 33rd best QB in the league... that the Cowboys would be better off with Cooper Rush, Andy Dalton, Baker Mayfield, will Grier...or any other backup QB....that he is football illiterate, i.e doesn't have the athletic skills, or mental capacity to play the game. These are statements I've read on this board over the past 7 years... which obviously go way beyond "just criticism" they are definitely coming from haters and we all know who they are both on the board and in the media.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because most fans have no idea what they’re watching so players just ignore that noise.

Dak is playing outstanding football right now.
And the evermore reason not to be addressing or calling out the noise as his performances should be silencing it.

And if we have success in the playoffs it will finally cease most of it as the monkey will be off his back.

But if he thinks now is the time to call it out cause he’s playing well, what’s he going to do if he has a bad stretch ? He’s opened a can of worms which could come back to haunt him.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak played great and it couldn't have happened at a better stretch of the season

I've told it like it is when he's bombed and will praise him when he balls out.

Please let him continue this well into the playoffs!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yet,that would be ignoring the dozen plus posters on here and those in the media who have claimed throughout his career is the 33rd best QB in the league... that the Cowboys would be better off with Cooper Rush, Andy Dalton, Baker Mayfield, will Grier...or any other backup QB....that he is football illiterate, i.e doesn't have the athletic skills, or mental capacity to play the game. These are statements I've read on this board over the past 7 years... which obviously go way beyond "just criticism" they are definitely coming from haters and we all know who they are both on the board and in the media.
Right. More like the Trolls not simply critics or fans offering criticism.

The evermore reason not to address them.

I guess next he’ll be taking on Stephen A. Lol

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did I say there werent any haters? I just said I’m not one, and that hating is a waste of time and energy. Also, its not against the forum rules to hate. Its kind of ironic that people “hate” the haters so much…..at any rate, the ignore function works wonders…..

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
The next 4 games are going to be his hardest, he has a lot of writing yet to do. Hope his grammar is correct.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not gonna blow out everybody. They found a way to win a game when defense didn’t play their best game. That gas good win for this team last night! Enjoy it man.
I did enjoy it, and I wasn't complaining. I'm just saying that in any game, a lot of first downs isn't necessarily an indication of success, as a standalone stat.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1st Downs -
Seahags: 25 of 64 plays
Dallas: 33 of 79 plays

Penalty yards -
Seadicks: 10 for 130 yards
Dallas: 9 for 127
:facepalm: :oops:
Funny thing is I remember thinking at some point in the first quarter, "Wow, not a lot of flags tonight, that's good!"

They must have heard me.

Reactions: G2

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys “fans” can’t be happy unless Dak fails. They even criticize his press conferences. Pathetic.
Not at all. But taking on the troll like haters before knocking the monkey off your back only fuels their fire .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Where did I say there werent any haters? I just said I’m not one, and that hating is a waste of time and energy. Also, its not against the forum rules to hate. Its kind of ironic that people “hate” the haters so much…..at any rate, the ignore function works wonders…..
And exactly what the players should do as coaches advise . If it gets into their heads it could become a bigger obstacle .

Let your actions and performance silence the noise. Rise above it instead of swimming in the swamp with them.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

giphy.gif

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm not sure at what point the quantity of 1st downs becomes a detriment. It would seem to indicate a lack of big plays...not to say they didn't have any tonight, but generally speaking. How many 1st downs did Seattle have? I imagine it was considerably fewer, yet we barely squeaked out a win.
That many first downs means long time consuming drives that sap the opponent's energy. Neither defense played worth a damn last night but which defense had the energy to turn it up in the 4th quarter with the game on the line? Probably the one whose offense dominated time of possession by 13 minutes!!. Complementary football, my friend.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Proper perspective is Dak hasn’t done anything. He’s having a good season but it’s all for nothing if he fails in January. Put away the anointing oil.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
As usual can’t handle the criticism so attack the messenger.

It’s great he’s having some success but has to learn how to handle the critics like all public celebrity’s.

Don’t recall Jethro calling out the critics as haters . Just saying…it’s not a good look.
I'm not calling you a hater, big bro. I just wish you weren't so picky. Enjoy the game. Dak said nothing wrong. Actually, I felt he handled the media concerning his critics very gentle but firm. Dak spoke nothing but the truth.